It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peaceful Protestor Shot by IDF , he dies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
In this video tape , Israeli's ,Palestinians and International protesters are

shouting Raiga in Hebrew (wait) at the IDF . The IDF are wanting to move the fences

further in towards the village to take more land. The protestors are unarmed

only carrying flags.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Wow...

And they wonder why people will kill themselves just to harm israel.

By killing that one man, they probably spawned 10 "terrorists" who where this mans brothers, father, friend, uncle, nephew ect.

This will never end as long as israel is given free reign.

The video is already flagged on youtube, how long until it's pulled?

I cannot wait for the day that Obama tells them to pack up and move back to the land you were given, the rest will now be a Palestinian state!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I used to be pro Israel but now I understand why the Palestinians hate them so much. Those are some brave fools out there protesting!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
And why was deadly force even used?

Why did they shot a man with a real bullet who was not an enemy combatant?

Isn't that illegal internationally?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
carrying flags and metal sheilds..Not the best protesting tools..pretty silly..Maybe the isralies were threatend by not knowing what was behind the sheilds? The wound that man got was a sucking chest wound..You could hear it when he took a breath..

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Why do peaceful protesters have to bring metal shields to shield themselves from real bullets?

This is what Americans give THEIR tax dollars to israel for????

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
A luminous football jersey was not the smartest attire , when confronting trigger happy IDF soldiers .
The Israeli forces were not under fire ..........what a senseless disregard for life .

I wonder , if the one who pulled the trigger , in a moment alone ever considers what he has done , does it haunt him ?

....... probably not , we are capable of justifying just about anything to ourselves sometimes .

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It possibly could have been a rubber bullet that the IDF fires routinely at protestors. At close range they can still kill. They were firing those other things like flash bangs that were for dispersing protesters. That is why I was thinking it may have been a rubber bullet that killed that guy.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
It possibly could have been a rubber bullet that the IDF fires routinely at protestors. At close range they can still kill. They were firing those other things like flash bangs that were for dispersing protesters. That is why I was thinking it may have been a rubber bullet that killed that guy.

They said it was a "high velocity gas grenade" that hit him

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
One tactic that all the Masters of Warfare used to a maximum is the tactic of cover and hide. Another is misdirection.

It works like this, it was used in every war to date. A common tactic was to have a number holding up their hands in surrender, while one or two were just trying to get close enough to bring their weapons to bear.

The Israelis know this, it's an old trick, and you do not let a significant number approach you in distraction, knowing that one or more may be concealing weapons. Everyone's waving signs and flags, which is a good distraction. Everyone's yelling, which adds to the confusion.

Some were stupid enough to get between the fence lines. Now I don't speak Arabic, but the guy in the yellow shirt was doing a lot of yelling, and possibly directing.

You have to be one simple-minded, silly so-and-so to go into a fenced area, encroach on an armed position, and fail to follow instructions to get back.

These guys went out on that fenceline, looking for trouble, and apparently, they got just what they went after.

Personally speaking, when my own enemies came looking for trouble, I hated them to go away disappointed.

You just hate to disappoint some people when they get their minds set on something.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

hmm, i realize your pro idf , but this guy wasn't between the fences , he was on the Pale side

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You'll note that most of the organizers, leaders, and directors will usually stay a bit behind and direct the effort.

I have a strong feeling that the Israelis, many who do speak Arabic, hit exactly who they were shooting at, as the bullet took him high left center.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
You'll note that most of the organizers, leaders, and directors will usually stay a bit behind and direct the effort.

I have a strong feeling that the Israelis, many who do speak Arabic, hit exactly who they were shooting at, as the bullet took him high left center.

So you see the Palestinians as the agressors here ?

You are joking Im assuming.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I have many Israeli friends. And not a one of them agrees with their government pushing into Palestinian lands more and more. They all want a 2 state solution. They want peace. I wonder where the Israeli government gets its ideas of Palestinian persecution? Not from these many people I know. Some soldiers get a "crazy" discharge. In return they are denied acceptance to state universities. Some can overcome this if they choose to participate in non-paid two year non-military service to the state. Not all can afford to work for nothing for two years. By the way, self-inflicted injuries that result in disqualification for military service and "crazy" discharges rates are rising. My best friend's son is just now finishing up two years of unpaid service, teaching music to elementary school children so he can go on and further his music education at a university in Tel Aviv. There could be some hope for Israel if the numbers of these rational Israelis continues to grow. I hope so.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

Here's what I saw.

A bit of a no-man's land.

The protesters had to walk a distance just to reach the fence.

They walked to an Israeli guard post.

They yelled at the Israeli soldiers.

A handful closed in on the guard post.

One man who was leading the group and was hanging back was shot. Right where you'd aim, if you were intending to select this one man out of everyone there.

Odd that they picked him to shoot when others were much closer.

We saw the incident through one lens from one perspective.

You don't engage in a meaningful, peaceful political protest at a single Israeli guard tower, with just a handful of soldiers.

They don't make policy, they don't run the government, and they don't make any big decision.

This was apparently a baited incident, and they pushed too far.

And no, I'm not joking.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

In this video tape , Israeli's ,Palestinians and International protesters are

shouting Raiga in Hebrew (wait) at the IDF . The IDF are wanting to move the fences

further in towards the village to take more land. The protestors are unarmed

only carrying flags.

I'll simplify it for you , there were Israeli's and Pales and International protesters. The "instructions" shouted was Raiga. That means "wait" in

Hebrew. The Israeli's were going to move in fence lines , the protesters were shouting "WAIT".

Its a clear cut murder to everyone except the Soldiers (well who knows )

and you.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Now if you follow the other videos after this one ends theres plenty of vids that have the Pales using slings towards the IDF..Most of the other videos show them egging on the IDF..This was clearly an accidental shot..You cant aim a grenade that far to hit COM that accurately..

Like said above its all about perception..You cant tell me that it the Pales arent getting theres in when the cameras off..

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Dooper , i get the sense that you have witnessed and participated in many things that would haunt your average Joe Public ..

Is it possible for someone who has fashioned himself into an implement of war, to view the world anew .
Not as Military ,ex military etc.......... just as a humble human being .

Has de-sensitisation been the price you have paid for a military career ?

I ask because i often find your posts ....cold , quite informative from a military perspective but ultimately cold and lacking any semblance of compassion.
I don`t share your perspective but i can at least attempt to understand it.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Whatever. If there's a lesson here, it's don't go looking for trouble, don't go in a crowd who's yelling, don't let anyone approach the guard post, and for God's sake, don't be yelling anything toward those who are close to the Israelis, just in case they don't speak Arabic, and misinterpret your words to be words of directing the action.

As a keynote speaker at Special Operations functions periodically, I'm sometimes speaking to men who will be in combat within days and weeks.

I tell them many things that the military doesn't cover, things learned the hard way in combat.

Just one of the things I tell them all is to never, ever let a beligerent get within twenty-five meters of you. Have them stop, have them strip, and if they continue, you drop them.

I tell them to watch the eyes. The eyes will tell you everything you need to know about their intent.

This may seem harsh, but it saves lives as these same young men would later return to tell me specific events.

Now as I stated, we only saw one view.

And even that view is inconclusive as to what precipitated the shot.

And what bothers me the most is that they Israelis had to shoot over the heads of several idiots to select this one person.

That would indicate that they were seeing things behind the camera that we weren't.

And I really, really don't give a damn. As I said, the Israelis were minding their own business. It was the crowd who came looking for a confrontation.

They got it.

End of story.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Well, I wish you luck with your training .

I hope there is no reading involved in your training because it seems to be a

weak area for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join