It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"10.5" the big one hits yer toob!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
was channel surfing today and ran across the commercial for the big new made for tv movie called "10.5" which i guess is the size of the earthquake. there was lots of satisfying scenes of the western US getting smashed. The Seattle Space Needles gets whonked. and the hollywood sign figured prominently. if you liked deep impact, independence day, armageddon, the hulk, etc just for the white house, sf, and other idols of our society getting distroyed (like i did) then you'll probably enjoy the show too.
i probably won't be there. too busy to watch tv these days.
'sides, watching the mass media is like playing poker with someone who likes to let you peek at his cards.
the link is pretty amusing:
www.nbc.com...
well, i guess if Scallion's not gonna be right in predicting california's coast dropping into the sea, then nbc may as well make a movie about it, eh?
they did the midwest with okc, then the east coast with 911, now doesnt' the west coast seem like the next locale for the next black ops big "terror show'?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Saw the previews for this during Kill Bill 2. Looked pretty interesting. Seeing the Space Needle fall was pretty neat looking.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I was going to see Kill Bill too last night, but the girl I was with wasn't 17 yet
(I'm barely 19 so don't worry
) Anyways, this show looks pretty interesting. Totally impossible, but interesting nonetheless.

/E: WTF is a 'toob'?

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by xenophanes85]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
like "boob toob"
aka "idiot box"
or as the brits call it, "telly"

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Some of the special effects in the preview looked really crappy--like the train and tracks collapsing or whatever. It'll probably be good for a laugh though.

I just hope if the west coast ever does fall into the ocean that it would be televised. Just think about watching a satellite view of that!
I mean---oh, what a tragedy that would be...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Looks like it would be an interesting mini-series to see!

Looking forward to 'The Day After Tomorrow', as well, which is also a movie about natural disasters, caused by the warming of the earth.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I watched the first part of 10.5 last night. It was garbage.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Really, Spittin?
What was bad about it, if you care to share?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Really, Spittin?
What was bad about it, if you care to share?

It seemed very low budget. Story is ok, its just a bad movie.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ah, alright. So the graphics weren't the greatest, etc?

Well, can't expect much more for a tv movie.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

Well, can't expect much more for a tv movie.

I have seen some good TV movies. I guess I am spoiled with all the great movies there are.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well, for starters we have this woman governor of California, who can't make decisions for crap. Then her ex husband picks up whiny 15 yr old with attitude and takes the brat on a camping trip in Northern California.

The first quake in Seattle was okay, if you can believe a hot wheel biker boy riding up and down the fault in the shadow of the falling needle.....stretching it in my opinion.

Then we got this overly pushy female geologist that has this theory about deep, deep, unreadable= undetectable fault lines....

And there is the presidential appointee to FEMA who sits on the info from the mad scientist...and San Fran slides down into chaos and the bay. No loss there I guess.

So it ended last night, after sinking a couple of navigators in gravel pits (signifying the liquidifying earth in a major quake). And the mad head of FEMA has come up with the astounding idea of ending the quakes with nuclear bombs. Holy Batman, does this plot suck.

hey, but it gets the peoples minds off their troubles, right?

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by radstar]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I like the nuclear bomb thing thought... right... fuse the fault lines with the heat form the warheads... okay... never mind the massive kinetic energy from the explosion... we're just looking for the heat. omg

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the rundown, radstar.

The plot seems pretty... out there, I guess.
I might check it out anyway.

Like you said, gets, peoples minds off their troubles. There's nothing like some good garbage for the mind. =P

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well, I guess the only way to make that entertaining would be for a phownix to be "born" from the reulting fissure...
I think I've got ADHD, could it keep my attention?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The play call was good, but the Quarter Back couldn't pull off the pass. They should have punted.

The story has a lot of filler, which blows the whole thing. The plot jumps too much. The worst part I have seen so far is the crap where they have the screen split to 3-5 different scenes at once, so you are watching 3-5 movies at the same time, that really have nothing to do with each other.

Not to mention that the science behind much of the movie is so far fetched a child would laugh. (the fault line forming along the train tracks, that was convenient).

And NUKES to fuse the freakin fault line???!!! WTF??? Um, the nukes would be hot yeah, but the blasts would be enough to create thier own fault lines to connect through. DOH

(just noticed SO posted this too)

The cast was ok though. The guy who plays the pres and the Fema dude are pretty cool.

However, I will be watching tonight too just to see how bad they can screwup the rest of it.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by ImAlreadyPsycho]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
it was a good movie i watched it last night

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Al_uh_Looyah
like "boob toob"
aka "idiot box"
or as the brits call it, "telly"

boob toob? I assume thats slang for the Cathode Ray Tube, not shouldrless dress. . And not all brits call it telly. TV does for many of us. and could be easily understood by all nationalities.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This was the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. I give it 0 stars and advise anybody else contemplating watching it, do not. I repeat...do not.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
To be honest I watched two minutes of it and fell asleep. But from what I saw this movie was so bad the japanese would laugh at it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join