It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credible UFO Quotes by prominent individuals.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47

So even setting aside cases that are the slightest bit fishy or weak, we still appear to have an incredible amount of reports by highly credible observers corroborated by highly credible corroborators of highly incredible things whose incredibleness is corroborated by their highly incredible behavior.

Looks that way mate.

Originally posted by xpoq47

And it's especially hard to claim that cops are not good witnesses.

Dr Hynek thought so too and mentions in this 1975 FBI briefing document that 'experience definitely shows that the best reports, those with the greatest information content, come from technically trained, professional people, especially law enforcement personnel”.

There's also some interesting points raised here about police UFO witnesses and the 'credibility and reliability' of officers highly trained and experienced in reporting what they see and I think if a person just solely concentrates on police UFO incidents then it becomes pretty apparent something incredibly unusual is going on.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Statements and pilot transmissions from unexplained UFO incidents in Chilean airspace.

“This object came to about 1500 meters from my position, always to the north and that was the nearest I saw it… I could observe some flashes of light coming from the lower part, which lighted the lower part or base of the object; I had the impression that this lower part was flat and with a metallic aspect; I estimate that it was circular and with a diameter of about 60 meters.”

Air Traffic Controller involved in the El Tepual airport UFO incident, Puerto Montt, Chile, June 1st, 1988

Audio communications from the 'Tobalaba Incident' where an unknown object landed on a hill opposite the Airfield and then took off again towards the northwest at high speed.

TOWER: OK! Now it’s moving toward the south, in a southern direction and making ascending and descending circles… slow, now it’s gaining speed.

AIRCRAFT: Thanks.

TOWER: A glider, I’m afraid it’s not, it’s not an airplane either because it developed very high speeds, at times very slow, it descended and ascended rapidly and now at this moment it’s landing on the side of a small bank of a hill.

Videos of Pilot/control tower transmisions with English subtitles from the LAN Flight 045 incident and other UFO cases.

link

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I asked a pilot I used to work with if he had ever seen a UFO and he got all weird on me. I'm guessing if they see anything, they're not supposed to say anything about it and are probably told to just forget they saw anything. With as many hours that Naval aviators fly, I would be surprised if they had NEVER seen anything. They fly so many hours all over the world, it would be hard to imagine that it couldn't happen.
An old supervisor of mine told me a story of how they were flying near Nellis AFB, and the radar was sweeping in an area that it wasn't supposed to (they set parameters that would blank certain search areas). He said the radar detected something moving at a high rate of speed and it only got a few blips on the radar. Keep in mind that something moving at 2000 mph on this radar monitor will get detected pretty quickly and wouldn't move that quick across the screen. I just thought it was amazing that he saw something like that, especially since he isn't the kind of person who believes in that type of thing and wouldn't lie about something like that. I tried to think that maybe they saw something else, a shuttle or anything but in the end we just couldn't figure it out. I thought it was a pretty credible source, I was never really into the whole UFO thing but until he told me that story and after that pilot acted strange, I changed my mind.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is supposed to be one of the most important testimonials in UFO history, but observers should note that nobody posting here [except me] actually wants it independently verified. What do they know -- or suspect -- about it, that they don't want the rest of you to know?

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by SkuzzleButt
Astronaut Gordon Cooper

"this saucer came flying over our heads and put out three little legs and landed right there on the lake bed"

he says when the saucer was approached it tipped up and took off at a great rate of speed

Thanks for citing this famous story.

But what did the actual witnesses say? This is an important question -- real research is needed for extraordinary claims. Who has ever checked up on this story for alternative sources or explanations?

This is a sad story of a former 'space hero' telling stories to cling to past glories, perhaps.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by c_sautter

My friends father flew tankers for SAC. While visiting one night in the late 70's I made a UFO comment and he gave me this weird look. "We don't talk about that. Don't ever bring that up in this house again."

