It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photographic evidence that at least one moon mission is fake!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

No, Kimosabe....not in 1969.

There were only four unmanned robotic landings on the Moon, beginning in 1966. Two Russians (Luna 9 and Luna 13) and two American (Surveyor 1 and Surveyor 3). They all landed in the 'Ocean of Storms' reagion of the Moon, not the 'Sea of Tranquility' where the reflector is set-up.

Apollo 12 was actually accurate enough to land very close to Surveyor 3. They returned to Earth with the camera from the lander.

These four landers were designed to take pictures, study the radiation levels, and determine the composition of the Lunar soil. (There were some theories that there would be a very deep layer of dust to swallow up anything landing....totally debunked).

NONE of these landers had the capability to somehow manipulate and align the reflector to focus it toward the Earth!!!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Ohl, I see you edited while I was typing! Ay, Carumba!

Of the four unmanned landers I mentioned above, NONE were designed to lift off and return to Earth.

It required a pretty powerful computer to look for, collect, bag, transport, stow and fly the samples back to Earth. That very powerful computer? The gray matter between the Astronaut's ears.

So, again tell me. What is being mis-reprented here?!?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

AND NO!!! The samples were not 'collected' by unmanned probes and returned to Earth! Wanna make that claim, then find a reference to the missions involved.

You haven't done very much research into this area; that much is obvious.

Unmanned probes have returned lunar regolith to earth, the concept has precedent - see Luna 24:

Luna 24 (Ye-8-5M series) was an unmanned space mission of the Luna program, also called Lunik 24. The last of the Luna series of spacecraft, the mission of the Luna 24 probe was the third Soviet mission to retrieve Lunar regolith.

The probe landed in the area known as Mare Crisium. The mission successfully returned 170 grams of lunar samples to the Earth on 22 August 1976.

More info on Luna 24 here:

www.zarya.info...

Cheers!!

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Yes.....your point??

1976? Big deal, that! Oh, and Luna 24 brought back 170 grams. AND the Russians shared some of it with NASA!!!!

Try checking your research!

edit:

The Russians obtained a whopping 101 grams from Luna 16, in 1970. (Note again, AFTER Apollo 11 and 12)

"Analysis of the dark basalt material indicated a close resemblance to soil recovered by the American Apollo 12 mission" source: Wiki

Luna 20 obtained a grand total of 55 grams

So, total booty for the Russians is 326 grams!!! (That would 'weigh' just over 54 grams, on the Moon).

[edit on 5/3/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

NONE of these landers had the capability to somehow manipulate and align the reflector to focus it toward the Earth!!!

You are wrong again... I see a pattern emerging

No matter.

Please familiarize yourself with soviet probe Luna Ye-8:

"Scientific instruments included a soil mechanics tester, solar X-ray experiment, an astrophotometer to measure visible and UV light levels, a magnetometer deployed in front of the rover on the end of a 2.5 m boom, a radiometer, a photodetector (Rubin-1) for laser detection experiments, and a French-supplied laser corner-reflector. Lunokhod was designed to operate through three lunar days (three earth months) but greatly exceeded this in operation. "

(Source:www.astronautix.com...)

Cheers!!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

"The Russians, Brits, and even us. Have you ever seen the leaders of the countries go to war with one another? This may not seem on topic but it will come around. I'm not talking old republics, but since space flight. Have you ever seen one leader of another country have a fight with another leader from a different country. Two men with only the fists on their bodies?"

So ALL the Russians, Brits and US scientists are under the control of the government? And NONE of them spoke out in all those years? Perhaps they were all killed in June 1969 and replaced with doppelgangers? Or, no, the robotics industry made a great leap forward in 1968 and they were replaced with animatronics. That would tie Disney in nicely.

Sheesh.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

Here is a link to a site that describes and explains how a false moon landing could be orchestrated and conducted, right here on earth:

Apollo Reality - Courtesy of the folks at thelivingmoon

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by FX44rice

Here is a link to a site that describes and explains how a false moon landing could be orchestrated and conducted, right here on earth:

Apollo Reality - Courtesy of the folks at thelivingmoon

I like the way he sited his sources on all those, erm, speculations. Unsupported assertions are simply rumors.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Your reply came only two minutes after I linked to the site....

