It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Refuse to Allow Skeptic to Testify Alongside Gore At Congressional Hearing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Democrats Refuse to Allow Skeptic to Testify Alongside Gore At Congressional Hearing

www.climatedepot.co m

UK's Lord Christopher Monckton, a former science advisor to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, claimed House Democrats have refused to allow him to appear alongside former Vice President Al Gore at a high profile global warming hearing on Friday April 24, 2009 at 10am in Washington. Monckton told Climate Depot that the Democrats rescinded his scheduled joint appearance at the House Energy and Commerce hearing on Friday. Monckton said he was informed that he would not be allowed to testify alongside Gore when his plane landed from England Thursday afternoon. “The House Democrats don't want Gore humiliated, so they slammed the door of the Capitol in my face,” Monckton told Climate Depot in an exclusive interview. “They are cowards.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/24/2009 by Erasurehead]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The American people and the world are being scammed by Al Gore and his supporters. Global warming has not occurred for almost a decade now which is why the terminology has changed from "Global warming" to "Global climate change".

We are all going to pay a higher price for energy in the form of carbon credits and cap and trade on carbon emissions. This will do nothing to stop climate change. It will only line the pockets of people like Gore.

It it outrageous to me that an opposing view point will not be allowed to be presented at the climate hearing examining the House global warming bill. Instead they will listen to Gore and his outdated views on climate change. Why bother with a hearing if there will be no opposing view point?

www.climatedepot.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Rule one. Never allow your critics a venue,and discredit them at every turn. Rule number two.Always refer to rule number one.
Gore has nothing to substanciate his claims. Therefore allowing opposition to speak would show him to be the idiot we have all grown to know and love.
(musical notes,"catch a falling star")

Catch a carbon credit
put it in your pocket
save it for a smoggy day

Take your carbon credit
buy a little gasoline
before Al Gore takes that away.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
According to who - every scientist of any repute on the planet thinks global warming is man made, every intellectual and thinking person. There have been thousands upon thousands of independant studies done which confirm this - please can you point me to a single piece of credible evidence which has been put forward and published by a scientist of repute which discredits this theory ?

Just one will do -

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There is post for this topic already...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

just saying...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
According to who - every scientist of any repute on the planet thinks global warming is man made, every intellectual and thinking person. There have been thousands upon thousands of independant studies done which confirm this - please can you point me to a single piece of credible evidence which has been put forward and published by a scientist of repute which discredits this theory ?

Just one will do -

I am certain you should be well aware, that any Scientist, who does not conform to what they call the NORM, would never be allowed to have a paper published, that does not have the correct current view, I am certain myself however, that will change soon.

There are too many who are looking for funding, who keep swapping the same old data, to get their funding for whatever project they have, that does not mean there are not many Scientists, who disagree with Gore, a lot of them do, and I think you already knew that.

The fact can not be hidden forever, that there are major discrepancies in the data gore provided in his "movie" once further evidence is compiled, more and more Scientists will begin to accept the new data, they have too, maybe they should do their own research, instead of following the pack in the wrong direction.

Changes need to be made to how this data is compiled, for instance, Geologists have to allowed to become a major source of where this data comes from, because right now, they are being totally ignored, which is very convenient for those wishing to instate a tax to stop what? the natural process of Nature?

The sooner we as a race (Humans) stop thinking we can beat Nature, the better and safer it will become for everyone, because while everyone is believing these people, not only are they getting their depopulation, they are also twisting the facts and scaring people into thinking they have the solutions, which is so far from the truth it's laughable.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas

Just one will do -

This suggests an ice age in 100 years.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Last year, it was expected that the Sun would have been hotting up after a quiet spell. But instead it hit a 50-year low in solar wind pressure, a 55-year low in radio emissions, and a 100-year low in sunspot activity.

In the mid-17th Century, a quiet spell - known as the Maunder Minimum - lasted 70 years, and led to a "mini ice age".

