It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credible UFO Quotes by prominent individuals.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yves Sillard:

“I think that the Americans practice on the subject much higher efforts of investigation than those of any other country, they practice a deliberated policy and had deliberately orchestrated misinformation. It is total misinformation. What for? Is it the fear to see their supremacy challenged if one day they face a much more advanced external civilization? Is it their concern of keeping potential technological assets to themselves? Or . . . or any other explanation, who knows?”

GEIPAN Director Yves Sillard, former Assistant Secretary General for Environmental and Scientific Affairs for NATO

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Lieutenant Colonel in the Swedish Air Force discusses UFOs - December 1975 (sourced by RealTVUFOs).

In connection with the observation of three cigar shaped objects over Gislavid on 5 August (six witnesses), Lieutenant Colonel Sten Dalborg, Halmstad Air Force Base, made the following statement to Jönköpings-Posten: ‘We have discussed this very much because we made many unexplained observations and observed strange things on the radar. It is much we don't have explanations for yet. We do not know if it is extraterrestrial visitors.’

Sten Dalborg further said that he has met enough people who are convinced they have seen objects they can not identify. For instance, a majority of Air Force pilots have seen cigar shaped objects in the skies. No one knows what these objects are, either.”

Lieutenant Colonel Sten Dalborg, Swedish Air Force

PDF File

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Sten Dalborg further said that he has met enough people who are convinced they have seen objects they can not identify.

Stating the obvious?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkuzzleButt
reply to post by JimOberg

Hang on a minute, if you have done all this hard work looking into Cooper for 30 years, why are you going around asking me for the information??? like i said earlier you will know more than anyone else.

You have done all this research, for that length of time, and yet you come at me asking to provide information? wtf?? yet you knew all the answers already? Are you out on here to start fights or something?

What exactly were you expecting? me to have interviewed these people? why? instead of confronting me looking for trouble, why didn't you just tell us all first what you know?

you cant come on here and expect such things, i posted a single video about Cooper, then you complain about me ignoring the research?

and you still fail to provide your research now

so please,

why don't you tell us all why this case is so damaging to Coopers reputation? so then maybe we can discard this quote and move on?

i did not ignore anything, you say my only retort? what are you on about.

My posting my own research would have zero influence on your assessment of the case, because you've decided I'm a biased and unreliable investigator. I was hoping you would be able to find the other two investigators -- both experienced ufologists with a decidedly 'pro' outlook -- whose results dovetailed with my own.

Here they are:

James McDonald investigated the Edwards story for his testimony to Congress in 1968, and found no landing gear, no landing, and no Cooper. His prepared testimony is here
www.ufoevidence.org...
and the report is “Case 41” on page 44. McDonald refers to interviewing “a third person who states that he inspected the prints in company with the two Askania operators and darkroom personnel” and some writers have interpreted this to be Cooper in disguise – but cameraman Bittick [who was at that review] is clear he didn’t even know Cooper was on base, and in 1967-8 there was no chance McDonald was ever going to be allowed to interview a Mercury astronaut about some pre-NASA UFO story.

UFO investigator Brad Sparks interviewed witnesses and demolished Cooper’s 'landing' claim, and his claimed connection with the Edwards case at all. NICAP report, 2009:
www.nicap.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing the quotes.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Sten Dalborg further said that he has met enough people who are convinced they have seen objects they can not identify.

Stating the obvious?

Yup pretty much - thought I'd pop it on there though.

Following on from Yves Sillard's comment at the top of the page about the U.S. practising higher efforts of UFO investigation than any other country (and engaging in deliberately orchestrated misinformation) also thought this was an interesting statement from Colonel Julio Vucetich (director of DIFAA) who criticizes 'those who mock the seriousness of the UFO issue' and also mentions the 'most advanced' are France, Italy and Spain - have you ever heard anything to back this up?

Speaking to elcomercio.pe, the director of the Difaa, Colonel Julio Vucetich, criticized those who mock the seriousness of the issue and stressed that the department may conduct joint with similar entities in other countries so that in Peru there was substantiated information.

In which countries in the region have similar departments?

For example, in Chile with the Committee for the Study of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena (CEFAA), the Study Commission of the UFO Phenomenon (Cefora) in Argentina, the Commission of Inquiry into Allegations Recipient and Unidentified Flying Objects (CRIDOVNI) of Uruguay. We're going interconnecting bilateral meetings to exchange information and have coordination meetings. The most advanced are the Europeans, France, Italy and Spain.

