It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I used to not really believe in conspiracy theories.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I admit that I used to not really believe in conspiracy theories. I just thought that politicians were corrupt. I never really actually believed in them. For instance-- during the Bush years I just thought Bush was a corrupt crook-- I never knew the council on foreign relations was driving his foreign policy. I used to not know to what extent conspiracy theories went to. I used to think that people who believed in the JFK assassination theory were nutjobs. That they had no base. When I grew older I researched a lot of the impressions and conspiracy theories that I have had about politics-- and-- the world in general... and I've basically confirmed a lot of the views that I used to have. They say our government wants to keep the world safe. BS. That's the biggest lie we're told in school. They just do it for power. Our government is not how it's cracked up to be. We're brainwashed in school. And for a long time I only thought that school-- school was honest and I felt that the teachers were honest and only before I began questioning them did I think differently. Does anyone else have a similar experience to this? I used to only WONDER about what's going on behind the scenes but now I feel I have a better understanding and even still I don't think I'll ever fully know what's going on.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yep, and if it wasn't for the sheer fact that your parents came out and told you point blankly that Santa Claus wasn't real, some people may still believe he exists, and would write on blogs wondering were he is.

That's not an offensive comment, just saying it's conspiracy almost in a innocent way telling kids something they truly with all their hearts believe in then saying it's all one big lie. This is how i've started to view the world, since finding ATS, the world is still one big lie, and i'm not really sure what the truth is.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I join your club. I really did not know any better until about 7 months ago.

I forgot why, but I looked something up around Sept of last year, once I looked what ever it was up, that led me to one thing and then another. That is when I also found ATS.

I was dumbfounded when I began to read and look into some of the claims made about things.

How could I have been so stupid for most of my life? I am just glad I took the red pill when I did, as I will be more prepared when the SHTF - and completely goes everywhere!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The Bohemian Grove infiltration by Alex Jones and channel 4 opened my eyes.It just seemed preposterous the stories coming out of there.That grown men would take part in silly occult rituals and sacrifices(of an effigy).The fact it turned out to be true opened my mind to explore alternative view points.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You just came off my foe list!

Even after ~5 years of being skeptical about anything which was supposedly a "truth", I'm still floored sometimes when reading something new.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Ya know its funny. Because there are conspiracies and there are
theories. Alot of times(it seems sometimes)maybe we lump them all
together and then get it mixed up. Then we want to either write them
all off or we have to believe it all. They are two different things. IMO
Example: They conspired to...........rob that bank;
To the prepetrators it is a conspiracy for sure!
To the investigators working on the case it is only a theory.
Some things will be true and some things won't be.
John Wilkes Booth conspired to kill Lincoln. Is it still only a theory?
I dont know, when I learned this it kinda helped make sense
out of it all to me...

Maybe it will help someone. Thanks for your posts!

[edit on 24-4-2009 by dodadoom]

new topics

top topics

join