It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Turner predicts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wow, this is one of the more ridiculous statements I've heard. Congratulations to TT for winning the stupid oscar.

First of all, do you think all the farmers suddenly decided to lose their farms and eat their families? Get real, pleeeeaaassse.

We live in a service society. People grow food to sell it. People who eat food work to make a living. People who carry food in trucks need jobs. Show me one way how this could all collapse, and I'll show you the Donner party. If you recall the history of the Donner party, people don't like to eat people. It's not their first, or even sometimes their last, choice. Most would rather die.

If every American were to cut 1200 calories out of their daily diet, their weight would normalize. I don't see a problem with a food shortage. It could save thousands of lives, arrest diabetes, reduce aging and age-related diseases, and so forth. Pretty tough to argue about food shortages when you have an obese society. There are more restaurants than any other kind of store.

Money drives this economy, and any disturbance in that flow will get the immediate attention of the government to find some kind of acceptable solution. Stop kidding yourself. You just went through the biggest economic hiccup in a hundred years or more. There has never been a time in the history of any country where more money was used to rescue an economy. How'd ya like it? You are a survivor, and the worst is behind you now. Stop, take a big cleansing breath, and move forward with your head high and your attitude smiling and sociable. Stop killing your families, employers, lawyers, real estate agents, and so forth and get back to work so you can buy that new car and give your home a new makeover.

Good luck and God bless you in your new year.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Jim Scott]

<< 1  2   >>

join