It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna Catch UFOs on Video? Tennessee knows how.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
O.K. guys and gals, I have finished up my work and finally have time to start our experiment. The first problem I have encountered is my camera and my lack of computational knowledge.

I have a Sony Handycam Vision - Model #CCD-TRV318 - It takes a mini-tape to record. My problem is I don't know how to get the video onto the ineternet from tape. Can any of you guys help me out with this?

Was curious:

esupport.sony.com...

site has instructions how to transfer to computer, then

www.any-video-converter.com...

seems to look good. I run Linux, so I can't give you an opinion.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Some laptops and computers have a video input installed. Look for an RCA jack under a flap on a laptop or on the back of your computer near the monitor plug. If you have one there odds are your computer is set up to do the conversion already. It will be a pain in the butt at first but once you get the hang of it you're a free man!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It works the same with pictures. You take a picture when the sun is JUST covered by something and you can get pictures of "UFO's".

I read a thread about it a year or two ago that explained it.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

lol,can you tell me exactly how to block the Sun with my camera?I am not to smart with optics.

Placing your camera on a tripod so that it is pointed in the direction of the sun but also so the edge of a building or other object just covers the sun works for many people. Check out the sample videos on page 1 of this thread and you will see how others are doing it.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Just a quick update.

I finally have the time to video tape a bit of the sky and the day is overcast. Hopefully this evening, before sunset, I can get a bit of footage in time to take it to the local photo shop for transfer.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MyLina

Did you say diamonds?
Hope this helps.......
S-Aricraft.pdf

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I remember reading these instructions about 7 years ago. The information was given in the context of recording "rods". I specifically remember the instructions saying to leave the eaves of the home or a something else in frame to act as a reference. I do not recall the instructions I read saying to point the camera AT the sun.

edit: I forgot to add that I tried this and didn't capture anything at all on film except an airliner.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by samkam]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It looks like another day and another opportunity for this experiment is going to get dereailed because of weather. It is extremely overcast right now, here in East Tennessee.

Hopefully later in the week it will clear up and afford an opportunity to film. I hope some of you guys out there are able to get some footage and post it here soon. Thanks,

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by samkam

Yeah, you don't want to point the camera at the sun directly. You want to point it in the direction of the sun but have an object blocking the sun out of the cameras view.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
All the way to Sundat now and the weather is still crap.

We are under flash flood warnings and it doesn't look like it is going to let up any time soon, at least not enough to get any clear footage.

This is becoming a wait and see game to try and get some good footage for us to pick apart.

Hopefully sometime in the next few days I can get this project rolling a bit faster, before I have to start a new job. (I do hardwood flooring and can't take too long or I'll start losing jobs!)

I'll keep you all updated and I'll be looking for your attempts to get some footage; I hope you post it. I hope some or all of you get involved with this experiment. Thanks.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Yea, I live in TN also, the weather has been bad, it is clearing up though. I will try to see what I can do.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

It has been like a week and a half since there has been even a remotely clear day here in East Tennessee. Yesterday was nice, but I had to work late.

Hopefully I'll be able to get started today.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
if your gonna make one of these vids hang a ribbon or similar to show the wind direction i`m betting thay go the same way

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I live in Maryland outside DC and on a clear day withought gazing off the glare and you can see THOUSANDS of these. After reading this thread today I went outside and did the glare thing and its almost as if its raining them. They litterally look like rain in the glare. I came to the conclusion they are insects of some sort. I can understand why some people think they are or some look like "alien crafts" the way some move is almost IMPOSSIBLE speeds. They really just wiz around and interact with each other. I know this because one was actuallt maybe 10 feet above me. I raised my hand and mimiced its motions and it was getting closer like it was interested but could not touch me or the ground. When another wizzed by then got close to it they would circle each other and you could tell they were "interacting" then they would go their seperate ways. At least the other one did. the main one kept chillin right above me. I made it obvious that I recognized its presence. And they dissapear or at least I couldnt see it when it went under any shadow of the trees and my house. Its skinny and long from what I could make of it

[edit on 21-5-2009 by SKIN-E]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SKIN-E

That's awesome.

Maybe you should try and get a video and post it. I was off for about a week and a half and it rained the entire time. The exact day that I go back to work the skies are clearer than they have been in months, but I have no time to film.

Hopefully I can do some this coming weekend.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

no bull I should. I broke at the moment and my cellphone obviously isnt good enough. And theyr not regular bugs its true you can only see shen in the glare of the sun. hundreds could be right in front of you and you would never know

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hello All,

Just updating the fact that I haven't had anytime off work to film anything. Been working seven days a week trying to stay in business, it's looking pretty good so far. I just picked up a contract to put custom tile and hardwood in 30 new-build townhomes. This should keep me eating for a while.

I found this video while looking around the www. It is an awesome video, I think. It appears that the sun is being blocked out, inadvertantly, and a UFO is seen traveling through the atmosphere.

Video of Possible UFO

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Video link said "access denied"..

I have not had a chance either, but if I get one I will.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join