It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna Catch UFOs on Video? Tennessee knows how.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
In Middle Tennesse, USA a man claimed to know how to film and see UFOs in the broad daylight. He told this to a news crew... then proceeded to prove it!

Get your camera, point it at the sun and then block out the sun. The news crew did this and captured a dozen UFOs in the span of only 20 minutes. I think I'll try this, maybe you should too.

Here is the coverage:

www.youtube.com...

Part 2:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This is interesting somebody needs to get a camera and recreate it, i would if i had a camera decent enough or a camera at all

ATS members! most people here live for this kinda stuff who will recreate it and post the footage here so we can have a 8 page debunkers VS believers debate?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

I have a decent camera, but it uses tape to record and I have none. I'll get one tonight and try it tomorrow if I have the time. If not maybe the next day. I hope some other people give it a try so we have footage from different locations from around the world.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
thats awesome, all i need now is a camcorder

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I find it interesting that they're all moving in the exact same direction at similar speeds. Possibly wind borne particles? That's what it looks like to me at least. Since he's filming this pointing at the sun but with the sun blocked by the edge of the house. Also it's stated that you need a clear day for this. Sounds to me that the sun is causing refraction in small particulate matter in the air.

Not saying this is 100% what's happening, but it sounds plausible to me at least.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Intriguing, they certainly are UFOs. I think I will try this over the weekend. I would love to know if someone can explain this phenomenon, the airborne particle idea seems good.
They seem to go behind the tree so maybe it's a well captured meteor storm, perhaps blocking out the sunlight effects the way the camera works?? Boggled.
Edit: No tails so meteor is out I guess??

[edit on 24-4-2009 by and14263]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I had read about this a few years back and even made a small recording
which I didn't see anything on it
yet my friend when I emailed it to him said he saw some stuff
If anyone wants to check it out for them self I'll see if I can upload it

I had a link saved from when I was reading about it
It's called the John Bro Technique

Here's a page that has more images
www.skymonsters.com...

there was one page I can't find in my bookmarks that used to have diagrams and such on where to put a camera and such.

seems the media didn't go in trying again

media.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4/24/2009 by EvilBat]

[edit on 4/24/2009 by EvilBat]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hypntick
I find it interesting that they're all moving in the exact same direction at similar speeds. Possibly wind borne particles? That's what it looks like to me at least. Since he's filming this pointing at the sun but with the sun blocked by the edge of the house. Also it's stated that you need a clear day for this. Sounds to me that the sun is causing refraction in small particulate matter in the air.

Not saying this is 100% what's happening, but it sounds plausible to me at least.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for this to be the smoking gun, but I agree with Hypntick.

-E-

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

Don't get me wrong, I would love for this to be the smoking gun, but I agree with Hypntick.

-E-

I am a non skeptic, but I also agree with these statements. Those videos don't show anything intelligent in the object's movements.

It made a good news story for sure.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I live in TN and am going to my backyard right now to try this with my sonycam. Be back soon

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Well I just went out back and taped for 10 minutes on my Sony handycam and just reviewed the recording. Nothing but a couple of birds.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
I had read about this a few years back and even made a small recording
which I didn't see anything on it
yet my friend when I emailed it to him said he saw some stuff
If anyone wants to check it out for them self I'll see if I can upload it
It's called the John Bro Technique
media.abovetopsecret.com...

Dude I saw something in your vid though too. The thing that catches my eye about it is that once at 0:04 in the left middle of the picture and a few times later. The one comes from left and not even a seconde after it is where I saw it first it was on the other side of the picture. Take a real close look at it, you'll see it too! There's more than one though, and the are all coming from different directions, and going in different directions too.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
Well I just went out back and taped for 10 minutes on my Sony handycam and just reviewed the recording. Nothing but a couple of birds.

Great work Bachrk
one question please would you of had your cameras Zoomed in ?

What if its just Space Junk.
By blocking the sun out you now get a reflection from the Sun on an object that is less brighter than the sun,now you can see them(space Junk) because it is now the brightest object?

My thoughts.
Zelong.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Some years ago I tried this "solar obliteration technique", as someone called it, and I got something on a photo.

After looking to the sky for some minutes I understood what it was, it was a small feather from the pigeons that were on the top of the building in which I live.