Professor Lockwood believes that as well as the Sun's 11-year cycle, there is an underlying solar oscillation lasting hundreds of years.

He suggests that 1985 marked the "grand maximum" in this long-term cycle and the Maunder Minimum marked its low point.

"We are re-entering the middle ground after a period which has seen the Sun in its top 10% of activity," said Professor Lockwood.

"We would expect it to be more than 100 years before we get down to the levels of the Maunder Minimum."

It gonna get cooler my friend. This summer should tell the tale, unlike AGW this will have short term effects.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Of course, Lord Christopher Monckton just testified on March 25:

energycommerce.house.gov...

I cannot find a single source that credits anyone but Monckton for saying that he was denied the chance to debate Gore. I'd like to know that for sure, to know that this isn't just hot air (pun intended) from Monckton. I know he's been wanting to go toe to toe with Gore for some time, and this smells a little of PR.

Plus, if Gore didn't want anyone there who might naysay him, he didn't do a very good job, as all of these people also testified:

•The Honorable John Warner, former United States Senator

•The Honorable Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the House of Representatives

•Ian Bowles, Secretary, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
•David Gardiner, President, David Gardiner & Associates, LLC (on behalf of the Energy Future Coalition)
•Jeff Genzer, Counsel, National Association of State Energy Officials
•Andrew Delaski, Executive Director, Appliance Standards Awareness Project
•Dave McCurdy, President and CEO, Alliance for Automobile Manufacturers
•Alan Reuther, Legislative Director, International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace & Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW)
•Dan Sperling, Director, Institute of Transportation Studies, University of California Davis
•David Friedman, Research Director, Clean Vehicles Program, Union of Concerned Scientists
•Charles T. Drevna, President, National Petrochemical and Refiners Association
•Sonny Richardson, President, Richardson Home Builders, Inc., Tuscaloosa, Alabama
•Tia Nelson, Executive Secretary, Board of Commissioners of Public Lands, State of Wisconsin
•Bill Becker, Executive Director National Association of Clean Air Agencies
•Carl Royal, Counsel, Schiff Hardin LLP, formerly Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Chicago Mercantile Exchange
•Jon Anda, Executive-in-Residence, Fuqua School of Business, Duke University, Visiting Fellow Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions
•David Doniger, Policy Director, Climate Center, Natural Resources Defense Council
•Patricia Mulroy, General Manager, Las Vegas Nevada Water District/Southern Nevada Water Authority
•Dr. Anne Smith, Vice President, Practice Leader of Climate and Sustainability, CRA International
•William L. Kovacs, Vice President, Environment, Technology, and Regulatory Affairs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce

And this was JUST day four. There was a great deal of other testimonies on other days. You can find it here, and there's even transcripts and video of a lot of it:

Day 1:

energycommerce.house.gov...:chairman-waxman-and-subcommittee-chairman-markey-announce-hearings-o n-the-american-clean-energy-and-security-act-of-2009&catid=128:full-committee&Itemid=84

Day 2:

Day 3:

And of course, Day 4:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Previous thread on this exact subject located here.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
1) Provide a source for you claim.

2) Since when do they ever have opposing testimony from another individual at the same time during a session hearing.

3) If this quack is worth his salt he would be asked by Republican Senators for his testimony, dedicated to him.

Thanks for playing.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
We're all supposed to take claims of climate change at face value. Did you not get the memo? Anyone who refutes said claims is either a terrorist, mentally unstable (condition outlined here) or both. It's high time you all stopped questioning the all mighty Lord Gore.

I'm SUPER serial

TA

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

The problem is that no one knows who Lord Christopher Monckton is but everyone knows who Al Gore is, The Nobel Peace Prize 2007 to Gore and Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). My guess is that lord Monckton is trying to freeride on Gores great media attention, try do the hard work yourself instead and dont expect to be lifted.

top topics

join