It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Results: "What do you think of the Obama administration so far?"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The results of our latest poll are in, and with 1,971 votes from ATS members, there appears to be little faith in the Obama administration after the first 100 days.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7953c17f0ed4.jpg[/atsimg]

The largest group, 23%, responded that the "New boss is the same as the old boss," indicating the change platform has so far, fallen flat for conspiracy theorists.

But a sizable number, 20%, also indicated it's too soon to tell, so perhaps they believe things may change for the better.

The big surprise, given the amount of "Obama cheerleading" happing on ATS during the election run-up, is the dismal number (3%) who feel he and his administration are doing a great job. Wow.

Thanks to everyone who participated. A new poll is now running on the board home page, and this time we've opened it up to all visitors.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't agree with your comment about "falling flat for conspiracy theorists"

You must know what we believe, Maybe I don't understand what you are saying.

I don't think it has nothing to do with who is the president, Obama might not even be exactly aware of the powers he is serving.

I see the pie chart for exactly what it is.

HE IS DOING HORRIBLE. "YES WE CAN" is slowly meaning "YES WE CAN do the same exact things as we did before" WHERE IS THE CHANGE?

[edit on 24-4-2009 by sticky] re-edit to change the tone!!

LOL - Nice to argue with the site's owner.. ehhh, well I ain't afriad of anyone obviously

[edit on 24-4-2009 by sticky]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
That is pretty much how I expected the poll to turn out although I thought the "he is doing as good as he can" option might get a few more votes than it did.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the next poll!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Barry Soetoro is fully-aware of his masters. They tell him what to say to the public, and how to make himself appear like he's really in-charge of the government. He's not even our president: Barry Soetoro is a meat-puppet shilling for warlords, bankers, and other influential occultists.

We must not serve the meat-puppets, who pose as our leaders. We must defend ourselves & protect our loved-ones because the world-government & their minions are working against innocent & harmless people, on a daily basis.

Don't let them take your guns, homes, or other things you value.

The Men Behind Obama by Webster Griffin Tarpley (2008)

Google Video Link

Webster Tarpley voices his opinion about Zbigniew Brzezinski, the man pulling the strings of the puppet behind the scenes.
www.gcnlive.com... www.actindependent.org...

Obama Puppet, Elites Controlled The Primaries?

[...] June 06, 2008 - Same Date as Globalist Elite's Meeting!

The plane was stationed at Dulles International, which is less than a 20 minute drive from the Westfields Marriott Hotel in Chantilly, where Henry Kissinger and David Rockefeller, among other globalists, were gathered for the annual Bilderberg Group conference.

The Bilderberg Group made a press release available explaining the agenda for the meeting: "The conference will deal mainly with a nuclear free world, cyber terrorism, Africa, Russia, finance, protectionism, U.S.-European Union relations, Afghanistan and Pakistan, Islam and Iran. Approximately 140 participants will attend, of whom about two-thirds come from Europe and the balance from North America," the release stated. "About one-third is from government and politics, and two-thirds are from finance, industry, labor, education and communications. The meeting is private in order to encourage frank and open discussion."

James A. Johnson was going to be the one who selected Democratic candidate Barack Obama's running mate for the 2008 election and in turn potentially act as kingmaker for America's future President before stepping down after he was outed as an elitest. He was also the "Veep Vetter" for John Kerry's running mate, which Kerry was obviously a set up candidate too.

Johnson is a member of "American Friends of Bilderberg," which is an offshoot Bilderberg front group that has accepted donations from the Ford Foundation to fund Bilderberg meetings where lavish hotels are entirely booked up for three days, by no means an inexpensive feat. The organization is basically a steering committee for the Bilderberg Group - a secretarial outpost through which Bilderberg conferences are organized.

Johnson has also directly attended Bilderberg meetings therefore can be classed as a Bilderberg member. He attended last year's meeting in Istanbul, Turkey and was also on the leaked list of attendies at this years meeting.

As AFP (American Free Press) has reported for years, Bilderberg has been trying since 1992 to "establish a UN tax" which would be used to finance their globalist-oriented programs. Of course, the brunt of this tax would fall on American workers, and it appears this is being spearheaded by Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

On Feb. 14, 2008, an Obama-sponsored bill called the "Global Poverty Act" (S 2433) was referred to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee after passing the House. What this bill would do, in effect, is levy a global tax on the United States where an additional 0.7% of the gross national product would be earmarked to foreign aid (on top of what we already give).

If passed this year, by 2021 the U.S. would be committed to an extra $845 billion in foreign aid. Not only would the United States be under the UN's thumb in regard to taxation, but this bill (part of the globalists' Millennium Development Goal) would also seek to ban certain weapons, establish an international criminal court, push global warming legislation, and promote "biological diversity."

Anyone familiar with Bilderberg sees that all of the above "buzzwords" have been part of their agenda for decades. Assisting Obama in his endeavors are two longtime Council on Foreign Relations members: Sen. Richard Lugar (R-Ind.), who has been called Obama's mentor, and Sen. Joseph Biden (D-Del.). Both have attended secret Bilderberg meetings and have been influential in trying to ratify the UN's Law of the Sea Treaty
(LOST).

One political commentator has stated that this bill "would effectively turn control of seven-tenths of the Earth's surface over to the UN," not to mention surrendering the sovereignty of our seas to them.