I knew then that he knew what Jimbo above is still trying to hide.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

Yeah it really made me pause and think "what are they hiding?" It made it official for me that something is going on. It makes me wonder if anyone really knows the truth. If I was going to guess I'd say nasa.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well, we have quite a few guys who went publicly pro-saucer after retirement saying things that would have been official if said before they retired: Capt. Ruppelt, Dr. Hynek, Col. Friend, and Col. Coleman. And Col. Coleman was the chief witness in a multiwitness sighting, piloting a B-25 and acting as squadron leader following a 40' disc, as described in this video that I posted on page 10 of this thread.

Note that his sighting was in 1955, and he and the entire squadron filed official reports, yet he kept quiet about it during all his years as a debunker (chief spokesman for the USAF on UFOs even after Blue Book closed) and even after retirement until he was asked point-blank on live TV in 1978.

You can say that he came clean the first time he was asked on camera if he had ever personally seen a UFO or that he was lying through his teeth or that you don't know which, but there's no doubt about what he said, since you can watch the video.

The clip linked below is from a later date, and Mike Farrell obviously already knew about that and knew he was going to describe his sighting (interview with Col. Coleman and Col. Friend from 1:22 in the video).

www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-1-2013 by xpoq47 because: Additional comment

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

This is supposed to be one of the most important testimonials in UFO history, but observers should note that nobody posting here [except me] actually wants it independently verified. What do they know -- or suspect -- about it, that they don't want the rest of you to know?

Astronaut Gordon Cooper

"this saucer came flying over our heads and put out three little legs and landed right there on the lake bed"

he says when the saucer was approached it tipped up and took off at a great rate of speed

But what did the actual witnesses say? This is an important question -- real research is needed for extraordinary claims. Who has ever checked up on this story for alternative sources or explanations?

This is a sad story of a former 'space hero' telling stories to cling to past glories, perhaps.

it cannot be followed up any further.

Where do you start? we only have coopers word. and he is no longer alive.

We have no idea on further details, you are asking the impossible.

you would have the best chance then anyone else in here

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

My friends father flew tankers for SAC. While visiting one night in the late 70's I made a UFO comment and he gave me this weird look. "We don't talk about that. Don't ever bring that up in this house again."

Spiritualarchitect, I can well understand the reluctance of people not wanting to discuss their UFO experiences and according to government documentation there were quite a number of very strange UFO incidents near SAC bases in the 1970's -maybe your friend's father was involved in one of those.

Excerpts:.

Two separate patrols from Site R reported sighting 3 oblong objects with a reddish tint moving East to West..One individual stated the object was about the size of a 2 and a half ton truck

Objects being described as "25 yards in diameter, gold or silver in color with blue light on top, hole in middle, and red light on bottom".

SAC CP reports UFO 20 miles southeast of Lewiston, orange white disc object. 24th NORAD Region surveillance checking area.

Received a call from the 341st Strategic Air Command Post (SAC CP), saying that the following missile locations reported seeing a large red to orange to yellow object.

The orange/gold object overhead also has small lights on it. SAC also advises female civilian reports having seen an object bearing south from her position six miles west of Lewiston.

L-1 reports that the object to their northeast seems to be issuing a black object from it, tubular in shape. In all this time, surveillance has not been able to detect any sort of track except for known traffic.

link

Civilian UFO reports from around the same time and areas.

"He saw a cigar shaped object with red, green and white flashing lights, going up and down and making sharp turns"

"She saw an object hovering at tree top level in a clearing near power lines one half miles distant. It had four red lights in diamond shape and two white flashing lights"

"It was rotating -going back and forth at a high altitude and had white, blue and red lights"

"In a partly cloudy sky, he saw one bright object about 70% elevation, like a cup in a bowl. He was looking at it through binoculars"

"They were followed by a huge oval shaped object with white blinking lights"

Gov Doc

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Project Bluebook's Chief Scientist Dr. J. Allen Hynek stating that the Condon report was a 'travesty on science' and that Dr Condon wrote the summary and conclusions whilst completely neglecting the contents of his own report.

Video Link

He also makes some interesting statements in this video about how many military pilot UFO reports went unreported and discusses 'three incontrovertible points that even the grossest sceptic can't ignore' -one, that UFO reports not only exist but persist; two, that the phenomenon is global in nature (over 140 countries) and three, that many UFO reports come from highly credible and technically trained people.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Conclusion of government scientist O.H. Turner found in intelligence file Folios 8A, 8B and 8C relating to classified report for the Australian Military.