*You could not have possibly reviewed it in it's entirety - this immediately discredits your attack on it's author.

Please take the time to review the rest of thelivingmoon site, it is a comprehensive collection of data that takes weeks to read though.

Cheers!!!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Gawdzilla

Your reply came only two minutes after I linked to the site....

*You could not have possibly reviewed it in it's entirety - this immediately discredits your attack on it's author.

Please take the time to review the rest of thelivingmoon site, it is a comprehensive collection of data that takes weeks to read though.

Cheers!!!

Please take time to read through the data on the Apollo Program. It takes YEARS to read through. (And to think it's all created out of whole cloth.)

In other words, my time can be spent more constructively reading a site supporting the existence of the tooth fairy.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yeah that site was bullocks. I didn't read all the stuff but enough to notice how there was plenty of assumptions and claims but no evidence at all to support those.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Well....was rudely interrupted by computer malfunction.

Per your OWN link, regarding the YE-8 Soviet Lander....if you had read the entire article you'd seen that the Launch failed....19 Feb 1969...and the spacecraft was destroyed when the booster exploded at liftoff.

Keep trying!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I can only speak for myself, but thelivingmoon has already been reviewed by many of us here at ATS. It is mostly baloney.

Try badastronomy.com

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

In other words, my time can be spent more constructively reading a site supporting the existence of the tooth fairy.

That is doubtful - But thanks for admitting that you did not even bother to review the site your are attacking.

You should peruse the site, it has a great deal of information and images pertaining to the various training and simulation system that were utilized in preparation for the Apollo missions - you'd know this if you visited the site.

Thelivingmoon is also an excellent place to find information and images from the various space programs around the world. Check it out too.

Cheers Friend!!!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I can only speak for myself, but thelivingmoon has already been reviewed by many of us here at ATS. It is mostly baloney.

More misrepresentation....

Do you consider official images and links to official sources on that site to be 'baloney'?

*When I use the word 'information' I do so purposefully - I do not use it to reference the 'opinions' and 'speculation' that are also present on that site.

Nice try though.

Cheers!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1That is doubtful - But thanks for admitting that you did not even bother to review the site your are attacking.

All it takes is a functional BS filter. Get one, they're "expensive", but worth it.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

thelivingmoon...intending no offense to zorgon, an ATS member in good standing who is associated with that site. But, John Lear, Richard Hoagland and giant 'soul catchers' ion the Moon. A breathable atmosphere, a yellow sky and gravity that is 64% of Earth normal...THESE are just a few of the outrageous claims.

They do a fun job, but it's like the 'Flat Earth Society'....or the "Onion", or Mad Magazine. One should always have a large dose of salt handy.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

All it takes is a functional BS filter. Get one, they're "expensive", but worth it.

You did not even bother to review the site...

You did not even have the chance to apply your "functional BS filter" to the contents therein.

*At least you admit your refusal to exert any sort of intellectual rigour - that goes to your credibility. Honesty+1

Cheers!!!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

*At least you admit your refusal to exert any sort of intellectual rigour - that goes to your credibility. Honesty+1

Cheers!!!

When you hear the same claims repeated verbatim, why delve deeper? They were trash the first time I saw them, they're trash now. That's where the BS filter helps. I recommend them.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

You must have missed this portion of the post you are replying to:

"When I use the word 'information' I do so purposefully - I do not use it to reference the 'opinions' and 'speculation' that are also present on that site."

*I have already proven you wrong about the laser reflector and demonstrated an example of regolith being returned via unmanned probe - You should apologize for your earlier behavior now that you know those things I mentioned are indeed possible; as evidenced by the precedents cited in the related posts made by myself.

There is no need to attack someone for speculating as I do - especially when that speculation is accompanied by information that you were hitherto completely ignorant of.

Cheers!!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join