Link

ATS Thread

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Dr. Anthony Choy (founder of OIFAA) discussing the Chulucanas incident:

History Channel interview Dr. Anthony Choy, founding member of OIFAA, Ufo Office of the Peruvian Air Force, about "The Chulucanas Incident" first Ufo Official Case of Perú.

The Chulucanas, Peru UFO incident

Here he is also explaining how in 2004 their computers containing classified UFO records were all stolen.

“It is well known that there are classified documents that are hidden and Anthony Choy confirms it, however he regretted the theft of important material in 2004. "All had been stolen, then I understood that it was all a fraud, or that formed an office as a sort of screen to the public but at another level we were investigating, we were there".

One Example of How UFO Disclosure is Also Controlled

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I find Gordon Cooper to be quite accurate in his assessment of the UFO situation and alien contact.

I do not find Jim Oberg to be the least bit accurate in his assessment.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa
I find Gordon Cooper to be quite accurate in his assessment of the UFO situation and alien contact.

Your choice. Now please explain why you reject the research of the sainted James McDonald and the dogged Brad Sparks, both heroes of the pro-UFO pantheon?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, explain why you do or do not believe Cooper's claim he saved the space shuttle from a lethal design flaw by relaying to NASA friends a telepathic warning from space aliens?

www.jamesoberg.com...
edit on 1-6-2015 by JimOberg because: add

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Here are some of the threads boys - go for it.

Gordon Cooper: Revisited

No "greys" for astronaut Gordon Cooper!

Gordon Cooper Astronaut Comes Forward

Astronaut Gordon Cooper's UFO encounter and Government deniability

Gordon cooper comes clean on UFOs

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
UFO case involving RAF Wing Commander Alan Turner (MBE).

"It was so unusual. People just looked at it and said, "What is going on?" We're talking 30, 35 aircraft. No Air Defense Commander in his right mind would get the entire Lightning force in one location. He'd have absolutely nothing left with which to defend the United Kingdom Air Defense region. You could cut the air with a knife. It became electric rapidly. People were -- more than surprised"...

“What I saw defied all logic and was, quite frankly, extraordinary. It wasn’t just me, more than 30 pairs of eyes of RAF staff and radar operators at Heathrow Airport witnessed the same thing. I instantly knew this wasn’t a convoy of military planes -the only craft with that rate of climb were supersonic lightning aircraft but they wouldn’t have been able to hold such a perfect formation".

35 Air / Ground Radar UFOs detected over Sopley in 1971 Confirmed by Wing Cmdr Alan Turner

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

What was that for -- of course the original stuff echoes forever on the Internet. Does that make any of it true?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I think them bantering back and forth is good for thread views, all the while you can continue to educate the unsuspecting skeptic with more good quotes = )

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

Your choice. Now please explain why you reject the research of the sainted James McDonald and the dogged Brad Sparks, both heroes of the pro-UFO pantheon?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, explain why you do or do not believe Cooper's claim he saved the space shuttle from a lethal design flaw by relaying to NASA friends a telepathic warning from space aliens?

www.jamesoberg.com...

I have been very courteous in answering your questions, mr. oberg, I find that only polite.
But you have not extended that same courtesy to me, I'm afraid. Most of the questions I have asked of you have gone ignored, especially when I feel a salient point has been made.
Nothing personal intended, sometimes it is difficult to respond to everybody, I understand that.
Hopefully at some point you can find time for my questions.

I will simply say this; Col. Gordon Cooper was a great American hero, the kind they don't make anymore.

Colonel Cooper was an aerospace engineer, test pilot, United States Air Force pilot, and one of seven original astronauts in Project Mercury, the first manned space program of the United States.

He was the last American to be launched alone to conduct an entirely solo orbital mission.
In 1965, Cooper flew as Command Pilot of Gemini 5 on an eight-day, 120-orbit mission with Pete Conrad. The two astronauts established a new space endurance record by traveling a distance of 3,312,993 miles (5,331,745 km) in 190 hours and 56 minutes, showing that astronauts could survive in space for the length of time necessary to go from the Earth to the Moon and back.