All other cases of "UFOs" photographed or filmed with this "technique" look like small object floating in the wind.

But there is a way of knowing if these things are close or far away. By using two cameras pointing to a specific point in the air we can know at what distance the objects are if we know the angle between the cameras.

Apparently, nobody has tried this, I wonder why.

PS: I can not try this for myself, I had to return the camera that I have been using to its owner.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
You gotta watch out when you're doing this so you don't point the camera directly at the sun and end up with a lot of toasted CCD pixels. It may not be as common as it was before, but it used to be a good way to completely ruin your camera.

Otherwise, you get a lot of little flying seed pods, insects and other bits of fluff that look more impressive than they are because they're all illuminated by sunshine. It's shocking how much of that stuff is floating around.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

It may be a great idea to try this techinique you type of. If you could elaborate a bit more on how you st up the two different cameras I will try this.

I also have a couple of other ideas which may help out this little project, though it may take a week or so to put together (I have to wait 'til my broseph is off work to use his cam.) I think using a screen (like on a storm door or standard home window screen) and overlapping it will block enough sun from the camera lens to keep from damageing(?) anything. Then I am going to take an instrument, used by an optometrist (eye doctor) to cover one eye while allowing the other to focus, and block out the sun from the cameras eye. When the sun is blocked out I am going to remove the overlapped screen so the view will be unobstructed, other than the eye tool. Hopefully this will work and give a good perspective of the scene being filmed.

Coupling this technique with the second camera strategy may help define what may, or may not be captured by this experiment.

Also, I live in East Tennessee not far from Oak Ridge National Laboratories, where several sightings have been made. I will try to take some footage from there as well as some of the TVA dams in the area, where other sightings have been made in the past. One more location I am going to try this technique at is in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park at Clingman's Dome, an observatory that is the second highest peak in the state of Tennessee at 6,543ft.

Hopefully using these different sites will lend evidence to whatever is or isn't being captured. Maybe we can use this as a starting point for this project. I hope people from all over the world attempt something like this, even if it is simply taking your camera to your back yard and cover the sun there and filming.

It will take a while to get all these locations filmed, working around my modernized slave schedule, so I will post each taping independently and then hopefully compile them on one post as well.

We''ll see what happens for better or worse, until death do... wait a minute let's not go that far.

link   
reply to post by ArMaP

It may be a great idea to try this techinique you type of. If you could elaborate a bit more on how you st up the two different cameras I will try this.

I also have a couple of other ideas which may help out this little project, though it may take a week or so to put together (I have to wait 'til my broseph is off work to use his cam.) I think using a screen (like on a storm door or standard home window screen) and overlapping it will block enough sun from the camera lens to keep from damageing(?) anything. Then I am going to take an instrument, used by an optometrist (eye doctor) to cover one eye while allowing the other to focus, and block out the sun from the cameras eye. When the sun is blocked out I am going to remove the overlapped screen so the view will be unobstructed, other than the eye tool. Hopefully this will work and give a good perspective of the scene being filmed.

Coupling this technique with the second camera strategy may help define what may, or may not be captured by this experiment.

Also, I live in East Tennessee not far from Oak Ridge National Laboratories, where several sightings have been made. I will try to take some footage from there as well as some of the TVA dams in the area, where other sightings have been made in the past. One more location I am going to try this technique at is in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park at Clingman's Dome, an observatory that is the second highest peak in the state of Tennessee at 6,543ft.

Hopefully using these different sites will lend evidence to whatever is or isn't being captured. Maybe we can use this as a starting point for this project. I hope people from all over the world attempt something like this, even if it is simply taking your camera to your back yard and cover the sun there and filming.

It will take a while to get all these locations filmed, working around my modernized slave schedule, so I will post each taping independently and then hopefully compile them on one post as well.

We''ll see what happens for better or worse, until death do... wait a minute let's not go that far.

link   
Double post!!!! Sorry

[edit on 24-4-2009 by esteay812]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I thought the same thing, the first thing that popped into my mind was what date was this filmed? It could of been during a meteor shower, they dont always peak at night, thats why some years we miss out on a good nightime show. I cant say for sure it may not be, but if we knew the date of when the news crew footage was filmed we could at least rule that out.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Thats a reall intresting post my friends stars for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join