It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police caught on tape trying to recruit protester as spy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Police caught on tape trying to recruit protester as spy

www.guardian.co.uk

Undercover police are running a network of hundreds of informants inside protest organisations who secretly feed them intelligence in return for cash-in-hand payments, according to evidence handed to the Guardian.

In the material, the police claim to have infiltrated a number of environmental groups and say they are receiving information about leaders, tactics and detailed plans of future demonstrations.

The dramatic disclosures are revealed in almost three hours of secretly recorded discussions between covert officers, claiming to be from Strathclyde police, and Matilda Gifford, an acti
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So there we have it, money talks... sometimes very loudly.

but then again, so does the 'pleasure and pain' of gifts offered, as sometimes a gift has a price behind it as it seems to be so in this case

• Indicate that she could receive tens of thousands of pounds to pay off her student loans in return for information about individuals within Plane Stupid.

• Say they will not pay money direct into her bank account because that would create an audit trail that would leave her compromised. They say the money would be tax-free and add: "UK plc can afford more than twenty quid."

• Accept that she is a legitimate protester, but warn that her activity could mean she will struggle to find employment in the future and result in her receiving a criminal record.

• Claim they have hundreds of informants feeding them information from protest organisations and "big groupings" from across the political spectrum.

• Explain that spying for police could assist her if in the future she were arrested. "People would sell their soul to the devil," an officer says.

• Warn her that she could be jailed alongside "hard, evil" people if she received a custodial sentence.

It's hard enough to get a job now anyway, and if you ever get nicked for anything then that's the way it is.. but being offered the 'sanctuary' of assistance after any future arrest is a form of bribery... and tax free payments.. with no trace..

So the tax payer pays the bill and if you decide to go to the papers with your story, you cant prove where you got the money from as there will be no trail ...

A much as the police wish to gain data for their overlords, you really have to question the methods. Especially when the tax payers are involved, unknowingly.

Gifford's lawyer, Patrick Campbell, said: "I have very considerable concerns about these events. There appears to be a covert operation that is running in some way with, or using Strathclyde police's name. There appears to be a concerted effort to turn protesters to informants and possibly infiltrate peaceful protest movements.

"The methods employed are disturbing, and more worrying yet is the lack of any clearly identifiable body responsible for this. These individuals seem to have some kind of police support or at the very least connections with the police – the access to police stations confirms that – but my concern is the lack of accountability and the threat to the individual and her right to protest."

Yes this is disturbing. It is big brother in operation. Just who are these people? What right have they got to use my hard earnt tax money to give away as a gift to people who are trying to do a lot of good for a lot of others and the environment.

I wonder how many other groups will come forward with similar scenarios?

And for those of you who wish to know more about plane stupid,
www.planestupid.com...

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Extralien]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
This is a short video of the police, and several 'unknowns' making video and taking photos of a group of peaceful protestors.

The guy on the phone in this 'talk in' makes a very valid point.

He says that there are no terrorists so the police have to turn their attention somewhere else.

It's almost a case of the police trying to create a situation where any protestor will break and cause mayhem and could possibly have all the powers of 'anti terror' laws thrown at him/her.
Either way, this type of thing is spreading, the police and TPTB are getting desperate to stop all this, they are turning to every trick they can to get a violent reaction or to nip all this in the bud before the message gets out to way too many people..

TPTB do not have our best interests at heart...only their own agendas.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I commented on this in another thread....when Goebbels and his henchmen got German's to spy on and report on their own family's and neighbours we were quite rightly outraged...now we allow the same without a murmur.
Nazi Germany - Stalinist Russia - UK Today.
A fair reflection??

Where will it end?

[edit on 25/4/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I commented on this in another thread....when Goebbels and his henchmen got German's to spy on and report on their own family's and neighbours we were quite rightly ouraged...now we allow the same without a murmur.
Nazi Germany - Stalinist Russia - UK Today.
A fair reflection??

