It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cornwall man treated for mystery illness in Ottawa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Cornwall man treated for mystery illness in Ottawa

www.ottawacitizen.com

OTTAWA - A Cornwall Crown attorney who returned from Mexico with a mysterious illness is believed to be one of a handful of people in Ontario who may be linked to an outbreak that is confounding health authorities, provincial officials say.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
We can follow the evolution of the disease from this link:

www.healthmap.org...

It is since late mach that all this flu thing was strijing and we are now to know about.

3 weeks later......seems a lot to me.

It is the first case in Canada, but numbers in US are growing fast.

We should know many times it takes the virus to get people ill.

Permanent lung damages can happens for those who don't die of it. 15 % mortality rate is reported.

Government does not forbid canadian to travel Mexico now, but ask traveller to be cautious.

www.ottawacitizen.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
A mysterious illness hit home here a few months ago. My husband and I, and our two children hardly ever get sick. And I am talking about kids who as toddlers have been around sick friends with intestinal viruses and flu and they got little more than a sniffle, and hubby and I both get maybe a sniffle once a year. Anyway, the neighbor kids played with our kids, unbeknownst to us, they had "a bug", which their mother later informed us of (yay). So, about a week later, our whole house came down with this mess, here were the symptoms:

-3 y/o presented with fever of 104.5

-8 year old low grade fever (99.3-100.5)

-Husband had 102.5 fever

-All grades of fever lasted more than 2 weeks

-I escaped fever, but had malaise so bad I could barely get out of bed

-everyone had severe productive cough and chest pains

-3 y/o experienced sporadic vomiting

-extreme weight loss from inability to eat ( 3y/o lost 5 lbs., 8 y/o lost 6 lbs. and hubby lost 5 lbs. I lost about 10)

-Doctors ruled out pneumonia, both viral and bacterial; chest X-rays came back clean

-3 y/o was worst off. Oxygen saturation was hitting 85% and she does not have asthma. We're talking an otherwiste healthy and robust girl who can run like a deer and scream her head off. She was kept overnight for observation due to this.

-Doctors could do little more than speculate, give broad spectrum abx and asthma treatments (w/oxygen) and isolate her due to her condition. The discharge slip stated severe upper respiratory infection, but the attending doctor stated he had never seen anything like this in a non-asthmatic.

-It took 2 weeks for everyone to fully recover. The kids took amoxicillin at home and IV abx at the hospital and inhaled medicines, hubby took OTC meds and I took olive leaf extract and burned frankincense in a towel tent to open up my airways.

Aside from hating my outbreak monkey neighbors for giving us this crap, all is now well. But we are in Tx, and we have a lot of Mexican immigrants here for work and etc. Their kids go to school with our children. I am not an immigrant hater, I am just making a point that this came from somewhere and our experiences and our location supports the speculation of origin and the symptoms that are mentioned in the OP.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yet another reason to seal off the border and heavily restrict access to and from Mexico.

Opps, im now a racist

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Your lack of free health care for the poor means the United States is a tasty breeding ground for disease.

So you lock down your border with Mexico, we'll lock down our border with you, and we'll all get by safely knowing those filthy Americans are trapped in the middle and will stay there.

Oops, now I'm anti-American.

(Sarcasm implied)

Yeah, your post was pretty idiotic.

... but I should expect to hear such things from a nation with such a horrible education system.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
now this does worry me as i live in scotland and this man is in/ from cornwall. didnt read to full article so not sure if hes back yet in cornwall. but if he isthen that is worryting because in the uk the flu spreads like a wild fire, and a strain like this ................ im sealing my house off, ive a very bad feeling about this my friends, very bad indeed! it seems overdue at times!!

peace xx and good health to all

my bad, i misread the whole thing, i thought it meant cornwall in the u.k, how much of a silly goose do i feel lolololol. but for the sake of a giggle in these hard times ive left my original post!!

and just for the sake of another giggle........
[mod edit: off-topic content removed]
smile everyone, as its all we can do at the moment!!

peace xx

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Free4Ever2]

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Yeah, your post was pretty idiotic.

I'm not sure how his post was idiotic. Could you please explain it to me? Honest question. That sounds like pretty typical quarantine methods. Whenever there is an outbreak like that, it's pretty common for countries to seal off travel to and from the source country. If this becomes big, that is.

I don't understand why'd you attack our education level for suggesting quarantine methods for closing borders in such an event or labeling the suggestion as idiotic. Unless I misread you somehow. In that case my apologies.

But some Australians were just discussing the same thing in another thread about restricting travel as well as imposing quarantine methods in this case. It seems pretty standard. Why did you have issues with the other member's proposal?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by johnsky

I don't understand why'd you attack our education level for suggesting quarantine methods for closing borders in such an event or labeling the suggestion as idiotic. Unless I misread you somehow. In that case my apologies.

You did misread me, the poster I was talking to has other motives for shutting down the border, he wasn't talking about quarantine, he was talking from a standpoint of "they don't deserve to be here".
Hence the part where it says : Yet another reason...

I admire your innocence in not having noticed that... sometimes I wish I could be innocent again.

Yes, quarantines are necessary, but temporary... and certainly not done to further a racist agenda.

I do find it odd though that HC noticed the outbreak before USCDC. I mean, one would expect those closest to notice first.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Thanks, Johnsky, for the clarification. It was honest curiousity.

[edit on 4/24/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Is this relating to the new strain of flu this thread is describing?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have only skim read the thread, but it mentions Canada and Mexico. ANyone interested in this might want to check it out.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

4 week exercise in Scotland to Prepare For Pandemic Situation

A similar thing is going to be happening across South Wales in the UK where I live - never heard of something like it before - and also something going on in parts of England plus read something about it occuring in Alabama too.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Im from the uk and just before winter last year my sinus began to play me up which developed into a cough with a fever that I just couldnt shake.
After 6 weeks coughing my lungs up literally I took myself to the doctors, they took a phlegm sample and sent it of for analysis, it came back and I was told I had Haemophilus influenzae??

I have looked this up on the net but cant really figure out what it is. It took 2 lots of antibiotics to clear it up and I have never felt so ill in all my life, even now I am still trying to boost my immune system because I feel so tired and worn out.

I just thought I would share this with you because I dont think Haemophilus influenzae is a common virus or is it?

I hear people saying that they are finding it hard to shift colds and flu more and more these days........its all very worrying

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
To me all of these stories of yours sound like a classic case of "S-M-R"
Secret-Millitary-Research

But seriously man, that is some....sexual intercoursed..Bull...trash!
Where ever it comes from it was definately not made or released naturally OR civillian(ly)

join