It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, Creation, Intelligent Design, Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Warning: I tend to ramble, ALOT !

This is NOT going to be about christian bashing; I am NOT siding FOR or AGAINST any religion, nor am I siding with atheism. If something I say is offensive to you, it was NOT my intention. I am NOT looking for a fight, nor a debate regarding pros or cons on this subject. I just have to get this out of my head. I have a theory, one that I DO NOT FULLY BELIEVE MYSELF !!! But it seems to make more sense to me than any other theories I've heard on "REALITY". This theory is based on MY EXPERIENCES in the past 7 years. The reason I have to get it OUT is because it is DRIVING ME INSANE !!! (I have children, and I do NOT want to be INSANE)

Here goes nothing ...

Right NOW, there are greater than 100 thousand PRAYING Christians that have been PRAYING Christians for OVER 50 years.
Right NOW, there are greater than 100 thousand PRAYING Muslims that have been PRAYING Muslims for OVER 50 years.
Right NOW, there are greater than 100 thousand PRAYING Buddhists that have been PRAYING Buddhists for OVER 50 years.
Right NOW, there are greater than 100 thousand PRAYING Hindus that have been PRAYING Hindus for OVER 50 years.

Each and every one of them have stayed within their religion, going to bed every night believing as they do, and waking up every morning, still believing as they do. WHY? They ALL HAVE THE SAME ANSWER !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Their PRAYERS have apparently been answered. They will ALL site instances and experiences, where their belief has been PROVEN to them. I thought about this, and it MAKES SENSE. You think about it for a moment; who in their right mind goes to bed each night and wakes up each morning, for most of their entire life, believing the SAME thing all of their lives, if NONE OF THEIR PRAYERS EVER GOT ANSWERED !?!?!? The answer: NO ONE !!!

So if the Hindu stays Hindu because his prayers are answered, and his personal experiences are proof for HIM that Hinduism is the correct belief, and if the Buddhist stays Buddhist because his prayers are answered, and his personal experiences are proof for HIM that Buddhism is the correct belief, and if the Muslim stays Muslim because his prayers are answered, and his personal experiences are proof for HIM that Islam is the correct belief, and if the Christian stays Christian because his prayers are answered, and his personal experiences are proof for HIM that Christianity is the correct belief, THEN WHAT IS GOING ON !?!?

So, here's my theory:
1. I am a software engineer. You tell me what you want a computer program to do, and I will DESIGN it. An old buddy of mine is an Architect. You tell him how you want a building to look, and he will DESIGN it. We are APPARENTLY capable of design, hence, we, being DESIGNERS, ought to be capable of RECOGNISING when something APPEARS DESIGNED, and when something does NOT appear DESIGNED. This world, in my most humble opinion, APPEARS DESIGNED.
2. I am a software engineer. I understand the language of computers. I create programs using the INSTRUCTION SETS that are native to computers. I "AM" WHO I AM AS A RESULT OF AN INSTRUCTION SET KNOWN AS DNA.
3. I am a software engineer. I have a good knowledge of the physical MECHANISMS that comprise the modern computer. A CPU (with a pulsing crystal, aka, the computer's "clock", used to execute a programmer's Instruction Sets (Programs)), a Motherboard (connects all of the computer's parts together, allowing the various parts to communicate with each other), Memmory (for temporary storage of data AND programs), a Hard Drive (for permanent storage of data AND programs), etc (there are other parts, but you get the picture).
I "AM" a BIO-MECHANICAL Mechanism, with many parts VERY similar to a computer.

Here's where it gets a little dicey ...
READ NEXT POST

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
4. I "was" a Christian; I "am" an American; I "am" hispanic; I "have" light skin; I "have" brown eyes; I "have" brown hair; I "have" curly hair; I "am" 5'10" tall; I "have" Hispanic facial features. YOU might "be" a Buddhist; YOU might "be" a Canadian; YOU might "be" an arab; YOU might "have" dark brown skin; YOU might "have" blue eyes; YOU might "have" blonde hair; YOU might "have" straight hair; YOU might "be" 5'0" tall; YOU might "have" Asian facial features.
For eons, these DESIGNED differences (at least the physical ones can be said to be designed) have led every living organism to: seperate themselves from differing groups, forming groups with those having similar appearances, seeking the survival of the group because it indirectly means the survival of self, demonizing the other groups for the sake of confirming allegiance to the home group, expressing prejudice, WAR over resources against the other groups !!!

So let's think about it, IF this world is designed, as greater than 90 % of religious persons believe it to be, and part of that DESIGN is diversity of life (the INSTRUCTION SETS contained in our DNA), and part of that DESIGN includes the INSTRUCTION to STAY ALIVE, and assuming the DESIGNER(S) are intelligent enough to realize that combining diversity of life with the instruction to stay alive will likely cause the diverse life forms to group themselves according to their similarities, and to harbor greater concern for those similar to themselves than they would for those different than themselves, and that such a state of being would cause distrust of the other groups, because after all, you "KNOW" your "OWN" mind, you "KNOW" what YOU "are thinking" when you see that guy across the street that moved into your neighborhood that "is" different from you. YOU "knowing" how YOU "think", become suspicious, because it's likely the OTHER GUY THINKS THE SAME AS YOU!

Again, if the DESIGNER(S) knew what the INSTRUCTION SETS in our DNA's would lead up to, and ALSO DESIGNED ALL BioMechanical Organisms to "FEEL" emotions, such as love and hate, jealousy and trust, anger and happiness, then it only seems fair to say the DESIGNER(S) designed "living" beings to GROUP THEMSELVES; SUSPECT, FEAR, AND HATE COMPETING GROUPS; AND GO TO WAR AGAINST THOSE GROUPS OVER RESOURCES.