Obama's popularity can be attributed to one concept: he stands for "change." But is this the type of change that American citizens really want-to become enslaved by a UN global tax on top of the local, state and federal taxes they already pay? Obama is another political tool whose loyalties lie with those shadowy figures who sit atop the world's control pyramid.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
LOL.
I'm not surprised at the results at all.
Objective opinions are few and far between around here.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think it’s interesting, how divided people are on this issue in ATS polls, but in nationwide polls Obama has pretty high favorable ratings when it comes to all of the issues he’s been dealing with. Makes me wonder why ATS members mainly see things differently. Maybe it’s because large amounts of them believe in NWO and/or the corporatist agenda while many Americans don’t even know about this conspiracy theory?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Does anyone have any faith at all in any of the governments that run our lives?

I don't think it would matter which country we look at or which president/PM we choose, they are all under the thumb of some banker or other form of 'higher up'.

Even when Brown took over from Blair many thought it was going to be better, but we find out it is just another puppet... especially when;

New evidence has surfaced that Gordon Brown is feeling the strains of office, with claims that the Prime Minister recently slung a laser printer to the floor in a fit of pique.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimstad

"Objective opinion" is a contradiction in terms, but I guess I don't know anything anyway since I agree, 'new boss, same as the old boss.'

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Looks about right to me.

Since it let me reply with the first line, can I assume that it wouldn't have gotten a warning?

[edit on 4/24/2009 by Blogstalker]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

LOL.
I'm not surprised at the results at all.

Please enlighten us. Which opinions selected in this poll were objective and which ones weren't. And how did you arrive at your conclusions?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Makes me wonder why ATS members mainly see things differently.

I believe ATS members are truth seekers and truth acknowledgers...that could be the difference.

But still it's puzzling, really, when a recent poll just announced today has Obama at a 63% favorable rating...somehow I find that hard to believe...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

"Objective opinion" is a contradiction in terms, but I guess I don't know anything anyway since I agree, 'new boss, same as the old boss.'

While the dictionary definition of objective does in fact mean the lack of opinion, an opinion arrived at through objective analysis of evidence would be an objective opinion. Do we really want to argue over semantics?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

While the dictionary definition of objective does in fact mean the lack of opinion, an opinion arrived at through objective analysis of evidence would be an objective opinion. Do we really want to argue over semantics?

I don't really think it's semantics when you are confusing two completely opposite things, as you even just admitted yourself. If you have "objective evidence" for an opinion, you don't really have an "opinion." It's that simple to me, and honestly I would worry a little bit if I caught myself chalking up completely opposite things to "semantics."

Basically I don't appreciate the arrogance of your opinion being "objective" but not so for everyone else, when it's a freaking opinion poll. I might ask for the evidence supporting your opinion if I weren't already so dissuaded by what atrocious use of logic I've already seen. I've said my piece though. You obviously make a point of being sure of yourself.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I don't think it'd be such a bad idea to do this poll over again, in say 4 or 5 months. Change is coming and is happening.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

not really surprised by the #1 choice considering how many people were for the Obama Deception movie, which clearly stated, the old boss is looking like the new boss, and i'm also not surprised by the #2 choice because there are plenty of members who state that it's too early to tell in the forums

by the way you spelled happening* wrong in this part:

The big surprise, given the amount of "Obama cheerleading" happing on ATS during the election run-up, is the dismal number (3%) who feel he and his administration are doing a great job. Wow.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The results are not all that surprising in some respects to me. It seems to me that conspiracy theorists are never happy. No matter what he would have done people are going to complain. Period. If he would do X instead of Y then people are going to be not happy. If Y not X then likewise.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

I don't really think it's semantics when you are confusing two completely opposite things, as you even just admitted yourself. If you have "objective evidence" for an opinion, you don't really have an "opinion." It's that simple to me, and honestly I would worry a little bit if I caught myself chalking up completely opposite things to "semantics."

Basically I don't appreciate the arrogance of your opinion being "objective" but not so for everyone else, when it's a freaking opinion poll. I might ask for the evidence supporting your opinion if I weren't already so dissuaded by what atrocious use of logic I've already seen. I've said my piece though. You obviously make a point of being sure of yourself.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by bsbray11]

Well. Apparently we do want to argue se•man•tics [ sə mántiks ]
noun
Definition:
1. study of meaning in language: the study of how meaning in language is created by the use and interrelationships of words, phrases, and sentences

Whereas my statement was very matter of fact, whether it was arrogant or not is your opinion which could be either subjective or objective. The complete opposite of an opinion would be a fact. I never said that my opinion on this particular topic was objective. That was your assumption. And while the fact that I took time to research this reply shows that I am not totally sure of myself, I do like to make sure of my statements before I put them out there for the world to see.
Had I found that I was in fact wrong, I would have apologized.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I voted "New boss, same as the old boss" because I have to yet seen anything new or changed from the "Washington as usual" crowd.

I like the polls, but at the same time, I think there needs to a "None of the Above" option for people who do not like any of the choices.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Interesting, for those that used to scream foul play when ATS comunity used to have such a great numbers bush bashers this is a refreshing change to show that when it comes to politics people are just fed up with politicians regarless from which side they come from, both side gets equal treatment.

Hurray for ATS.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Dude sure is supporting the oil companies flying that big ole jet plane around the world apologizing to all the third world leaders for the past administrations transgressions.

Sure is making the US look like a bunch of wimps now.I really wonder what they really thing of him.

My belief is he is going to be as ineffective as Carter was as a President.

He talks intelligently though better than the last dip wad.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by calcoastseeker]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join