Cooper was the first astronaut to make a second orbital flight and later served as backup Command Pilot for Gemini 12.

Here is an incomplete list of the honors and awards Col. Cooper received:

Air Force Master Astronaut badge

Legion of Merit

Distinguished Flying Cross with cluster

NASA Distinguished Service Medal

NASA Exceptional Service Medal

American Campaign Medal

World War II Victory Medal

Army of Occupation Medal with GERMANY Clasp

National Defense Service Medal with one star

Air Force Longevity Service Award
with four clusters

The Collier Trophy,

the Harmon Trophy,

the DeMolay Legion of Honor,

the John F. Kennedy Trophy,

the Iven C. Kincheloe Award,

the Air Force Association Trophy,

the John J. Montgomery Award,

the General Thomas D. White Trophy,

the University of Hawaii Regents Medal,

the Columbus Medal,

and the Silver Antelope Award.

He was a Master Mason (member of Carbondale Lodge # 82 in Carbondale, Colorado), and was given the honorary 33rd Degree by the Scottish Rite Masonic body.

The Gordon Cooper Technology Center in Shawnee, Oklahoma is named after Cooper.

Cooper was inducted into the International Space Hall of Fame in 1981.

Gordon Cooper was inducted into the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame on May 11, 1990.

Wow. That is an American hero. He's not around to defend himself now, or his positions on alien contact and UFOs.
Surely you must admit Gordon Cooper is a great hero, mr. oberg?
That is why it troubles me every time you attempt to discredit him.

And this is not the first time you have gone after Col. Cooper, is it?
Far from it.
Isn't it true that you have attempted to discredit Col. Cooper more than a dozen times?
In fact, haven't you even gone so far as to post threads regarding his failed financial investments, which are completely unrelated to his UFO position?
Am I incorrect in any way on that? I don't want to say anything that isn't true.

I have no trouble believing what Col. Gordon Cooper has said about UFOs and alien contact.
In fact, from the first hand alien contact I have experienced, I can tell you Col. Cooper is pretty much right on the money.

I cannot say the same for mr. oberg's writing on UFOs and alien contact.
No offense intended, of course.

When it comes to UFOs and aliens, mr. Oberg, you and Col. Gordon Cooper are truly worlds apart.

edit on 2-6-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I have been very courteous in answering your questions, mr. oberg, I find that only polite.
But you have not extended that same courtesy to me, I'm afraid. Most of the questions I have asked of you have gone ignored, especially when I feel a salient point has been made.
Nothing personal intended, sometimes it is difficult to respond to everybody, I understand that.

please repeat the questions you still have.

Let me know which of my answers in the past, you believed, and which of my reports on famous space-related UFO stories you have accepted.

I have raised questions about the credibility of many stories Cooper told in later years, after he was dropped from command of a lunar landing mission soon after Apollo-11 and then was discretely eased out of the astronaut program under a situation NASA didn’t want publicized, to protect its reputation and his ‘hero’ public status. Sadly, this façade led directly to the lamentable series of aviation investment projects which Cooper was talked into endorsing, and those endorsements were then imprudently accepted by many people in the aerospace community as stand-alone adequate proof of the viability of the projects – which turned out to be scams [NOT by Cooper himself] in which literally millions of dollars of savings and local community budgets were lost. It was that naïve hero-worship-fuelled public trust that deserves criticism, not Cooper’s own foolishness [he lost all his money too]. It is the same mindset that you so proudly cling to -- lucky for you, you never got the chance to put your money where your mouth was.

Maybe you have no trouble believing a telepathic warning from space aliens led to discovery of, and repair of, a major flaw in the space shuttle crew cabin design, but my approach was to determine if any such flaw even existed and was fixed, regardless of the source of the discovery. I talked to the engineers involved and examined the engineering records of the period, there was no evidence of this fabled flaw’s existence.

My main question was to ask you how the Edwards 1957 story investigations by James McDonald and Brad Sparks could be reconciled with Cooper’s dramatic narratives of his being in charge of the photographers and of seeing clear film of a UFO deploying landing gear and coming to rest on the ground – details that Sparks and McDonald documented as never having happened. Your response was simple: you pretended the Sparks and McDonald research had never happened.

edit on 2-6-2015 by JimOberg because: punctuation

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

please repeat the questions you still have.

