It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waiting for the shoe to drop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Looking for ideas on what might be the next shoe to drop that causes the meltdown that many seem to expect will come shortly.
Could it be an economic happening, or something on the social front? Could it be the next news release on the health of the banks? A very large drop on bad news for the stock market?? Could it possibly be an unexpectedly bad announcement by the government??
Just looking for opinions......

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Good thought provoking question. I think from watching the stock markets the last 2 years, that it is obvious, and very apparent to me at least that the government is manipulating the markets to stay above water as to avert a disaster, ie market meltdown. Every week bad data comes out on car manufacturers, banks, jobless claims, etc, and somehow it is swept under the rug. Somehow the market is still above 7500 pts. I think that is a psychological barrier for people. People really got scared when it was in the 6's. The government saw that, and then you really started seeing bad news swept under the rug. Stock market gains in the face of massive unemployment reports, gains when Ford for example, today, reported their loss was less than expected, but still was in the billions, it doesnt make sense.

I think for now we are going to see things continue to be covered up, but as you can see in the media, there is more and more contradiction being offered up by gheitner, obama, congress, etc. It is going to come to the point of there being a massive investigation and a lot of fraud and illegal activities brought to light. Both parties will be involved, and then you will really see the shtf. They dont realize the charade cant go on forever. They are all protecting their behinds. But, being a big believer in Karma, it will all catch up with them. Even Obama. It may take a year or two more, but people are getting fed up with the division in this country, and the outright lies and ignoring of our own constitution.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mrpotatohead

There is a lot of chatter that the stock market will completely crash in May.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The next big HIT will be happening to all these counties, cities, and states, that are loosing tax revenue as the economy deflates further and their expenses escalate as more demand is placed upon all those entitlements programs for the poor .. the new poor.

Crime, organized crime, gangs of unemployed people, will then spring up and begin to take advantage of these dying cities, like vultures swooping in to peck at what's left of these bankrupt and demoralized communities. People are already sensing this, thus why they are stocking up on guns and ammo.

When the market crashes, and the banks close, riots will break out, and then you'll be seeing international peacekeepers with weapons on our streets ... probably mostly Chinese soldiers, since Hilary has already handed over a guarantee of eminent domain to the Chinese as a guarantee on all that debt we owe them.

When the market crashes, make a quick dash for Canada. Yeah, things won't be any better up there, but at least we can escape being sent to the FEMA unemployment camps here when that moment comes. Keep in mind that when the market crashes and the banks close, it won't really matter if you have money for food .. there won't be any place to shop, so the hungry will board those trains to those camps in hope of finding something to eat.

Be ready. Be prepared. Start forming your own protection gangs today so that you'll be ready to defend yourselves tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I am starting to think it will be medically related ie,the seemingly mutated "flu" that is starting to make news.

Many will become sick and thus a "reason" to implement certain procedures to insure compliance and/or continued manipulation.

Fear-mongering will be rampant.Scared people are stupid people usually.

The systems will become overloaded with unemployed,lazy,desperate,and ill and again,civil-unrest will begin the process which results in possible martial law and much confusion about the future,enabling a "Savior" to emerge (or change his tie and go on TV again.)

From chaos the "mighty" can thrive while the population is pruned and subsequently "managed."

Has anyone else started to consider the MANY more cases of "mental health" issues that I firmly believe will be happening as well?
Lots of people can't or don't deal well with extreme stress and I believe that the use of drugs and alcohol will also escalate rapidly.

Resulting of course,in more unstable people to try and contend with as the rest of us try to cope and or survive.

Chit.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Does anyone else find it incredible that the government printed up billions in funny money to give to the crooks who got us in this mess to begin with, yet not so much as a couple hundred dollars to the taxpayers, the people who have to repay all that funny money? I find that fact alone to be tantamount to the REAL picture, that our governments have no intention of restoring its citizens to solvency. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about but it certainly looks like a red flag to me.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Gave you a star!
You really hit a note with your simple statement,if people lose "hope" ie,no possiblity of a solid financial future or solvancy,then "someone or thing" will simply provide that for them and they will be forced (gratefully at that point) to accept what is offered.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The next shoe will drop on about May 22nd. In anticipation of this date, the players are already on the move. I am personally well protected so if I want to participate, I'll just go to the hollywood summer blockbusters that are coming out around then. War is easier when you have entertaining distractions.

In general the madness begins about a week before the actual date, so look for the insanity in the news beginning after the second week of the month.

On that date a young boy turns 18 years old, the age of majority in the U.S, so his handlers will lose control over him without a new agreement. I figure they'll freak out.

Economically, there doesn't exist enough downside to be concerned of anymore...I suppose that's the risk you take when you want to drive a nation into the dirt. But I imagine that you'll witness a major event in Pakistan specifically with the Taliban...perhaps something in Somalia...Sri Lanka is already out of play; not much new or unexpected can happen there.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Another shoe to drop that the mass public has no clue about it that the FDIC will be unable to cover the losses of depositors when the banks go belly up. The FDIC has a clause, in fine print, which gives them 20 years )or it may be even longer) to make good on losses. Even if they didn't have that clause, how much more funny money can they print?

This would be a good time to keep your money if you are one of the lucky few to have any, under the mattress.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Good question... but it wouldn't be a necessary one if the MSM was reporting the truth. So many shoes are dropping right now that most people are not even aware of. A few examples: The very rapid rise of commercial property defaults.. GE sells corporate bonds to FDIC -along with other corporations. Unemployment rates continue to climb month over month. Credit Card default rates show no signs slowing, show month-over-month increase! I could go on and on.

