It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna Catch UFOs on Video? Tennessee knows how.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites
I saw this explanation in the comments:

"Sun reflecting from orbital satellites, people. crickey. ignorance is a real burden on our society".

Is that possible perhaps???

thats why a cloudless sky is needed to view these things.

funny how all those ufo's travel in a straight line, along known orbital trajectories.

remember kids: satellites are very shiny.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb

Interesting theory. I've never seen examples of satellites being imaged by commercial grade cameras during the day and was not aware that it was possible. Could you provide the source for this information?

any backyard astronomer will easily see the similarity in speed and direction to satellites seen at night, to the 'ufo's seen only when the sky is cloudless and the sun is just right (around 45 degrees and below to the horizon)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
the next time the opportunity presents itself, use the method to 'reveal' the ufo's in the sky, and compare your sighting with known orbital objects tracked in realtime here:

REAL TIME SATELLITE TRACKING

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites
But here's the catch, I'm almost 100% sure its not under 50 feet!!
So that brings me back to John Bro objects, I'm almost positive they are at least a few hundred feet up in the sky.

And if thats true then these objects are travelling at great speeds

The shuttle in the picture is 20 feet from the camera. It's a model shuttle. Now you failed estimating the distance of a 2+ meter tall object, how in the heck are you estimating the distance for those tiny dots you see on the videos?

img113.imageshack.us...

[edit on 27-4-2009 by daniel_g]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

The reason I’m asking for a source is because I have yet to see any references of recording satellites during the day with commercial grade camcorders and even at night this can be a challenge with all but the brightest satellites. I would be very interested to see how this is being done in the day when the S/N ratio is so much lower.

I have seen a couple of examples of astronomers using large (10 inch +) telescopes with powerful astronomical cameras attached to image large objects such as MIR and the ISS when the sun is just rising or going below the horizon.

I do have a couple of other questions about your theory. I am a backyard astronomer. I have several telescopes including this 13.1 inch Newton reflector. It is an unusually large telescope for an amateur astronomer but despite its substantial resolution and optical magnifications above 650X, satellites viewed through it appear only as a point source of light. However, many of the objects in the example videos recorded by commercial grade cameras traveling in a strait line across the entire field of view have varying angular sizes. How do you account for this?

Also, many of the objects are described as moving as though under intelligent control. Since satellites only travel in strait lines they cannot account for many of the objects in question. Do you have an explanation for this?

Since we cannot determine the speed at which the objects are moving the only comparison that I can make between the motion of the objects and satellites is that they are traveling in a strait line while in the field of view of the camera.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
Also, many of the objects are described as moving as though under intelligent control.

You have to remember that moving in a strait line is considered by some people as moving under intelligent control.

But I agree, this does not look like satellites.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'll do everyone here a favor and post this video:

www.youtube.com...

Please watch in high quality.
Seems like I have some unwanted visitors in my room flying at 10,000mph

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel_g
I'll do everyone here a favor and post this video:

www.youtube.com...

Please watch in high quality.
Seems like I have some unwanted visitors in my room flying at 10,000mph

That was very quickly towards the end, did not look the same as John Bro videos.

However, I grant you it might be dust, so I ask if you can duplicate John Bro "objects", and try to make it a dozen or so, not just one

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
In Middle Tennesse, USA a man claimed to know how to film and see UFOs in the broad daylight. He told this to a news crew... then proceeded to prove it!

Get your camera, point it at the sun and then block out the sun. The news crew did this and captured a dozen UFOs in the span of only 20 minutes. I think I'll try this, maybe you should too.

Here is the coverage:

www.youtube.com...

Part 2:

www.youtube.com...

Money Makers. I'm familiar with the first object displayed, and it doesn't behave like shown. I live in Middle Tennessee.

That object shown (admittedly, I didn't view the whole series) seems to appear near certain roadways at certain times. It materializes, then goes up into the atmosphere and disappears.