Where will it end?

I think it is far worse, as the tech available today to these murderers is far worse. the bit that gets me is the 2 faced people that go on tv, and radio and you know they are just as bad as any german scientist, and would do exactly the same, following orders.

It is obvious the police would do this, but what makes it worse is if they go after someones life they never stop even though the person has done nothing wrong. Pure scum.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Just to add, there are far my successful methods which are being used to this very day in recruiting.
On simple method is via the net. Its far more cheaper, effective and you can literally track them down to within 1 meter via gps.
If you would like to listen to what ever their saying while there not online, well lets say you only need to clone their cell phone.
. Keep in mind your cell phone is Transmitter and Receiver and yes its as easy as 1 2 3 do get the network needed up and running.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Keep in mind your cell phone is Transmitter and Receiver

Your brain is also a reciever and transmitter, it just takes the police to have more tech to hook into that.

There is no privacy if they really go after you in uk or usa, anymore.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by tristar
Keep in mind your cell phone is Transmitter and Receiver

Your brain is also a reciever and transmitter, it just takes the police to have more tech to hook into that.

There is no privacy if they really go after you in uk or usa, anymore.

Hello,

As i have posted in another post, this is real, i have used on it on various occasions to stress security breaches, that being said, well about the brain, well thats not something which can be used in lets say, if i needed to track someone in the next 30mins for how ever long i wanted. Obviously him being totally oblivious to the whole monitoring.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This isn't surprising to me AT ALL.

When they were openly watching Twitter on the run-up to the G20 protests that should have been a sign that they regard all protesters as a threat to their power.

What can we do?

Keep watching every action they make. They are no longer there to serve the people, they are there to destroy any justifiable argument against their methods and practices.

We need to keep exposing them for what they are, just another corrupt system of control over the freedom of the people to express their anger and disappointment.

We need to make sure that video, audio and photographic evidence is collected of every officer working at a protest, if they refuse to give their badge number, we need an image of their face.

If they want to play dirty with peaceful protesters, those peaceful protesters need to use every method available to hold them to account for their actions.

The Met and City Police have lost credibility and trust, and other regions are now going to follow. There needs to be an overhaul of the entire system, from training to anti-terror legislation.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Your words could not be any clearer, especially with the latest news report on the actual lack of control and power the police currently have;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We must let them know that we will not tolerate their criminal acts or submit to their whims as and when they see fit.

Too many people have been injured or killed at the hands of police, either on the streets or in the cells.

Lets go back a few years and have a look at a highly controversial episode in the history of the UK as there were many rumours as to why this started. It can only be the Brixton Riots.

On the evening of the 10th 1981, at around 17:15, a black youth who had been stabbed in an attack was being helped by a police patrol in Atlantic Road. As he was being helped, a large hostile crowd gathered. As they tried to take him to a waiting car on Railton Road, the crowd intervened. The police were attacked and the struggle only ended when more police officers arrived; the youth was taken to a hospital. The crowd is reported to have believed that the police stopped and questioned the stabbed youth, rather than help him. Rumours spread that the youth had been left to die by the police or that the police looked on as the stabbed youth was lying on the street.

Brixton in south London was, and to an extent still is, an area of deep social and economic problems — high unemployment, high crime, poor housing, no amenities — in a predominantly black community[3]. The police were strongly disliked and seen as largely reactionary and distant. An attempt at proactive crime control did much to increase tensions. The Metropolitan Police began Operation Swamp 81 at the beginning of April, aimed at reducing street crime, mainly through the heavy use of the so-called sus law, which allowed police to stop and search individuals on the basis of a mere 'suspicion' of wrong-doing.

en.wikipedia.org...(1981)

Nothing has changed except for the fact that now EVERYBODY is under suspiscion, everybody is watched, monitored, herded into compact corridoors of control. The police no longer have the respect and integrity they believe they should get. Nothing more than the extended control device of TPTB.

top topics

join