"The evidence presented by the reports held by the R.A.A.F. tend to support the ... conclusion - namely, that certain strange aircraft have been observed to behave in a manner suggestive of an extra-terrestrial origin."

Conclusion by Australian Scientist O.H. Turner who studied DAFI UFO cases from 1950 to 1954

link

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Statements from Police Officers about the Michigan 'swamp gas' UFO sightings of March, 1966:

Michigan police UFO activity -1966::

"This is the strangest thing that [we] have ever witnessed. We would have not believed this story if we hadn't seen it with our own eyes. These objects could move at fantastic speeds, and make very sharp turns, dive and climb, and hover with great maneuverability. We have no idea what these objects were, or where they could have come from."
Washtenaw County deputies Bushroe and Foster

"It would swing back and forth like a pendulum, then shoot upward at tremendous speed, hover and then come down just as fast."
Washtenaw County deputies B. Bushroe

March 17, 1966, Milan, Michigan. 4:25 a.m. Sgt. Nuel Schneider and Deputy David Fitzpatrick saw top-shaped objects making sharp maneuvers. They alternately hovered, rose and fell quickly, darted around at jet-like speed, their light dimming and brightening periodically. In a report to NICAP, the officers stated that two objects were operating together, circling and flying in formation, while a third object hovered at lower altitude.

Dexter patrolman Robert Huniwell said he spotted an object in the sky at Quigley and Brand roads between 9:30 and 9:45 p.m.. He said the flying object with red and green flashing lights, came close to the ground, hovered above a scout car and was joined by a second vehicle on its ascent.

Officer Robert Hartwell of the Dexter Police Department saw a luminous object buzz his car. Robert Taylor, Dexter Police Chief, and Patrolman N.G. Lee came to the farm in response to Mrs. Mannor's call and heard the noise. Taylor said he watched an object in the field from Frank Mannor's home on a knoll overlooking the area. It appeared as a pulsating red, glowing object. Through binoculars he saw "a light on each end of the thing." "I thought it was an ambulance," Lee said. The chief's son, Robert, 16, also saw the red vehicle in the sky at about 10:30 p.m. "It was going on in the east pretty slow, and then it sped up and went west," he said. "It was flashing red and white."

Washtenaw County Deputy Sheriff BuFord Bushroe also observed it. "It looked like an arc. It was round. We turned around and started following it through Dexter for five miles. It was headed west and we stopped. We lost it in the trees. Either the lights went off or it took off with a tremendous burst of speed. It was about 1,500 feet above the ground. It moved along at about 100 mph. We were doing 70 before losing it near Wylie Road."

The Michigan 1966 UFO Flap - Was it Swamp gas?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

The Michigan case , one of the few cases that maintain my dwindling belief in this subject , if we have been visited by ET then surely this has to be one of those occasions .
Thanks for the quotes Karl

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

The Michigan case , one of the few cases that maintain my dwindling belief in this subject , if we have been visited by ET then surely this has to be one of those occasions .
Thanks for the quotes Karl

Hi mate, it certainly was a very strange series of sightings and whilst I'm not sure about origin, there are now quite a few UFO incidents out there that I suspect are 'not us' -I could of course be very wrong.

Another wave that sounds incredibly similar to the Michigan flap was the Ohio flap from seven years later -this also involved multiple town residents and police officers witnessing objects 'covered with red, green and blue lights zooming about at tree-top level' and apparently one sheriff stated that 'reports of UFOs had become so numerous recently that I have not slept in 24 hours'.

There's a great page here from the late Kenny Young about the Ohio wave and the sheer number of reports for October in this NICAP chronology is pretty remarkable -I also found it interesting that the very freaky Coyne case happened around the same time and area.

Police Statements.