Yes, I've seen it and believe it's real, but the video is somewhat touched up.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
picasaweb.google.com...

Here's a personal photo, and yes that's my ugly mug.
It was made in Cross Keys, Tennessee on Easter Sunday of 2009.

Within the upper right area, is the object I believe this post is about.
Feel free to comment.
No, I'm not single...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eyecatching

That picture reminds me of one of those real old photos from like the '20s. Except for the phone on you side, the cars in the driveway, and the power lines, also some of the materials you wear, you have a very traditional photo.

Seriously though, that is awesome in the corner there. Can't tell what it is, but, depending on it's distance from the camera it could be anything really.

Great photo!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

That picture reminds me of one of those real old photos from like the '20s. Except for the phone on you side, the cars in the driveway, and the power lines, also some of the materials you wear, you have a very traditional photo.

Seriously though, that is awesome in the corner there. Can't tell what it is, but, depending on it's distance from the camera it could be anything really.

Great photo!

Although, typical claim here: I've seen this object mirror my travel via I840, on the way to Franklin, TN.

For about 30 seconds, the object was about 20 feet from me, traveling at approximately 65 mph. Appeared out of nowhere, then went into the sky at about, I'm guessing, 20 mach. No sound barrier breech. Just went away, fast.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It seems like people all over the world are seeing UFOs.

It really seems like there are a lot of quality sightings in Tennessee though. I would love to see an object like you described, shooting off at mach 20. Unbelieveable.

It makes me wonder how many UFOs are really out there that people just don't notice, because they aren't looking up, or are pre-occupied, or just don't have that train of thought. I bet they are everywhere, literally everywhere at any given time.

I also think that the more mainstream this topic becomes more people are going to become pro-active. UFOlogy is looking up.

When people quit trying to hoax things for fame and money or simply attention I think we will see a turn for the better in these studies. I mean if people would just be patient and be observant they will see something unexplainable sooner or later. If they present this stuff, some will call them hoaxers, but others will take it for what it is and eventually we will have some very real things to check out - much like your photo and sighting. You get an A for that story and photo. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
O.K. guys and gals, I have finished up my work and finally have time to start our experiment. The first problem I have encountered is my camera and my lack of computational knowledge.

I have a Sony Handycam Vision - Model #CCD-TRV318 - It takes a mini-tape to record. My problem is I don't know how to get the video onto the ineternet from tape. Can any of you guys help me out with this?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You might have to take it to a Photo Shop, brick and mortar type,
to place the video on a compatible internet form like wmv might
still be acceptable to youtube.

From the disk to internet you need the upload from a computer.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

So, basically, I film what I need, take it to a photo shop, and have them put it on an SD card or something like that to upload onto my computer?

That isn't too much extra to do. Just drop it off and I guess they'll do the rest.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

So, basically, I film what I need, take it to a photo shop, and have them put it on an SD card or something like that to upload onto my computer?

That isn't too much extra to do. Just drop it off and I guess they'll do the rest.

Thanks!

All my youtube (3) videos were tape to computer and I had a video card
for the first two that went noisy during slide show of UFO photos and
with a new computer that records from video tape I had to change
formats so much it was a poor lecture board of a Tesla coil action.
www.youtube.com...
My Channel

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I am going to record some footage and give it a try (photo shop conversion) and see how it turns out when I upload it. Hopefully it will be of decent quality.

I was hoping we would have more videos uploaded here by now from people in a lot of different places. Oh well, I am going to try the Oak Ridge area tomorrow - maybe I'll get some cool things to check out.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Whatever you do, please do not use YouTube or the ATS Media Portal, the compression they use changes completely the videos, and both resize the video to fit their predefined format.

Use something like steekR, it's free and, although the player resizes the video, it lets you download the originaly uploaded files, that can be shared with everyone.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

lol,can you tell me exactly how to block the Sun with my camera?I am not to smart with optics.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join