It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credible UFO Quotes by prominent individuals.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I think the united states government knows and/or met aliens before, they just keep quiet about to not scare the general population.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Excellent compilation. I'm glad to see this thread. It's always impressive to view the gargantuan mountain of testimonials. Former president Jimmy Carter is still alive, and he cannot be considered an unreliable eyewitness!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Appreciate the replies and there certainly is a lot of very interesting testimony when it comes to the UFO subject, here's some more involving a radar confirmed UFO over Pinecastle Electronic Warfare Range Tracking Station on May 14th, 1978.

Navy Radar Technician Timothy Collins and Lt. Cmdr. John Sullivan

"I've never seen anything like it," says Timothy Collins, a Navy radar technician who tracked an unidentified object over the Florida sky. "And I don't want to see anything like it again."

Collins was among at least a dozen workers at the Navy's Pinecastle Electronic Warfare Range who said they spotted brightly lit objects.

"The computer wouldn't handle it," said Lt. Cmdr. John Sullivan, commander of the range, used by the Navy to train its combat pilots in tactics for avoiding enemy weapons..

Watch Tower Guard:

"I was the watch tower guard that night, and there are some facts that were not mentioned. Such as that Jacksonville NAS launched 2 aircraft to intercept. Once they were on our radar, the UFO vanished. They had it locked into their radar as well. Our radar locked onto one of the UFOs. I have never seen a radar act so crazy. Spinning around and around, up and down.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth due to the fact that I saw the UFO first from the tower. I and airman K.C. woke the Petty Officer of the day, and drug him up the tower to see what we saw. That night we were told not to talk to anyone about this by the commanding officer. I have told this story to many of my friends and they all thought I was crazy! I am sure you can check Navy records to confirm I truly was there".

link

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Close range UFO testimony taken from official RAAF Department of Defence documents which involves separately located witnesses and a very strange object hovering over US Naval Communication Station Harold E. Holt on the west coast of Australia in October, 1973

"The sky was clear & pale green-blue. No clouds were about whatsoever.The object was completely stationary except for a halo around the centre, which appeared to be either revolving or pulsating. After watching it for approx. 4 minutes, it suddenly took off at tremendous speed & disappeared in a northerly direction, in a few seconds. I consider this object to have been approx. 10 metres in diameter, hovering at 300 metres over the hills due west of the base. It was black, maybe due to looking in the drection of the setting sun. No lights appeared on it at any time."

UFO Hovers Over NSA Base - Australia, October, 1973

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Brian O'Leary

Brian Todd O'Leary was an American scientist, author, and former NASA astronaut. He was a member of the sixth group of astronauts selected by NASA in August 1967

"there is abundant evidence we have been contacted, that civilizations have been visiting us for a very long time"
edit on 13-1-2013 by SkuzzleButt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Astronaut Gordon Cooper

"this saucer came flying over our heads and put out three little legs and landed right there on the lake bed"

he says when the saucer was approached it tipped up and took off at a great rate of speed

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkuzzleButt
Astronaut Gordon Cooper

"this saucer came flying over our heads and put out three little legs and landed right there on the lake bed"

he says when the saucer was approached it tipped up and took off at a great rate of speed

Thanks for citing this famous story.

But what did the actual witnesses say? This is an important question -- real research is needed for extraordinary claims. Who has ever checked up on this story for alternative sources or explanations?

This is a sad story of a former 'space hero' telling stories to cling to past glories, perhaps.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkuzzleButt
Brian O'Leary

Brian Todd O'Leary was an American scientist, author, and former NASA astronaut. He was a member of the sixth group of astronauts selected by NASA in August 1967

"there is abundant evidence we have been contacted, that civilizations have been visiting us for a very long time"

Who washed out of training six months later and wrote a muck-raking book about 'The Making of an Ex-Astronaut' afterwards. Then bootstrapped off the experience to bolster his reputation the rest of his life.

Sweet guy. Highly imaginative.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic
reply to post by karl 12

Excellent compilation. I'm glad to see this thread. It's always impressive to view the gargantuan mountain of testimonials. Former president Jimmy Carter is still alive, and he cannot be considered an unreliable eyewitness!