The reality is that the constant slapping sound that you are hearing, so much so that it has become a a non-stop din - those are the sounds of all of the collective shoes dropping all around you!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn

On that date a young boy turns 18 years old, the age of majority in the U.S, so his handlers will lose control over him without a new agreement. I figure they'll freak out.

What is this passage about?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Dude, considering everywhere you look there's the potential for huge negative happenings, guessing which shoe will fall and when is a fool's errand. Though I'm not going to carry it down the "foreign troops patroling the streets" extreme the one poster did, I agree that city/county/state budget shortfalls are a disaster waiting to happen. There's another wave of ARMs due to change rates (and presumably be defaulted on) quickly approaching. The CDC's comment about it being "too late to contain" this new swine flu and the very ominous manner in which their spokesperson almost seemed resigned to the idea it will be a pandemic isn't at all a good thing. "Experts" seem to be going into hyperdrive on the topic of a major earthquake occuring on the west coast soon (curious how they claim not to be able to predict them or spot pre-warning signs, yet they certainly have been indirectly hinting at a pending "big one" happening soon up here in the NW.). Pakistan is a powder keg, as is Iran/Israel. This stress test seems to be prepared to report some very negative findings. GM and Chrysler are almost kaput. Etc, etc, etc...

Only thing that's certain is that we're living in interesting times.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Its a long boring discussion, but its about how some people acquire Power in this world...by stealing it from someone else.

A child is the personal property of its parents...by inserting the child into the home of a powerful person, through the child, a parent (owner) can do two things, siphon power off from the powerful person and potentially exert influence within the house of a powerful person. The infiltrator can also provide information as to what occurs within the powerful person's home; otherwise known as spy. I imagine this is done quite often and easy to verify.

I've had quite a bit of success with determining likely future events not by looking outward but by paying attention to the things that are happening around me.

I've seen a young girl with her boyfriend, the boyfriend is a Khmer of Cambodian descent, the girl American, of Filipino descent. The Filipino girl has the power and the boy is being used by someone to exert influence over and spy upon her and her household. His relationship with the girl is being used to create a powerful and deceptive illusion; they've been dating for about 3 years now.

However, the boy is turning 18 years old sometime around May 22. Legally, he will cease to the a minor; thus whatever he was being used for will expire. I don't know how important of a piece he is, but last September when the young girl's sister's boyfriend turned 18, the global financial system collapsed.

I figure that the person who set up the relationship would have liked for them to be married by now, but the overall conditions have not been favorable for this event. They usually like to marry off a young girl before she turns 18 that way she passes from the property of her parents to the property of her husband, a smooth transition, but never will they let the girl be free unless it's not their call anymore. Things haven't been working well and the clock is ticking.

All the world players seem to be moving into place to perpare for their LAST moves (Somalia, Pakistan, Chad/CAR, etc.), just as I have been expecting to see for the last two months.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

I have also been hearing that. The only thing is, there is so much bad news to go around, there is plenty to choose from. If you notice the news, the government will take any scrap of positive news, such as a bad number, just not as bad as expectted, and turn it into great news. I have never seen , in my entire life, such ominous happenings just waiting to explode. Like I said, waiting for the next shoe to drop.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrpotatohead

I have also been hearing that. The only thing is, there is so much bad news to go around, there is plenty to choose from. If you notice the news, the government will take any scrap of positive news, such as a bad number, just not as bad as expectted, and turn it into great news. I have never seen , in my entire life, such ominous happenings just waiting to explode. Like I said, waiting for the next shoe to drop.

Well another shoe dropped, the flu (pestilence) we've been dreading.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Divinorumus

Does anyone else find it incredible that the government printed up billions in funny money to give to the crooks who got us in this mess to begin with, yet not so much as a couple hundred dollars to the taxpayers, the people who have to repay all that funny money? I find that fact alone to be tantamount to the REAL picture, that our governments have no intention of restoring its citizens to solvency. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about but it certainly looks like a red flag to me.

It's crazy because the Fed, which controls our money supply is a quasi private entity, controlled by the major banks. It doesn't take an MBA to figure out who they are going to look out for.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
i think you will have to wait another quarter to two

see the MSM financial channels are filled with analysts and experts who for the most part try to find "greater fools" who's money they (their advertisers) will take...combined with people's "wanting" to believe their 401k's will recover...this is almost too easy for them right now.....

.but NOW their is lot's of Q1 awful news priced into the markets....but a market recovery or at least stablization is expected in the second half .........when this doesn't occur.....(earnings recovery will not) then market will sell off.........it may take awhile because hope dies slowly...but....earnings reality won't be denied

The only "shoe" i could see dropping would be credit card lines of credit to consumers being cut this year"

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
or it could be the invisible shoe..........perhaps the PPT /banker's have had a hand in this latest rally ...or not...........and perhaps their inability to keep it going strong could be a shoe to drop.

think about Japan had come out and said they were buying stocks to try and prop up the MKT......now considering what washington is trying to do in order to make the administration look succesful......saying how awful things were when they got in (it was true though) and now taking advantage of a bear mkt rally.....by changing M2M rules and allowing financials to fudget their earnings a bit more (december wasn't included in many banks quarterly statements (for Q or Q1) and co-incidentely it was a "bad" month for them.....also AIG back door bailout gave banks "1" time earnings boosts.......anyhow with all the talk about a recovery coming i just wonder WHY the PPT woudn't buy stock futures and try to pump the market up especially at times like these when it could try and use that to legitamize administration talk of a recovery....

what you think

join