It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

300 Alien worlds discovered by TED, Microsoft and Nasa (WWT)

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Just letting you all know of a new technology available called the World Wide telescope, it allows everyday people to explore the cosmos. The video below is a guided tour of parts of the universe with a commentator from (microsoft?)

World Wide Telescope Official Page


From WorldWideTelescope.org
WorldWide Telescope (WWT) enables your computer to function as a virtual telescope, bringing together imagery from the best ground and space-based telescopes in the world. Experience narrated guided tours from astronomers and educators featuring interesting places in the sky.


The video of the tour:



For skeptics, you can view the tour in question by downloading and installing WWT, once installed, go to guided tours, then to category "Other" and should it be the 2rd guided tour, the one with giant red letters Spelling TED™.

One thing noone can debate, is that the universe is a beautiful place.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by king9072]




posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Who is confirming this 'fact' of the 300 alien planets?



posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
Who is confirming this 'fact' of the 300 alien planets?



Hey Blake, I think you're taking the term "alien" in the wrong sense. When it says 300 "alien" ... it isn't refering to finding 300 ET planets where the ET's are waving back at our telescope.



posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072



When it says 300 "alien" ... it isn't refering to finding 300 ET planets where the ET's are waving back at our telescope.



I was assaulted by your perfectly daft imaginings .


Quite an image .

priceless.



posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Sorry if i'm clueless, but is this a new one, because I have worldwide telescope, and the only thing you can see clearly is the planets, and pluto, then the sun, everything else is a blur of light, like giant pixels. and it was poorly done altogether, it's glitchy slow, and gets stuck easy, and it's not my computer my computer is just excellent.

If it is new, I'm definately going to enjoy it, almost done downloading....



posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072


For skeptics, you can view the tour in question...


Is there anyone here who is skeptical about the existence of exoplanets? I haven't seen much debate about it.



posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
You need a top of the line computer for this program. I'm still in the Celeron D age with 64MB onboard video memory.


[edit on 24-4-2009 by DEM0N]



posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by king9072


For skeptics, you can view the tour in question...


Is there anyone here who is skeptical about the existence of exoplanets? I haven't seen much debate about it.


Thanks for adding some much to the thread. I was heading off the "this youtube video is fake" comments. Thanks for the sarcasm though, highly appreciated.



posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I wasn't being sarcastic. There isn't much to be skeptical about in the video. You seem to have an odd idea about what skepticism is.

Anyhow, WWT is a good educational toy. Kind of like Google Sky. Both use the same sources for their images. It should be pointed out though, because the error has been made here on ATS on more than one occasion, that neither presents real time imagery of the sky.



posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
CURRENT PLANET COUNT: 346
stars with planets: 292
Earthlike planets: 0

planetquest.jpl.nasa.gov...



posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I wasn't being sarcastic. There isn't much to be skeptical about in the video. You seem to have an odd idea about what skepticism is.

Anyhow, WWT is a good educational toy. Kind of like Google Sky. Both use the same sources for their images. It should be pointed out though, because the error has been made here on ATS on more than one occasion, that neither presents real time imagery of the sky.


Well just like the first reply took the post word out of context thats why I included it. I assumed some people would watch the video hear the term, and consider it fake.



posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
CURRENT PLANET COUNT: 346
stars with planets: 292
Earthlike planets: 0

planetquest.jpl.nasa.gov...


I dont think they have to be earth like planets to have some form of intellegent life on them, that would be stero typing the rest of the universe so to speak.



new topics

top topics



 
5

log in

join