It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lazar Tape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I recently rented this from the library. The whole King County library system has an amazing collection of videos from all different genres. I rented The Lazar Tape aswell as Alien Interview. Both were pretty cool in their own right.

Anyways, has anybody seen The Lazar Tape? What do you guys think about him? I already know he's a liar and for the mostpart a fraud, but does anybody believe him?

The tape itself is pretty convincing, but that might be due to the fact I am simply a laymen on the subject. He comes off as an intelligent person, which he no doubt actually is and sounds like he knows what he is talking about.

Also, has anybody else watched "The Alien Interview" video? I'm sure we've all seen the video itself on the internet, but the whole documentary about the video is there. The hidden guy, the Area 51 informant seems very fake. I don't know why, though, just does. Apprantly he's the guy who called into C2CAM one time.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Bob Lazar is a fraud. Nothing about his stated history adds up, which kills any credibility he may have. Read the below article by Stanton Friedman for a brief summary of just why he is not to be believed.

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I've read that page before, but do you think it's possible he's a disinformation agent? Or just a fraud.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Lazar? Well, he's certainly a fraud that is spreading disinformation. I don't know if he's being given a paycheck by the government for lying, but he's certainly earned some dough with his lies in any case. I'm sure the government loves guys like Lazar who further confuse the truth on this subject.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Lazar? Well, he's certainly a fraud that is spreading disinformation. I don't know if he's being given a paycheck by the government for lying, but he's certainly earned some dough with his lies in any case. I'm sure the government loves guys like Lazar who further confuse the truth on this subject.

Well put.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Maybe not completely though... Some texts from him, dated 1989 and 1990 stated that the 115 element, now created, has its melting point at 1740�C. It is known now that it is 1740�C, precisely.

Curious, at least.

Here is one of the topics that covers the story.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
Maybe not completely though... Some texts from him, dated 1989 and 1990 stated that the 115 element, now created, has its melting point at 1740�C. It is known now that it is 1740�C, precisely.

Curious, at least.

Here is one of the topics that covers the story.

hmm, interesting. but perhaps just a freaky coincidence.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Coincidence??? I'm not clever enough to guess the boiling point temperature of an element to be discovered in 2014 or 2016!!

Here is another link where you can find this and other interesting stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I was never convinced that this guy was all clean or all reliable, but after some time, everything he said turned out to be realistic, and if not precise acceptable on the excuse of bad knowledge of that time (1989).

It sounds realistic...

Everyone thinks for their own, and I'm not going to try to convince anyone, but in the absence of proof, we should be open-minded to his theories/stories. And if he was badly discredited, well, some other persons have been, and more reliable ones at first. So why not?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Stanton is dead on. He's probably one of the best parts of the UFO communities sane side.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well, while Lazar may be lying about the UFO stuff, he is a knowledgeable scientist. So knowing that a theoretical element 115 would have a certain melting point doesn't necessarily mean he had firsthand knowledge of it, just theoreticla knowledge.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince

Not really surpirsing. You see, scientists have estimates of how these elements will behave and what properties they will have many years before they actually create them in the labs:
www.webelements.com...

All he would have to do is look up the information. No biggie.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Ah, I see. Very good information from you guys. I received good responses. Is he even a scientist though? And didn't some company he says he worked for claim they haven't heard of him, but George Knapp found old papers that stated Lazars name as a current employee?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ess Why Kay
Ah, I see. Very good information from you guys. I received good responses. Is he even a scientist though? And didn't some company he says he worked for claim they haven't heard of him, but George Knapp found old papers that stated Lazars name as a current employee?

I phrased that poorly. AFAIK, he only worked at the places he claimed for a week, according to pay records. Far too shrot a time frame to do everything he says he did. However, he does seem to have a working knowledge of science.

Anyway, you wouldn't need to be a genius to figure out a theoretical melting point of an element. You could get a ballpark figure out of any high-end chemistry textbook, and maybe he just got real lucky.

But anyway, that one fact doesn't give credit to his entire story, which jsut falls apart more and more as time goes on. He doesn't even like talking about it, sicne he has had trouble finding a job ever since he became known as "That UFO Guy." Lies come back to bite you in the ass in the end.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
well Soon www.boblazar.com

I have watched it several times on Discovery Science... he passed the liedetector test when he was talking about ..how.. they (Space ships) was built.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cardu
well Soon www.boblazar.com

I have watched it several times on Discovery Science... he passed the liedetector test when he was talking about ..how.. they (Space ships) was built.

Indeed, but there's a reason why lie detector tests arent allowed as admissible evidence in court.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Is there any proof that he was/is lying?

What has he stated that has been proven wrong?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthCanHurt

He said he has degrees or something from MIT, but he doesn't. He lied about everything. Nobody takes him serious.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Just like to point out
Scientists that predict undiscovered elements / uncreated elements can only predict to a degree...
You get some random variations and things as well so it's not actually that easily predictable.. in terms of physical properties.. chemical properties can be predicted fine

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Another pointer
115 has since been created and found to have a 'normal' heavy-element halflife
It lives for millionths of a second.. No way to accumulate 500 pounds of it

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthCanHurt

Refer to the link Heelstone posted near the top of this thread. Stanton Friedman investigated Lazar's bouckround and found it full of holes.

new topics

top topics

join