It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama legal team wants to limit defendants' rights

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

I had to sign a non-disclosure to be released on bail a few years back,for a minor offense,stating that i would not talk about what I saw in jail there...

Now,why would the PTB be concerned about what I saw while I was at their reputable facility?.

And yes,I did see some things that "Just weren't right".

And it remained that way until the states attorney had his daughter incarcerated there and heard about the treatment she received.

I have seen some amazing things in my life,too few good things.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

No need to apologize! You were a bit harsh, but absolutely correct. What Obama says and what he does are two different things. He fooled me too and got my vote :-(

Well, let's see if he gets reelected ...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
i firmly believe he is a radical muslim plant that wants to destroy this country.
how much more do you have to see before you figure it out?
its probably too late now,he has succeeded in destroying the economic system,and now he wants to control how we live.
who was his first phone call to?
where waas his first television appearance?
who paid for his harvard education?
who did he bow to?
who does he want to make "peace" with?
who's rights does he defend?
who's rights does he want to take?
why is he dismantling the defense systems around the world?
why is the military out of money,and his banker friends aren't?
why is it that every bank that was bailed outt was also an insurance company?
who's guns does he want so he can accomplish these things??
and why does he hide his past with such great furvor?

and most important...why doesn't anyone say NO!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
The bottom line is stick to your right to remain silent. Say nothing to them.

The problem is that keeping silent makes you automatically look suspicious. Don't you agree?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Some posters find it easy to blame Americans for letting our civil rights erode without doing anything about it. Well, tell me what country you're from and I'll give you an ear full. I.e. I would posit that all citizens of the EU have allowed worse to their civil rights.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Spectre0o0

When a very well connected banker told me about Obama being a Manchurian candidate I was laughing hard. Well, I ain't laughing anymore ...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
this is not so bad wait till they start water boarding to extract confessions from the people.
America died in 1913.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Uh huh. Wow.

He wants to limit the ability for people to defend themselves? The people, who get lawyers because THEY DON'T KNOW THE LAW. Yeah, nice change there Obama. I regret every nice thing I ever said about you. You're a tyrant and should be impeached for even SUGGESTING such a stupid idea. I hope you're reading this Obama. You're alienating your own base.

Idiot.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Something I didn't see anyone else mention other than in passing or when talking of water-boarding is the situation with incarcerated enemies of the state, insurgents, terrorists or whichever. If this were to be enacted, none of those detained would have a right to counsel as has been argued those residing in Guantanamo should have access to.

Kind of makes me wonder what the new CIC has learned since taking office.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join