It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The only people covering up the alien presence is you!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

You could have (the secrets of the universe) a truth, but good luck getting anyone to listen.

Im not claiming to know that, but truth is truth and i bet they (the other species) dont hold that knowledge either (the secrets of the universe) . But i defnetly beleive theres much more to technology than light bulbs and computers.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by theflashor]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

I agree with you totally.
My point was, even when the truth of something is staring you right in the face, sometimes people cannot see it.

The best place to hide something is right in front of you.

People think they know what is real and what is not.
They will fight to keep from altering their view.
Sometimes, believe it or not it's painful to them. Emotional pain I mean.
I remember this one scene from "they live" where the main protagonist is attempting to open a fellow human beings eyes to the truth. It is over dramatized of coarse and taken very literally, but the point is the same.
People will fight to keep their own micro reality intact. Regardless of the truth. all the person had to do in the scene was put on a pair of sunglasses to see the truth. A knock down drag out fight ensued, that really drives home the fact.

My friend, sometimes there is no helping people.
Sad really.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I think in large part it's the historical view of the government and military of the role of the "other". For a long time, anyone could become a US citizen, and no country in the world, really, was America's natural enemy. After WWII, that changed.

As far as the reality of contact, if you consider that contact has been a part of some cultures for centuries, each of them declining and falling, so to speak, the present day conclusions may have been that public involvement is not in the national interest. According to their reasons, to include the public would be to travel down the same path of decline, in which case, they would do the opposite.

Another possibility is that the intelligences themselves are non-anthropoid.
The impact on the status quo of culture, religion, social interraction, education, technology - every thing we take for granted as normality - it could well have been assessed as too disruptive.

Why care about the laws of mankind when there are other planets that are just as advanced as you are (even more) who may not even have, for example, a legal system or law enforcement?

Who would the government be to say: no, you can't negotiate with them to migrate to their planet? In a few years you come back with superior weapons to take over the world? I don't think so.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by undermind
I think in large part it's the historical view of the government and military of the role of the "other". For a long time, anyone could become a US citizen, and no country in the world, really, was America's natural enemy. After WWII, that changed.

As far as the reality of contact, if you consider that contact has been a part of some cultures for centuries, each of them declining and falling, so to speak, the present day conclusions may have been that public involvement is not in the national interest.

Who would the government be to say: no, you can't negotiate with them to migrate to their planet? In a few years you come back with superior weapons to take over the world? I don't think so.

Taking over the world can be better phrased as "uniting the world".

The purpose of wars in the seeking of unity is the breaking of boundaries, allowing trade and cultures to mix.

Currently the internet is what is uniting the world.
Military and war is only occurring in nations that are not united -- by internet or otherwise.
Though I must agree that there is this strange desire amongst some people used to the military mode of unification that have turned to terrorizing their own nations as an excuse to keep funding their soldiers (america (9/11 blamed on arabs), england(subway bombings blamed on arabs), russia(bombings blamed on Chechnya) amongst others).

In short unifying the world is already in progress. Only we with you can "take over the world" through seeking greater unity.
Though neurons are a hierarchical structure (parts combining to form wholes), there is no "top leader neuron" in the brain -- we with you are a network.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hi lowki, Welcome to here,

So far there has been no official disclosure. Why not?

In my view, considering the historical context of the last century - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Jim Jones, Bundy, gang warfare, drug warfare, people trafficking, ongoing war in the ME, Caucescu, Mugabe, the Kennedy assassination group, arms traffickers, and straight out terrorist organizations like the Tamil Tigers, and the list goes on. - I think there's a possibility that the assessment has been:If we disclosed, How could we stop individuals and organizations from gaining access to this super-advanced technology, and using it for potentially massive destructive purposes?

Perhaps not in the first few years, but eventually. As soon as the government admitted ET, those people would go crazy trying to get their hands on the gear. It'd become a matter of survival. Get the good stuff because unless you do, the other guy is going to. These gangsters and murderers would realize that in a second. Again who is the US to gatekeep? Mugabe was an excellent scholar, Jim Jones did a lot of work for the poor, Hitler was quite a good artist. If they're going to stop artists, scholars, religious from contact with ET after they've admitted that they themselves already have such contact? After disclosure, contact would be - well, normal. Who was Hitler? A corporal. Who was Mao? He worked in a bookshop.

Average joes.

Perhaps some non-earth intelligences don't distinguish, or the idea of war and killing is nonsensical to them, not even dreamed of on their world for millenia upon millenia. The very notion of conflict may not be in their thoughts or vocabulary, but it's in OUR vocabulary.

Perhaps there's measures could be put in place, but they'd be got round somehow. Look how many countries have nuclear weapons.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by undermind]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by undermind
Hi lowki, Welcome to here,

So far there has been no official disclosure. Why not?

Many countries have disclosed UFO footage, England, Mexico, France, among others.
Though I believe anyone can make an "official" statement, and so people have "officially" been disclosing lots of things: anti-gravity, zero-point energy.

If we disclosed, How could we stop individuals and organizations from gaining access to this super-advanced technology, and using it for potentially massive destructive purposes?

Hitler had flying saucers haneubu and vril. what good did that do him?
during the war they just flew about and the allies called them "foo fighters".
Admittedly when the American navy attempted to destroy Hitler's "last stand" in Antarctica they were utterly overwhelmed by flying saucers shooting fire (dragons), which forced them to turn back early and never return.

Perhaps not in the first few years, but eventually. As soon as the government admitted ET, those people would go crazy trying to get their hands on the gear. It'd become a matter of survival. Get the good stuff because unless you do, the other guy is going to. These gangsters and murderers would realize that in a second. Again who is the US to gatekeep?

What gate is it exactly keeping? Most technologies I've seen requested on this ATS forum have been common knowledge on the internet -- though not accepted by main stream scientists who prefer to think "inside the box".

Scientists that make great things in America probably just get shut up by the government -- just like when the CIA made a contract with a man from England that made a car run on water, he died of food poisoning the next day. The government is not protecting you or the people, it is protecting it's own military from you and the people.

Perhaps some non-earth intelligences don't distinguish, or the idea of war and killing is nonsensical to them, not even dreamed of on their world for millenia upon millenia. The very notion of conflict may not be in their thoughts or vocabulary, but it's in OUR vocabulary.

Destruction and killing is really a part of eating. On Earth however killing has been disassociated from eating -- perhaps deriving from the cargo cult belief in animal or human sacrifices to the gods/aliens.

Perhaps there's measures could be put in place, but they'd be got round somehow. Look how many countries have nuclear weapons.
[edit on 4-5-2009 by undermind]

Yea, well there are many technologies that don't go boom.
Most technologies have civil applications.
"Measures" put in place the problem rather than the solution -- as it stops technology from advancing (the government military removes anyone that invents something above the measure of main-stream science).
If you hire killing machines (soldiers), they see everything as an object that should be killed -- like the hammer sees every problem as a nail.
In Canada scientists have more freedom, as the military only gets about 1.1% of the GDP -- much of which goes to university tuition fees.

Oh well, by the law of confusion, this planet is allowed to exist as it does.
When I came here 2,800 years ago I was a very confused person.
Coming here probably was an indication that I was vibrating at similar frequencies.
Now I think I'm better, well at least I'm happy, aware, loving, and free.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join