It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO video capture over Elk Grove, CA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This one is a bit questionable in my opinion.
On a close up i kinda recognise the shape.. like from others that we may all have seen in various other reports over the years.

The object is clearly below cloud cover. There is an obvious wind wich rules out any 'lanterns' or lights on balloons....

My estimate puts it roughly between 2 to 4 miles away.

There is sound on the video, but none of the "OMG...look at that.. " It's almost as though it was a'matter of fact' attitude to the videographer. That alone may raise a few questions.. did the person have previous knowledge of its appeance or is the person a follower of the ufo subject and is none too surprised to get one on vid.

On April 23, 2009, at approximately 20:16 hours, in Elk Grove, CA, I observed an extremely bright sphere, which appeared to be white or yellow in color, through the blinds on my glass sliding door. I immediately opened the blinds and observed the sphere from my upper level apartment balcony.

I then ran to my vehicle and retrieved my video camera (Sony Mini-DV DCR-TRV950). At approximately 20:18 hours, I ran back up to my apartment’s balcony and began video taping the sphere in the sky. I video taped the sphere in the sky for approximately eleven minutes before it was out of view.

www.examiner.com...

Although there is not much that is 'exciting' about this video, it is another piece of data that we must al be aware of and co pare with other sightings. Every bit we learn will help us all know the facts wether we believe or not.

ATS related thread: Elk Grove 2005 video

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Extralien]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hmm...

It seems to slowly drift to the left as if carried by wind.

If it is far away, as it seems to be, it's moving about the right speed with the wind.

Hard to tell which direction it's blowing, and what direction it is where the shot is being taken might not be the same as where the object is.

It is a unidentified flying object, but I do not think it was a spacecraft.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Without knowing the orientation and exact location that this was filmed from, i can only speculate. Mather Field is 2-4 miles (more or less depending on exactly where) from Elk Grove. Mather Field has many types of aircraft coming in and out. Many Helicopters still stationed there. Base was technically closed, but is still fairly active.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
While its not a bad clip, I really don't think its anything Extraterrestrial. Yes, it is unidentified, but it doesn't show any flight characteristics of anything other-worldly. It could be a number of things, from a plane in the distances, to a flare, to a lantern, etc.

A brightly lit object in the distance is interesting, but it doesn't really grab me until I see some kind of maneuvers that would seem impossible to us. Nice vid, though.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It's hard to infer much of anything from a single light moving slowly but if you can capture the flight characteristics of that light/object... well that's a different story.

My wife saw another UFO last night (Apr. 23, same night) here in Sacramento in the direction of where Elk Grove would be to us (same object maybe?). She said it appeared as a white-blueish light that slowly drifted. Just as she thought it may be a satellite it lit up/sparkled and zipped across the sky (maybe 30 arc seconds). It stopped and drifted then did this one more time and shot away out of sight. She yelled for me a few times during her sighting but unfortunately I couldn't get out there in time to see it for myself. Either way, I can't prove it, but it does corraborate my wife's sighting for me, (thanks for helping indirectly!).

Seems things are starting to pick up now that Spring is upon us. Gonna have to make sure the camera's ready to roll.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Flux8]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Yes your wife may very likely have seen the same thing...

For a lot of people, you can shove all the evidence you got under their nose and they still wont believe it, until they actually see something with their own eyes.. then they have a hard time tryng to convince everyone else.

Same with this thread.. it does not prove anything.. but it does show something unusual in the sky. It also adds to the stacks of information available..

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Mather Field is approximately 24 miles from the actual location of the incident. The incident took place near I-5 and Elk Grove Blvd.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
On April 23, 2009, at approximately 20:16 hours, in Elk Grove, CA, I observed an extremely bright sphere, which appeared to be white or yellow in color, through the blinds on my glass sliding door. I immediately opened the blinds and observed the sphere from my upper level apartment balcony. The sphere was brighter than anything I have ever seen in the sky. The sphere appeared to be traveling directly (northeast) towards my apartment complex before stopping in the sky. The sphere appeared to sit motionless and soundless in the sky for approximately two minutes. I quickly grabbed my cell phone (Sprint Treo 800w) and took a photograph of the sphere as it sat motionless in the sky. I then ran to my vehicle and retrieved my video camera (Sony Mini-DV DCR-TRV950). At approximately 20:18 hours, I ran back up to my apartments balcony and began video taping the sphere in the sky. I video taped the sphere in the sky for approximately eleven minutes before it was out of view. During the eleven minutes, I did not observe the sphere flash or blink. I continued to observe the sky looking for the opportunity to see the sphere again. While looking to the west, I did notice another object, which appeared to be flat with lights across the front in the distance. This object was very far away and I could not see it in great detail, but flat with lights across the front is how I would describe it. I tried to video tape the object but it was to dark for my camera to reveal anything. I then called my mother informing her of what I had witnessed. I continued to monitor the object in the sky while talking to my mother on the phone when I observed a sphere like object appear in very close proximity of flat object. I sphere just appeared out of nowhere. The sphere appeared to sit motionless for approximately 30 seconds before disappearing, like shutting off a light switch. The sphere then reappeared in the same exact location approximately ten seconds later. The sphere held position for approximately 20-30 more seconds before disappearing completely. I maintained observation of the flat object for approximately two more minutes and noticed lights which appeared to be circling the object. Its hard to be certain due to the distance, but that is how I would describe it. I lost visual of the object from my position as it appeared to be traveling west.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
That is what i have seen twice.
The last time about a month ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and in the summer of 08 I observed a light very much like the light in the video.
It took several minutes to pass acros the city before it vanished.

