It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I blame the Romans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Christianity is nothing but a tool for social control and it may well be the biggest disaster to have happened to the human race.

There are a few Christians who are worried about the NWO which will try imposing a new religion on everyone, this new religion is supposed to be some kind of super faith with all the current religions somehow amalgamated together.

The joke here is that it already happened, the Romans did it some time after they kicked the Jews out of the holy land. its called Christianity.

Have you noticed how the god of the Old Testament is very tribal and often evil and really biased towards the Jews, seriously if this is the god who created everything then why has he got such a hard on for the Jews?

In the New Testament seems like a different god (well ok having a kid mellows people)
The star of this section of the book is Christ (who may have been god or at lest god's son or something else, Christians have never been able to make their minds up about that) whatever the case you would think that such an entity would leave some kind of trace, you might think he would poop rainbows and gold nuggets but apart from the bible there is no evidence for his existence.

There is however a long list of other god men with similar characteristics to Christ, Mithra been the main example.

So basically the Romans created a new religion, which included something for the Jews (who where scattered throughout the empire by this time) and something for the Mithra (and similar) worshipers. It continued to add other things over time, Christmas and Easter been good examples.

Why do you think the early church went to so much trouble, killing and torturing people if the truth where on their side, do you think you would resist if a bunch of bureaucrats tried to impose a “made up” religion on you?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Ha, you don't really need to point out Christianity, try Islam, try anything else.

The only religion that really befuddles me is Hinduism, because of the sheer fact of how long ago it really was. Christianity came about after tons of other religions had come and gone.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Ha, you don't really need to point out Christianity, try Islam, try anything else.

The only religion that really befuddles me is Hinduism, because of the sheer fact of how long ago it really was. Christianity came about after tons of other religions had come and gone.

Well yes the Koran is just a disco re-mix of the bible – so my guess is mohamed knew what Christianity was and had a go at making his own version.

What I know about Hinduism you could write on the back of a stamp, however I did find this

www.religioustolerance.org...
Which looks at the similarities between Christ and Krishna

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cathedral

Christianity is not about Jesus Christ - it is about people who have founded the church falsely.

If you would like to follow Jesus, please join me. If not, you lose.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Its not about jesus its about jesus?
What are you trying to say?

i would like some proof that jesus was real, since everything I have seen so far leads me to obvious conclusion that it was all made up.

Jesus the Christ is just another in a long line of sun gods

Check this out
www.jesusneverexisted.com...

In my opinion someone having a kind of religious lobotomy and following a very poor lie is a loser

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cathedral

The Myth Lives goes into some detail for the historical existence of jesus in This thread here.

Working strictly off of my knowledge of Jesus' story and the Roman adoption of the guy, the Romans pretty much decided instead of worshiping a brown guy, to supplant a accurate image with one of the current deities, something that became common practice with Christianity.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Hi thanks for the link, I have seen a few very good threads about the Jesus myth.

In this thread I would like to look at how Christianity is a fusion of Judaism and the sun god cults, the same kind of fusion I see Christians worrying about the NWO imposing at some future data
Also what the effect was of creating then imposing this fabricated religion on the world.

There are two untruths that Christians often use

1 the early spread of Christianity was not forced on people (history tells a different tale about this)
2 the world would fall apart without Christian morality – its my opinion that the morality we enjoy only came about when the power of the church (Christian domination) was final broken.

The church was in charge of Europe for 1000 years, a period called the dark ages, a time when nothing happen unless it was for the glory of god (and the church) no science and no social improvements.

If fact we still see Christians today trying to drag us back to the dark ages when they try and defend the bible with the evolution/creationism debates or the dehumanisation of homosexuals

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
There is a difference between the religion of Jesus and the religion about Jesus.

The religion of Jesus is about following in the example of Jesus and doing what he says. I look at his life as being the truth, the way and so forth, and I view his death as a murder, a sacrifice of the truth so that the lie of this world may live.

The religion about Jesus are those who praise Jesus, do things in his name, but then don't do as he says. They praise Jesus and then do things like war and such, rather than living as Jesus. They give good lip service, but their hearts and such are pretty far away.

What you will always point out as bad is the religion about Jesus. And that includes the church, Romans, half of the new testament and so forth. These make up the majority of "Christians" today, because as you pointed out, they pretty much killed and forced anyone who didn't agree with their view/way.

These are generally people who take the bible "literally", say it is the "word of god" and so forth. But I am in no way trying to say this is true of all, because there are always exceptions to the rule, especially among the good hearted who by inherit nature do good things. I think these people do them in spite of, not because of, but that's another topic.

But, Christianity is a "new" religion since the time of Jesus. With it's "new" testament. It is in his name. It is did gain much power politically. It does have a long history of wars and doing many "works" in the name of god and Jesus, but are obvious sins(as they killed and broke commandments doing it), and killed those who didn't go along. And that is everything Christians

And if you look in the bible you will find that it basically comes down to those who follow Jesus(those who belong to the religion "of" Jesus), or if you follow Paul. Paul's writings make up nearly half the NT, and he praises Jesus a lot, but then he twists and manipulates what Jesus said and did. Big contradictions between Jesus and Paul.

Personally, I think it rather odd a man shows up after Jesus is dead, comes up with an obviously fake story about changing his ways - 3 different versions in acts, and claims a very physical experience in each, and none of them even follow what the bible says will happen. And then this man goes on and appeals to the Romans and makes up the writings for half of the "new" religion?

And if Jesus was real or not doesn't even matter. What is real for sure, and what you can know for sure is the understanding and such that he gives is real. And it is.

Either way it's a story, and to argue if Jesus is real or not is to me like arguing over if the matrix is real or not. If you want to argue over if Neo is real, and if the machines are real or not, then you missed the point of the movie. What is "real" about the matrix movie is the understanding it gives about society today. And that is also the same kind of understanding Jesus gives and gave back then. That is why he speaks in parables and such alot.

But personally, I don't really find it that hard to believe that a man back then had such understandings and did such things. If not Jesus, then obviously the writers of the story did actually understand those things. And I understand those things, so that is what matters.

If someone proved to me Jesus is not literally real, it would have the same effect as someone proving to me that Neo from the matrix is real. None.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You are correct, that the Romans corrupted the Christ's message and truth, with a great apostasy, but Jesus said that would happen, and it did. After all the apostles died, things started to go downhill. Eventually with Constantine(306-337)[Council of Nicaea 325] & Theodosius(379 to 395) they did it, that carried on to the
Holy Roman Empire
962 – 1806 AD
With Constantine it was if you can't beat them, join them and control them.
Christianity was spreading fast at this point, it was uncontainable, and throwing Christians to the lions, wasn't working, it made them martyr's.
So they got inside and corrupted them, and blended in pagan ideology doctrine and dogma that many in Christianity believe to this day.
Why do think the Roman Catholics didn't want people to read the bible at one time?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

new topics

top topics

join