So i presume you've never seen any actual investigative reports of his reported sighting? Or do you deliberately want to NOT know the whole story behind useful propaganda factoids?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic
reply to post by karl 12

So i presume you've never seen any actual investigative reports of his reported sighting? Or do you deliberately want to NOT know the whole story behind useful propaganda factoids?

Are you implying that EVERY SINGLE quote ever made by a credible source is either mis-quoted or taken out of context, are you even implying that if they are what they seem and a quote/quotes is NOT taken out of context or mis quoted that they are nothing important and should be dismissed?? Why concentrate on those possible mis quoted or taken out of context quotes , what about those quotes that stand on their own feet and are what they seem, is that not a justification for not only concern but a justification for real unknown objects in our skies??

Lets concentrate on those quotes that seem to stand up, are they not the whole point and topic of this thread, are they not important in their own right to be considered as evidence for the ET hypotheses that some UFOs might just be ET in origin.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

it defiantly seems that, with the two astronauts i quoted.

these witnesses are as credible as they get, they cannot be discredited simply by "past history" which seems to be the implication.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Indeed Jim, what you refer to as Carter's "whole story" is quite important. I just hope your version of that story would include how those sighting details, his thoughts on it, and its apparent effects on him were forced to change over time, plus, more importantly, that it would include the mandatory discussion of modern sociological factors which might have lead someone (even of his stature) to feel a need to distance himself from a genuinely mysterious UFO sighting.

In other words, let's please not pretend there's no anti-UFO "propaganda" at the heart of what many skeptics are so anxious to label as Carter's UFO retreat.

And let's also not forget that this anti-UFO propaganda is something you yourself have perpetuated for decades. Literally decades. Yet in time we'll all know, without a doubt, which type of propaganda proved to be more pernicious towards the concept of truth, that of the 'believers' or that of the 'skeptics'? But I suspect that, years from now, posterity will not look so kindly upon those who are currently so visibly and vocally behind the ridicule of the entire UFO topic.
edit on 13-1-2013 by TeaAndStrumpets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

reply to post by JimOberg

Hey Jim, good to see you back posting on ATS after the Mcminnville fiasco - regarding the Big Sur incident there's some interesting points brought up about CSICOP's Kingston A. George article in this file - I've also heard it said you privately wrote to Professor Jacobs to criticize him about his actions of going public with an incident that relates to national security - can I ask you if this is true?

Oh well, I least I suppose I tried.

I know it's stated at the Mcminnville link that you 'say things in odd ways' hence the direct question.

Originally posted by TeaAndStrumpets

But I suspect that, years from now, posterity will not look so kindly upon those who are currently so visibly and vocally behind the ridicule of the entire UFO topic.

TeaAndStrumpets, good point and you're not alone in suspecting that.

Here's another interesting statement from a National Weather Service Radar Station operator on March 8th, 1994.

NWS: Well we...OH MY GOD!... WHAT IS THIS!?

link

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Interesting comments found in government document about a radar/visual UFO incident at Minot Air Force Base in 1966.

Doc

“When the team was about ten miles from the landing site, static disrupted radio contact with them. Five to eight minutes later, the glow diminished, and the UFO took off. Another UFO was visually sighted and confirmed by radar. The one that was first sighted passed beneath the second. Radar also confirmed this. The first made for altitude toward the north, and the second seemed to disappear with the glow of red.”

Twelve Government Documents That Take UFOs Seriously

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Radar/visual UFO sighting from West Germany on 30th July, 1952 involving Flight Sergeant Roland Hughes, a De Havilland Vampire FB9 aircraft and a 'gleaming silver-metallic disc'.

He reported seeing a sudden flash of "silver light" in they sky high above him which rapidly descended towards him until he could see that it was a "gleaming silver-metallic disc".

The airman said its surface was shiny, "like tin foil", and "without a single crease or crinkle in it". He could see, with "astonishing clarity", the aircraft's "highly reflective and absolutely seamless metallic-looking surface". He estimated its size at 100ft across – "about the wingspan of a Lancaster bomber".

1952 RAF pilot UFO sighting revealed-NEW CASE MAYBE

Does sound quite similar to this radar/visual case from the same year involving three disc shaped objects..