Does ANY OF THIS SOUND FAMILIAR TO ANY OF YOU !?!?

Do YOU not recognize a GAME !?!?

Like other GAMES, everything is BY DESIGN !!!
Religious beliefs, DESIGNED!
Physical differences, DESIGNED!
Finite Resources, DESIGNED!
Dangerous emotions, DESIGNED!
WILL to "SURVIVE", DESIGNED!
Answers to Prayers, DESIGNED!
Miracles, DESIGNED!
Alien abductions, DESIGNED!
Religious Miracles, DESIGNED!
Ghost sightings, DESIGNED!
Sightings of Demons/Angels, DESIGNED!

This "world" is NOT real, yet it is "real" to us, because, we are NOT real!

Ten's of thousands claim to have seen ghosts.
Ten's of thousands claim to have seen demons/angels.
Ten's of thousands claim to have seen UFOs/Aliens.
Ten's of thousands claim to have seen miracles.
Ten's of thousands claim to have experienced Psychic phenomena.

Are they all lying !?!? Or is the "GAME" simply DESIGNED so that WHAT EVER THE HECK WE FIRMLY BELIEVE IN, WE WILL FIND SUPPORTING EVIDENSE TO KEEP US BELIEVING !?!?

Consider, if this is some sought of "virtual" world, where everything that occurs has occured simply because the running program makes them occur, is it possible that every so often the "hard drive" where the program is running gets a few files corrupted? Might "our" memmories simply be stored on a "hard drive", and every so often, your memmory space collides with my memmory space, and we experience abnormal phenomena, such as "past lives", or "remote viewing", or "dejavu".

READ NEXT POST

[edit on 24-4-2009 by JustMy2Cents]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Lastly, when you log on to your fav gaming site and create a character, that character did not exist until you created it, and after you no longer play with that character, or the character is killed off in the game, it simply ceases to exist within the "world" of that game.

So it will likely be with YOU, and MYSELF, and MY 3 CHILDREN WHOM I LOVE SO DEARLY and wish NOT TO CONSIDER THEIR MORTALITY, THEIR FINITE STATE, THEIR NON-TRUE EXISTENSE, We all will be as we were before our characters were created in the game. IT SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me something else to believe in !!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

we are one with infinity

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
For all we known, we could really be from a Type 3 Civilization that created a life like program for us (because they/we don't die) and sent us here and all this is made up by them, therefore when we die, we simply exit the game like pacman, and we come back out of it.

That makes as much sense as other religions.
(it's copywrited now, I'll call it, Church of LifeGame)

Ha, as I wrote this on type I see you just posted a very similar one, that was a bit bizarre.......to say the least.

I think you greatly describe the movie the Matrix 1,2, and 3.

But I believe in the multiverse theory, that there are almost an endless amount of universes, and eventually ours was created with life in it, would that be considered Design or would it be simply "It had to of happened sooner or later", without actually knowing if it happened sooner?

The amount of things that could really be going on are infinite, absolutely.

You must of spent a long time writing this out, and you do ramble
but I think everyone else does. My thing is ranting on and on about something. Ha.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

we ARE infinity

its normal dont worry.. if we didnt bother to stop and ask questions the universer wouldnt be here

We are the reason FOR it!

woot woot!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

that's what i was hinting at

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
ohh ok my bad

Just that you kinda said it was not us..

The only reason we get infinity is the question! "its not real" well it is to us coz we are dumb but to the "toga dude" its not lol

nice pic btw :] nice to see what a question looks like heh ! ohh today i shall ware pink fluffy slippers = ur picture

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
For the OP:

Well thought out....my eyes glazed over after a while, though...sorry.

But, IF I read correctly and got the gist properly, did you just describe the movie "Matrix"??

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Most things listed here could be "designed". But this doesn't explain my experiences of "unwilling paranormal activity". True, i have no way of proving this to anyone but as a fellow computer engineer, I will say this: "No, we don't know everything and yes that annoys me too!"

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
For the OP:

Well thought out....my eyes glazed over after a while, though...sorry.

But, IF I read correctly and got the gist properly, did you just describe the movie "Matrix"??

In the Matrix, REAL people were intruders into the PROGRAM.
In the PROGRAM, "there is no spoon".

I'm thinking, REALITY itself is the PROGRAM, and there is no NEO.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenflt
Most things listed here could be "designed". But this doesn't explain my experiences of "unwilling paranormal activity". True, i have no way of proving this to anyone but as a fellow computer engineer, I will say this: "No, we don't know everything and yes that annoys me too!"

Consider:

RANDOM-NUMBER GENERATORS determine WHO/WHAT/WHERE/WHEN regarding "paranormal events"
RANDOM-NUMBER GENERATORS determine WHO/WHAT/WHERE/WHEN regarding "answered prayers"
RANDOM-NUMBER GENERATORS determine the WHO/WHAT/WHERE/WHEN for all things which seem "random"; who becomes a homicidal maniac; who becomes a killer as a result of a fit of jealousy, who survives those accidents where the doc says "they should be dead", who experiences coincidenses, who gets to "see" a UFO, who becomes an abductee. ETC, ETC.

Consider:

The character Jesus DID heal the sick, raise the dead, and walk on water, because a RANDOM-GENERATOR chose that character to start a new religion. Same for all these:
The character Mohamed DID ascend to heaven.
The character Joseph Smith DID have an "encounter" with an angel named Moroni.

Each character "believed" themselves to be whatever it is they thought themselves to be because the PROGRAM led them to believe it.

new topics

top topics

join