It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credible UFO Quotes by prominent individuals.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

Karl, just throwing random UFO stories into the circle doesn't advance anybody's understanding.

Correct me if I'm wrong Jimbo but I did think this thread was all about showing just how seriously many high ranking and prominent individuals take the UFO/OVNI subject.

If statements taken from government documents (like in this book) or individuals involved in cases like the 1968 Minot Air Force base incident, the 1975 Carlos Montiel Pilot incident etc.. (and a great many other cases you run for the hills from) upset you so much then there's not much I can do about it.

BTW are you seriously suggesting you and your CSICOP buddies are all about 'advancing the understanding' of the UFO subject in an objective and sincere fashion?

originally posted by: JimOberg

But now that you're here, back on topic, do YOU believe Cooper encountered a UFO on his Mercury-9 space flight in 1963?

Rest assured if I did research the claims and had an opinion on it you'd be the first to know (I would of course post it in the relevant thread and not derail a whole 2 pages of another one) - seems to me you make some pretty fair points though.

Also find it quite amusing that you of all people are actually asking a direct question about a UFO case!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

This is an excellent thread, Karl 12. I think these quotes paint a very clear picture of the serious nature of this phenomenon.
It is a shame your thread hasn't garnered the attention and positive feedback that it deserves.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Afdcs

Appreciate the kind words Afdcs and amongst others I'd say one of the most interesting characters involved in these statements was the Pentagon's Al Chop who was once described as 'one of the last honest men' -apparently he was initially skeptical about the UFO subject but gradually came around to accepting their existence based upon his "ringside seat ability to review highly intriguing military reports about strange flying objects with apparent intelligence behind their control".

"You must remember that I was privy to the project files. These contained hundreds of official reports of UFO encounters made by military personnel from all branches of the service. They were all classified with a high degree of security classification. Almost all of these made pretty scary reading from the verbatim descriptions of the pilots concerned"

Albert M. Chop, Air Force UFO Public Information Officer at the Pentagon

The Chop Clearance List.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

So you are saying military witnesses especially astronauts are considered unreliable witnesses?

Your words not mine , military witnesses including astronauts are just people like you or I , they are subject to the same influences and misjudgments as you or I.

So his credibility is similar to any other military witness?

You seem tho think that because Gordon Cooper was highly qualified and decorated we should not question what he said even when there is no supporting evidence or backup witness testimony to their claim , that position makes no sense to me.

Show me supporting evidence to back his claims not qualifications.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

You seem tho think that because Gordon Cooper was highly qualified and decorated we should not question what he said even when there is no supporting evidence or backup witness testimony to their claim , that position makes no sense to me. Show me supporting evidence to back his claims not qualifications.

Worse, investigations by "pro-UFO" researchers James McDonald and Brad Sparks demolished Cooper's account of the Edwards AFB 1957 'UFO landing', but their reports are suppressed within the UFO community [who "can't handle the truth"?]. You've got to wonder how many other inconvenient research results on 'classic cases' are similarly concealed.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join