It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4,000 Florida National Guardsmen to be called up for active duty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

4,000 Florida National Guardsmen to be called up for active duty

www.miamiherald.com

More than 4,000 Florida National Guard soldiers, including some 600 from South Florida, are to be called to active duty in the next few months in what is the largest mobilization in state history.

Most of the troops called up will be deployed to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to Guard spokesman Lt. Col Ron Tittle. Others could be assigned to federal security missions in the United States.

''I'm not sure what to expect,'' said Coral Springs resident Ernest Mason, 20, who will leave behind his wife of four months, Camilla, when he heads to a yearlong combat tour in Iraq w
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What is this?

I thought that National Guards would no longer be used for overseas duty???????

What's going on here? This sounds scary man.

Youth Brigades and now this? Is he trying to create a roman empire or something?

National Guardsmen are the first-line of domestic defense for the United States, what are they still doing abroad?

What are state governors doing about this?

www.miamiherald.com

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Extremely freaky. I don't want to say this but it seems like certain things are starting to fall into place regarding all the predicted calamities for this year........... :-/

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

And i'm sure the ones that don't go over seas, will go to fight illegal immigrants sneaking over from the canadian border, hell we may have to move everyone off the mexican border to stop illegal immigration from canada. (Janet Napalotino Rant over)

This is extremely invoking my curiousity. I see pieces falling in place too, I'm just not sure what picture it's going to make....... I'm extremely confused. Well at least he's pulling the troops out, or putting more in it's the same thing really.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

He's not pulling troops out of Iraq as such
He's just expanding the war into the entire middle east

see how they put a positive spin on it?
smart PR team eh?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Great PR team.

I'd find it much easier to just say "Hey guys we lied on the campaign trail, but don't worry I'm still your guy". Then having to spin everything around, he's popularity rating would probably be the same. Although the direction of the country rating would go down. Big Surprise.

Well the Middle East is a violent place, we should definately make it more violent. It's the best option. (Sarcasm)

Does anyone have any idea on what their trying to do here. I mean, I watched Zeitgeist, but it's seeming to go off in some strange direction.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Not sure how to embed the ats media but my new video I just created has something to do with this...

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Its my first video so please take it easy on my skills and enjoy.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It is all spin, they make me sick!

I don't know much about military regulations but that is an large amount of people and guess what....it is only the beginning. Don't worry folks, there will be "military analysis" on CNN, CBS, and all the rest when the time is right with spin straight from the administration to sell sending our kids to kill other peoples kids.

This thing with Afghanistan is going to be a mess, and as noted this so called withdrawal from Iraq in a timely manner never happened.

The only thing that does go through my head over and over again is the way that Obama looked after his first big national security briefing. When I saw him on the news that evening the difference was like day and night, and that was the day that glow left him and those bags started under his eyes.

War us ugly and after all this time man is still not content to live on this planet without killing and maiming each other.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Not sure how to embed the ats media but my new video I just created has something to do with this...

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Its my first video so please take it easy on my skills and enjoy.

Good video, the only thing I didn't like is I really had to strain to hear it, but that may be that the volume on my new laptop is crap.

Hope to see you make even more. I liked it all around.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yep, and wasn't it Obama that ran his campaign saying that he was gonna bring our troops home ?! The other week he asked for 83 billion for the crap over there and now he wants to send more soldiers, to think of how many naive people actually believed that man

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
National guard troops are also being sent from Oregon, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, etc.

And to think people thought he was going to be bringing more people home, when in reality he just changed where he's sending them.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
My parents always told me, "Never believe anything a Presidential Candidate says, or for that matter a politician". (My name is just there, I want to change it but don't know how.)

But for some reason this guy came around, and those life lessons were thrown out the window of a car hit the stop sign and broke to pieces.

Average people still have no idea what he's doing, they follow religiously on the campaign trail, but after the election, they assume he's doing what he said he would do, and thus feel no need to watch the news, newspaper, etc...

Blind people. Absolutely blind. Convincing them that politicans lie is like trying to explain UFO's are real. Frustrating now adays especially.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Um well I'm in the midwest and we have national guard leave for there every so often. In fact my cousins husband, who's in the guards, just left this week to go back to Iraq for his second time. Several people I work with have gone there multiple times. I guess I never knew they weren't suppose to. But they keep calling the different units up to go over every year.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Ah, yes. And then hurricane season begins in Florida and a huge hurricane hits and the Florida National Guard will be unable to properly respond. And then Kanye West will appear on TV and say, "Barack Obama doesn't like old, retired New Yorkers." Naw. Would never happen.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
National guard troops are also being sent from Oregon, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, etc.

And to think people thought he was going to be bringing more people home, when in reality he just changed where he's sending them.

Star you for sir... or is it maam?

So 4000 NGs is an understatement now isn't it?

I am not saying that Obama is hitler
but he's building a massive army during an economic crisis
Hitler was able to take control after alot of hyperinflation

It's still something to keep in mind

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Star you for sir... or is it maam?

So 4000 NGs is an understatement now isn't it?

It's ma'am, and thank you.

And yes, it's a bit of an understatement. National guard troops have been sent overseas for years for various reasons. I seem to remember seeing a list once that showed National Guard troop deployment numbers, but I can't seem to find it now. I did find one from February that shows the current Strength Figures of all the branches though if anyone is interested.

I am not saying that Obama is hitler
but he's building a massive army during an economic crisis
Hitler was able to take control after alot of hyperinflation

It's still something to keep in mind

There are enough similarities between the situations to warrant discussion, not that I think he is a Hitler clone either, but many things currently happening in our country concern me.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Haha I made this video today and then came across this thread. Change huh I doubt it. Enjoy my vid

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Yep, this is change, and if you disagree, you're a terrorist.

Seriously, obama is no different than any of the past few presidents we've had the misfortune of "electing." He isn't going to end the war in the middle east because it isn't what his NWO handlers want. They keep him on a short leash.

TA

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
2 possible reasons for the new deployment: 1.) That TPTB need a rapid response force to move in after Isreal Nukes Iran to take over the oil, and secure uranium enrichment facities. 2.) TPTB don't want local govenors to have any of there own NG troops to repulse Gov't troops in the event of state suscession, Enconomic meltdown, hurricanes, earthquakes, firestorms, floods etc.
The local NG in my town (in Florida) has been gone for 3 years already, and hurricane season is right around the corner.
Also if memory serves the troops were supposed to have been withdrawn by march 31st, 2009. That was a big point that the the new president ran on. Well folks the date has come and gone. The troops are still there. And more are being sent in a cannon fodder by TPTB.

rattles a tin cup ..

got any CHANGE?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

What is this?

I thought that National Guards would no longer be used for overseas duty???????

What's going on here? This sounds scary man.

Youth Brigades and now this? Is he trying to create a roman empire or something?

National Guardsmen are the first-line of domestic defense for the United States, what are they still doing abroad?

What are state governors doing about this?

www.miamiherald.com

You answered the question without even realizing it.
National Guardsmen are the first-line of domestic defense for the United States

Once you get the defence out of the way, you just have police and security and they will be out numbered when civil unrest takes place.

Now peace keepers are required for the US and the US has it's hands full in the ME with a larger more demanding conflict, (Possibly an Iranian accident)

Now what member of the UN has many many military men with no war to go to and own an awful lot of US debt.
You may have Chinese peace keepers in the US before you know it keeping the peace while the troops in the ME have no way to get home.

Either that or a national security force with an inferiority complex who want a power trip.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join