It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the new flu be a terrorist attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here is a link to a cbs article about the flu

Swine Flu Baffles Health Experts

For anyone who hasn't read about this already here is a quote from the article.

"The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said tests show some of the Mexico victims died from the same new strain of swine flu that sickened eight people in Texas and California. It's a frightening new strain that combines genetic material from pigs, birds and humans. "

A combination of generic material from pigs, birds and humans. That is what stuck out in my mind. How does that occur in the wild?

Over 60 deaths have been reported in Mexico and over 900 sick yet our borders are still open. I'm more than a little concerned.

I'm wondering if this was an intentional release of an engineered flu?

I've wondered for several years if the West Nile virus was intentionally released in California because I doubt that the mosquitoes flu over from the mid east by themselves and now we have this new flu.

Perhaps this is day one for a epidemic for the history books.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Wildbob77]

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Wildbob77]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Do people remember that Obama poem at the inauguration that involved the word Pig, and some other abstract wordings that hardly made sense the first time? I hope that it did not have a hidden meaning, just clutching at straws it seems.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The CDC is working on a vaccine just in case there is a pandemic.

CDC Readies Vaccine in Case of Swine Flu Pandemic

Just what everyone on this board wants.... Another vaccine.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Good find on the genetics behind the swine flu outbreak... I will keep an eye on it...See if I can find out more. Dutch authorities haven't released any info on it yet, except for an advice to contact doctor in case of flu like symptoms when returning from Mexico. But we have quite a good team of virologists working in the Netherlands, I think we'll be hearing from them soon... One of them also flew to hong kong during the Sars outbreak to solve the puzzle.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What really concerns me is the 'coincidental' investigation of USAMRIID over some 'missing virus samples'. Frankly, I feel ill-at-ease even considering the implication that they could be connected.

Also, I'm sure it would be eventually detected if the outbreak was an engineered bio-weapon. But the thought keeps popping up.

Creepy.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I hadn't thought about that.

I'd kind of chalked that off to a retired researcher and the samples in a freezer that got emptied after he was gone.

That's a concern isn't it.

I wonder what those missing vials contained?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
WildBob,

Here is a little more information I found.

"CDC officials described the virus as having a unique combination of gene segments not seen in people or pigs before. The bug contains human virus, avian virus from North America and pig viruses from North America, Europe and Asia. Health officials have seen mixes of bird, pig and human virus before, but never such an intercontinental combination with more than one pig virus in the mix."

If this isn't Bio-terrorism, I don't know what is. Especially the last part of the quote,

"But never such an intercontinental combination with more than one pig virus in the mix".

Just my opinion.

I'll post link in a moment.

link[www.foxnews.com...]

[edit on 24-4-2009 by paxnatus]

[edit on 24-4-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I'm sure that a number of people will be watching this closely.

I'm just curious, how many of you will take a vaccine if one is offered?

Right now, I'm in limbo about this.

If it starts looking bad I might take the jab.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yes, it could possibly be a terrorist attack, either false flag again, or real terrorists.

I have already started a thread about that here.

Ko3

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Either its american made or nature made it. So you have a 50-50 chance of guessing which one.

Its interesting although our leaders talk about getting rid of loads of us, they are never classed a ssuspects in these things, lol.

So you have a 50-50 chance in being right.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Why is it either American made or natural?

Seems to me that there was a report of a group in the mideast that bumped off a bunch of their own while experimenting with bio weapons.

I'll have to take a look for that.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Do people remember that Obama poem at the inauguration that involved the word Pig, and some other abstract wordings that hardly made sense the first time? I hope that it did not have a hidden meaning, just clutching at straws it seems.

Oh I kind of do remember that word being mentioned but I dont' recall why, do you have a link about it? That is interesting although it probably is just my brain going into overdrive to find a link and cause.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Did anyone have a dream about a pig, because I did, I dreamt that I puked a pig out of stomach, that is why I remember it. But if anyone else had a similar dream I would be worried. But again I am connecting some obsurd unrelated scenes.

I wonder what it she says if play backwards?

[edit on 27-4-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

That qualifies as one weird dream.

My recommendation is that no one should kiss any pigs.

We've got all our pigs wearing hospital masks so I think we're safe.

That was a lot easier then getting our chickens to wear those silly masks.

top topics

join