Montgomery County Sheriff's deputy Michael Sullivan reported. "The officer said it was oblong and covered with lights. It appeared stationary in the sky about tree top level for several minutes until he tried to shine his cruiser spot light on it," Sullivan said. "It then zoomed toward him and then shot straight up in the air... after he turned out his light... and disappeared." Sullivan said the UFO sightings lasted from a fleeting moment to 12 minutes. "They would be behind the trees and come up and fly away... as if you startled it or something," he said. "No balloon, helicopter or kite can move that fast or has that many lights attached or can go so quickly in a straight-up direction," he said.

Greenfield, Ohio - Two police officers chased separate unidentified objects more than five miles last night. Patrolman Mike Conklin said the one he chased was about "100 feet in diameter and glowed with a bright white light. It had a red area on top of it, as if it was overheated, and made a dull humming sound that increased in frequency as the object increased in speed." Conklin said he was able to drive his cruiser to within 100-feet of the object. "There were about 20 people out there looking at it at the time I was, so I know I'm not crazy," he added.
Sgt. Hugh Oyer said the object he chased also was white in color with a yellow glow at one end. "I never believed in UFOs until tonight," Oyer said. "Some guy tried to tell me it was a star, but no star I've ever seen made a humming sound or jumped up and down or was so near the ground."

The Great Ohio UFO Wave ~ October, 1973

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

[color=6699FF]Would you PLEASE give the specific URL for those quotes?

I'm disinclined to look through the whole site for them.

I suppose I could use search . . .

And, you could just give the specific link, imho.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
You do realize that I've been investigating and reportiong on Cooper's UFO stories for about thirty years, and have long ago published my results? I've interviewed his fellow pilots, his associates at edwards [in 1957], his NASA buddies [such as Mitchell]. I got to them while they were still alive, rather than putting it off - as everyone else did -- until they couldn't speak.

The point I offer, is that the information is so devastating to Cooper's credibility that the only retort is to ignore the research and attack me for 'attacking Cooper'.

That's not a healthy treatment of real research, that is already much too rare in this field.

As your own honest response indicates.

Astronaut Gordon Cooper

it cannot be followed up any further.

Where do you start? we only have coopers word. and he is no longer alive.

We have no idea on further details, you are asking the impossible.

you would have the best chance then anyone else in here

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Hang on a minute, if you have done all this hard work looking into Cooper for 30 years, why are you going around asking me for the information??? like i said earlier you will know more than anyone else.

You have done all this research, for that length of time, and yet you come at me asking to provide information? wtf?? yet you knew all the answers already? Are you out on here to start fights or something?

What exactly were you expecting? me to have interviewed these people? why? instead of confronting me looking for trouble, why didn't you just tell us all first what you know?

you cant come on here and expect such things, i posted a single video about Cooper, then you complain about me ignoring the research?

and you still fail to provide your research now

so please,

why don't you tell us all why this case is so damaging to Coopers reputation? so then maybe we can discard this quote and move on?

i did not ignore anything, you say my only retort? what are you on about.

edit on 6-2-2013 by SkuzzleButt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Another interesting one

Former Canadian MOD Paul Hellyer

"Visitors from other planets warned us about where we are headed and offered to help"

edit on 6-2-2013 by SkuzzleButt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by karl 12

Would you PLEASE give the specific URL for those quotes?

That would be a bit of a time consuming job but it's not an unfair request, will start another thread with a specific link under each statement.

In the meantime here's an interesting one from Chilean General Ricardo Bermúdez.

"The official conclusion is that the anomalous aerial phenomenon known as unidentified flying objects is real and is present within the controlled airspace and outside the controlled airspace. It is also present in the sea—we have some reports from our navy in that respect. It is present everywhere, and therefore it is necessary to share the information in order to have more background and be able to study it more scientifically, so that we can give real information to the people and not rely on what is shown on TV and in sensationalist media".

UFOs in Chile, France and Russia – Citizen Hearing Transcripts

edit on 29-5-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
In the meantime here's an interesting one about the official explanation for the Portage County incident.

"Their conclusion that the object sighted was the planet Venus is so ridiculous that the United States Air Force has suffered a great loss of prestige in this community."

Portage County Court Judge E. Cook

Thread

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join