"At the time immediately I didn't feel frightened. I did subsequently feel that we were looking at something that really we shouldn't be seeing. And I remember being told on landing that I looked fairly shaken, almost as if I had seen a ghost."

Air Commodore Michael Swiney O.B.E. (RAF Retired)

The Little Rissington UFO Incident

.and this case from the same year involving two disc shaped objects, Admiral Arthur Radford and Naval Secretary Dan Kimball.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Official police report UFO description from the Tocopilla case in Chile, September 23rd, 1971 where an unknown object was reported to have changed directions at great speed; exhibited EM effects on a police patrol car and then submerged into the ocean.

“It was possible to confirm that at more or less 2 km from the coast, such artifact remained totally lit, changing places at great speed…later on it came close to the beach of Caleta Buena…. At a distance of 150 meters, it could be seen that the object had an approximate diameter of 20 meters, with a helicopter-like cabin totally lit and with sections like windows. It was approximately 30 meters above the sea level, being impossible to identify its origin.”

link

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
NASA Aerodynamicist Paul R. Hill discussing a UFO sighting over the waters of Lower Chesapeake Bay in Virginia, July 16, 1952:

"They moved jerkily when moving slowly. The speed varied from about 50 to 500 mph. Their ability to make tight circling turns was amazing."

link

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Statements from USAF Personnel.

"I was on a mission from Ceylon, bombing Palembang, Sumatra. The date was August 10, 1944..
the right gunner and my co-pilot reported a strange object pacing us about 500 yards off the starboard wing. At that distance it appeared as a spherical object, probably 5 or 6 feet in diameter, of a very bright and intense red or orange in color. It seemed to have a halo effect. My gunner reported it coming in from about five o'clock position at our level. It seemed to throb or vibrate constantly. Assuming it was some kind of radio controlled object sent to pace us, I went into evasive action, changing direction constantly as much as 90 degrees and altitude about 2000 feet. It followed our every maneuver for about 8 minutes, always holding a position of about 500 yards out and about 2 o'clock in relation to the plane. When it left, it made an abrupt 90 degree turn, up and accelerating rapidly; it disappeared in the overcast."

USAF Captain Alvah M. Reida, Airplane Commander on B-26's, B-24's and B-29's.

"I was making a scheduled flight from Langley Field, Virginia (August 1, 1946) to MacDill Field, Tampa, Florida. At approximately 6 p.m. while flying a C -47 at 4000 feel northeast of Tampa I observed what I thought to be a shooting star to the southeast over the Atlantic Ocean. My copilot, Lt. Henry F. Glass and my engineer both observed this object at the same time. This object continued toward us on a collision course at our exact altitude. At about 1000 yards it veered to cross our path. We observed it to be a long, cylindrical shape approximately twice the size of a B-29, with luminous portholes".

USAF Captain Jack Puckett, Flying Safety Officer, Tactical Air Command, 300th Base Unit, Langley Field.

"I chased the light up and down and around for about 10 minutes, then as a last resort I made a pass and turned on my landing lights. Just before the object made a final tight turn and headed for the coast I saw that it was a dark gray oval-shaped object, smaller than my T-6."

USAF Lt. Henry G. Combs describing a UFO which took 'violent evasive action' over Andrews AFB on November 18th, 1948.

SECTION III Air Force Observations

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
National Park Rangers and Deputy Sheriff witness UFO described as 'the size of a two-bedroom house with flashing red, green and yellow lights' - Tupelo, October, 1973.

For example, a National Park Service ranger in Tupelo, Miss. said he saw a flying saucer the size of a two-bedroom house hover overhead for about 15 minutes flashing red, green and yellow lights.

"I've been dealing with the public for years and I know people exaggerate and see what they want to see, but I know I saw this."

Thomas E. Westmoreland, Tupelo Subdistrict Ranger, Natchez Trace Parkway.

Three other rangers and a deputy sheriff were with him when he saw the strange craft. Highway patrolmen, policemen and a sheriff all reported seeing strange flying objects over northeastern Mississippi that same night.

link

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
So even setting aside cases that are the slightest bit fishy or weak, we still appear to have an incredible amount of reports by highly credible observers corroborated by highly credible corroborators of highly incredible things whose incredibleness is corroborated by their highly incredible behavior. And it's especially hard to claim that cops are not good witnesses.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join