Im very familiar with the area, the wind always blows from the w-nw, always. Elk Grove sits at the foot of the sierra nevada mountains, so if you look east, se, ne you see the mountains rising in the distance.
Also its only about 25 30 miles to the coast range and if you are looking due west youll see the coast raange rising up, with mt diablo's 4000'ish tall summit being very prominent.
So with the way the wind is blowing the trees around Id say they are looking to the south-west.

the winds also blow very strongly, sea air blows through the san joaquin, sacramento river delta, which cuts through the coast range.
its not something floating on the wind, for all of the chinese lantern people.
and it been very windy the last few days as a storm front blows through.
It would move across the view from right to left
there is a small airport just to the south, that flys only agricultural comodities out of it.
mather afb is closed and is now sacramento mather airport and it is about 25 miles to the ne of elk grove.
It would be behind the viewer.
very interesting stuff indeed

Its not a LE heli they dont hover, they will fly in circular patterns

[edit on 25-4-2009 by punkinworks]

[edit on 25-4-2009 by punkinworks]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
tenmin2dtown, you have quoted from the original source. If you need to quote, then please read this guide;

There are now several methods of ''quoting'' on the ATS boards, each of these tags are designed to show the type of quote, whether it be a quote from a member, an external news story quote or simply an external quote.

handbook.abovetopsecret.com...

and dont forget to copy and paste the source of your info as I have done here..

click on the link and read the full guide on quoting, you'll find a whole lot more there too

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Extralien - I didn't realize that I had to "quote" my own words. I filmed the object in the sky and I wrote the report. I hope this helps clarify...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Looks like a planet to me, setting down on the horizon.

Ko3

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tenmin2dtown

My apologies, I had no idea you are the witness.

Well done on your catch, welcome to ATS and how did you find this thread?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_of_3NKi

If you take another look at the video, you will clearly see this object is below cloud cover... there is a big grey cloud hanging right above it and you can see that the cloud stretches way back behind the object so the object cannot be on the skyline/horizon behind the cloud.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Thank you! I found ATS using Google searches. I'm eager to see if anyone had a similar sighting in the area. I've been reading all of the various posts on the internet. Well, attempting to anyways. There seems to be more than expected.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tenmin2dtown

Welcome aboard.. I'm glad you found us. Incredible team here.

quite an interesting little vid you got there. There's quite a bit going on in it even though it does not appear to be too much to some. The wind displayed in the movement of that tree is a great help.

I'm trying to remember the picture of the craft that resembles the close up shots you got.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yeah well Tesla made these things long time ago under non disclosure
contrasts like most his devices as he stated in his announcement.
Thats why nothing has been seen of the details.
A lot of the engineering ended up in Germany and is still in private
hands in 1945 New Mexico under Operation Paperclip.
So they are still being made, what the beef.
Figure it out.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

I would like to get some additional info about this incident...did your wife look at my video and compare the sightings? Please let me know...thank you.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
She said it looked just like your video in the beginning when she first saw it. Then it 'wavered' in kinda jolted motions a couple of times, yet kept flying along it's general route getting closer. She temporarily lost sight of it behind the trees. Shortly later, when it came back into view it flew over our house/general area and she said it wasn't flashing/sparkling as much and appeared to be a silent glowing sphere. It kept flying over until out of sight.

Interestingly, on a side note, immediately afterwards a large passenger jet flew extremely close over our house (shaking it in fact) towards Sac Exec Airport. It was after the plane flew over that I was able to go outside but I didn't see anything. We're in the city and they don't fly that close to the ground, even for landings (maybe cleared the trees by 20 or less feet as it roared passed. Thought it was gonna crash!). I wonder if there are any radar contacts and they were flying low because it showed up as a low flying cessna or something directly in their path. Would be interesting to find out though.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

Thank you for the response! Take a look at my video again...pay close attention to the time 1:22 (below). The object turns red and changes shape. I didn't notice this until I reviewed the video on my TV. You can clearly see it on the original tape...

www.youtube.com...

Let me know what you think. Thanks again!

Steven

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join