It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prying Eyes - carnovour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Email is basically sent through the internet unencypted .... etc... anyone can just view your stuff.... now if you dont want a computer reading your Email.... just write what you want to send on a white board or something take a picture of it and attach it to a email as a picture... no words - just graphics... helpful hint - to hinder Prying Eyes.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
i like it! except Gmail wont let you send photos
unless its an attachment.

this is a nice idea

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
Email is basically sent through the internet unencypted .... etc... anyone can just view your stuff.... now if you dont want a computer reading your Email.... just write what you want to send on a white board or something take a picture of it and attach it to a email as a picture... no words - just graphics... helpful hint - to hinder Prying Eyes.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by BornPatriot]

www.hushmail.com simple as that

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Prying Eyes???

Excuse me? How low have we gone to stay in hiding for a simple thing as our opinion?

I don't mind any Big Brother eyes, why not? Maybe because I have seen that INSIDE is much more closer to the true you (or me) then OUTSIDE.

People wil make up their opinions based on what they SEE much too often .. know how silly THAT is??

[edit on 4/24/2009 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
the more decisions we hand over to computers the less humane our species will be... we can be truely barberic and we can be refined... computers will always be logical and single thought minded. because whereas your mind can process in 3D, and can do 1,000's of functions at the same time, a computer is well single minded. and logical to a human could be extremly hazardous to the human... if a computer is to decide wheather or not to fund your heart operation will always consider the financial side of the problem greater weight than the moral side which are limited too by the programmer into the program. not a mind but a cold non human machine that runs on numbers. just how humane are computers ... accurate yes, humane no ...

Big Brother is the machine... the machine relys on computers... we rely on Big Brother and he has done just about everything possible to make sure there in not a single self suffiecient town in America.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This idea simply won't work reliably. All they have to do is use a technique called Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to read the text. OCR can take a photo image of text and convert it into characters that a computer can read. It is more difficult to do this, and Carnivore probably isn't doing it yet - but you are taking unnecessary risks if you rely on this for protection.

The best advice? Watch what you say. Freely express your opinion, but don't say things about killing, revolution, violence, etc. If you say "the government sucks", it won't cause a reaction. Otherwise I'd be long gone by now. But if you espouse criminal acts, you could easily find yourself in deep trouble over it. Your joke might not be so funny to the guys who come to kick down your door. They usually don't have much sense of humor.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

That sounds like with the computer-age dies the humane and the individuality ....

Machines are machines, people are people .... but machines are made by people they only READ what one puts IN it

reply to post by chiron613

Gee I don't watch my words too much! I would turn into a total skitzo if I would do that. Luckily I encounter people on the web with lots of humor

What would life be without that?

The only revolution I want to talk about is the INNER revolution / evolution of mankind.

top topics

join