Let me know which of my answers in the past, you believed, and which of my reports on famous space-related UFO stories you have accepted.

I have raised questions about the credibility of many stories Cooper told in later years, after he was dropped from command of a lunar landing mission soon after Apollo-11 and then was discretely eased out of the astronaut program under a situation NASA didn’t want publicized, to protect its reputation and his ‘hero’ public status. Sadly, this façade led directly to the lamentable series of aviation investment projects which Cooper was talked into endorsing, and those endorsements were then imprudently accepted by many people in the aerospace community as stand-alone adequate proof of the viability of the projects – which turned out to be scams [NOT by Cooper himself] in which literally millions of dollars of savings and local community budgets were lost. It was that naïve hero-worship-fuelled public trust that deserves criticism, not Cooper’s own foolishness [he lost all his money too]. It is the same mindset that you so proudly cling to -- lucky for you, you never got the chance to put your money where your mouth was.

Maybe you have no trouble believing a telepathic warning from space aliens led to discovery of, and repair of, a major flaw in the space shuttle crew cabin design, but my approach was to determine if any such flaw even existed and was fixed, regardless of the source of the discovery. I talked to the engineers involved and examined the engineering records of the period, there was no evidence of this fabled flaw’s existence.

My main question was to ask you how the Edwards 1957 story investigations by James McDonald and Brad Sparks could be reconciled with Cooper’s dramatic narratives of his being in charge of the photographers and of seeing clear film of a UFO deploying landing gear and coming to rest on the ground – details that Sparks and McDonald documented as never having happened. Your response was simple: you pretended the Sparks and McDonald research had never happened.

I simply cannot participate in your ghoulish character assassination of an American hero.

What you've posted above is offensive beyond anything I have seen on ATS. It's loathsome.

It doesn't paint you in a good light, to say the least.

And what is truly sad is that you do this all for nothing.
Col. Cooper was right about aliens, and all your execrable attacks are an attempt to bolster a false position.
Nothing you say about this great American astronaut will make aliens go away.
No matter how low you go, Cooper will still be right, and you will still be wrong.

I stood face to face with aliens. Not booster rockets. Not satellite re-entries. Not figments of a failed eyewitness identification. Aliens are here.

All your efforts to debunk, to deny, to explain away, and especially to drag dead heroes through the mud, will be for nothing.
All your work will earn you is a spot next to Phil Klass.

Your attacks on Gordon Cooper remind me of what Joseph Welch said to Joe McCarthy:

Mr. Welch: Let us not assassinate this lad further, Senator.

Senator McCarthy: Let's, let's --

Mr. Welch: You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

Under the circumstances, that's the best approach to an 'answer' you could have taken.

No offense taken. The facts have you boxed into a corner. It was your only way out.

Everybody following this thread can learn all they need to from it.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Under the circumstances, that's the best approach to an 'answer' you could have taken.

No offense taken. The facts have you boxed into a corner. It was your only way out.

Yes, those pesky facts. Like the fact that aliens have abducted my family for decades, while you attack dead astronauts.

You work against the truth on this topic, and anyone who has seen a UFO for themselves knows this.

Your work will stand alongside the work of dedicated debunker Phil Klass, where it will likely be covered in a thick coat of dust, and serve as a cautionary tale.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I learned you're dismissing alien presence, not only on this thread.

You're wrong. Period.

Yes, there are hoaxes.

Yes, there are misinterpretations.

Yes, there are a general 'lack' of physic evidence (emphasis on quotes).

And there are, also, geniune, real, physical alien contact.

And the US government (the part that exists to deal with it) is fully aware of it.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackHill

I learned you're dismissing alien presence, not only on this thread.

You're wrong. Period.

Sorry it's not clear, I've said again and again it is impossible to disprove alien presence. There are NO reasons that persuade me it's impossible for us to be under close observation.

What I've argued is the opposite -- that evidence offered to prove such a presence, particularly the spaceflight related stories, fails to establish the requirement for ET presence.

Using the Cooper quotations [part of the theme of this thread] is a case in point. When actually investigated, the credibility of some of those stories diminishes, which is evidenced by the fierce denialism of some posters here. But if you don't rigorously vet your evidence, and are caught at it too often, you'll never gain acceptance whether you're 'right or not.

And you could BE right. .

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join