It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN slaps sanctions on NKorean firms over missile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

UN slaps sanctions on NKorean firms over missile

au.news.yahoo.com

UNITED NATIONS (AFP) - The United Nations slapped sanctions Friday on three North Korean firms accused of backing missile development, in the first concrete action against Pyongyang over its April 5 rocket launch.

Turkish Ambassador Baki Ilkin, who .s the committee, told reporters the three companies added to the blacklist were the Korea Mining Development Trading Corporation, Korea Ryonbong General Corporation and Tanchon Commercial Bank.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
North Korea: Sanctions a declaration of war

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
it is good to see the UN finally acting against NK.
NK has been pushing buttons for months and now they are going to see the repercussions, through these sanctions.

problem is NK sanctions a declaration of war in the event that actions are taken against them in relation to the April 5 missile launch.
i'm sure we will see NK kick out over these events.

from the source

North Korea said its April 5 launch put into orbit a satellite that is broadcasting patriotic songs from the communist dynasty.

But no other nation has confirmed a satellite in orbit.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
and the story keeps unfolding, i reported a while a go that North Korea said they would take military action if they got sanctions against them..

and now since they are "Nuclear Power" who knows what crazy bollocks the US will come up with to entice them to war, it's the same thing we did with Japan during WWII...

coincidence that North Korea is one of 5 Nations that don't have a Rothschilds Controlled Central Bank..yet! i think not

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
North Korea is gonna scream about that. They said earlier that any sanctions would mean war... but NK rhetoric is 99% BS... but one day it's gonna be the 1%...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

That's assuming the UN enforces said sanctions, which i doubt they will. They're just going to continue allowing Il to make threats and demand money to not carry them out. UN sanctions are meaningless.

TA

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
we'll perhaps some countries and the UN should start taking threats more seriously. the same way isreal takes threats seriously.
its hard to say if NK is BSing their way through existence, BSing their way into a s### fight or if they are being marionetted.

just going to continue allowing Il to make threats and demand money to not carry them out.

see i've said it before and that is i'm not entirely sure Kim Jong-il is running the show anymore. i doubt he is even alive. he had a stroke some time ago, went in for surgery and has hardly been seen since. when he does show his face its hard to say if it is even him.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by spear.]

new topics

top topics

join