It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Torture (warning, graphic)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
MOD EDIT - EXTREMELY GRAPHICAL IMAGES LINKED - view with caution

There has been some discussions about the torture beeing commited by the US forces on the people they capture in their various wars around the world.
Some people try to compare the torture with some normal every day experiences like "basic training".

Personaly i think that these people have no clue what the impact of torture can be.
I like to adress to that that the torture beeing commited on these people is mostly not for just one week or even a month, like the "basic training" example, but there have been many reports on people beeing tortured for years and years.

The impression that is given in the recent discussion is that they only sprinkle some water on people and let some bugs into their rooms.
This is just deflection from the real activities.

There is a load of evidence that the torture tactics of the US forces is far more voilent than that and many people have been tortured to death.

Many people try to imply that psychological torture like sensory deprivation and sleep deprivation, for example, are fairly harmless.
This is very far from the truth.
If you study a little about these two examples you will find that these two tactics are very related to brain washing technics and can fairly easy drive a person insane for the rest of their lives.

But enough talk so far on the subject because i think people should see the evidence (again), pictures can speak a thousand words they say.
Here is a small selection of images from the various known US torture camps.
Personaly i think that these places are "the living hell on earth" and these evil deeds beeing commited there should be exposed as much as possible to show the world what kind of "freedom and democracy" these invading armies bring to the invaded countries.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24/4/09 by neformore]

edit on Wed Dec 10 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
If these creeps had murdered your son or daughter in cold blood, would you still weep for these sacks of scum? Torture not only can extract information, it serves as a deterrent to those that are thinking about committing cold blooded murder in the future. Let those pictures serve as a warning to others that think they have nothing to fear or loose when they murder the innocent in the name of whatever b.s. they believe and feel justifies their acts and actions.

More pictures to be release, eh? GOOD!

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Divinorumus]

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
O yes before i forget.
Many say that it serves these terrorists right to be tortured.
How do you know they are terrorists if they didnt get a fair trail.
They could be any body, like an inocent cab driver from kabul for example.
Or like these people in this movie "Road to Guantanamo : Trailer : Green-Band"

And lets not forget, the president of the US can crush any childs testicles when ever he feels it is needed.

01/08/06 "revcom.us" -- -- John Yoo publicly argued there is no law that could prevent the President from ordering the torture of a child of a suspect in custody – including by crushing that child’s testicles.

This came out in response to a question in a December 1st debate in Chicago with Notre Dame professor and international human rights scholar Doug Cassel.

What is particularly chilling and revealing about this is that John Yoo was a key architect post-9/11 Bush Administration legal policy. As a deputy assistant to then-Attorney General John Ashcroft, John Yoo authored a number of legal memos arguing for unlimited presidential powers to order torture of captive suspects, and to declare war anytime, any where, and on anyone the President deemed a threat.
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

The prisoners were crammed at gunpoint into large, oblong freight containers. When no more could be squeezed in, the metal doors were shut tight. Slowly they began to suffocate.

By the time the containers were opened two days later - at the end of the journey from Kunduz to Sheberghan - many were dead.

"There was no oxygen," said Maqsood Khan, a 26-year-old Pakistani from Rawalpindi. "We drank the sweat off our own bodies and off the dead men. Some drank their urine. Of 400, half were dead by the time we arrived."
www.telegraph.co.uk...

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
If these creeps had murdered your son or daughter in cold blood, would you still weep for these sacks of scum? Torture not only can extract information, it serves as a deterrent to those that are thinking about committing cold blooded murder in the future. Let those pictures serve as a warning to others that think they have nothing to fear or loose when they murder the innocent in the name of whatever b.s. they believe and feel justifies their acts and actions.

whats so funny is that many of them kill the innocent for the reasons you describe above of why we should be torturing them, becasue you both believe your senses of justice to be right

the irony in people who think they have it all figured out

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The American public needs to be shown these things, among other things our government keeps secret. Not to make us feel bad or guilty, but to make us angry at what the elites are having done in our name. The fact that our government has secrets, let alone secrets of this nature is treason against the people.

The Obama admin. is hopefully doing something about it... But how long does the process of fixing this policy take, and shouldn't it be a major priority to clear this up? Wouldn't it be politically smart to make a big deal out of the fact if they were actually doing something to change it??

I wish they would hurry up and quit torturing folks.

[edit on 4/24/2009 by nasdack24k]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
great post.
American style of "freedom and democracy" is really wonderful.
oh, I forget another beautiful word "human right"

link   

I think this whole deal is insane I do not believe sadists and deceivers have a right to life - I wish them ALL off the Planet!!!

These were "suspects" involved with 9/11, tortured into admitting a crime your own government executed! Shame

[edit on 24-4-2009 by HulaAnglers]

link   
What I find sad, is that we (the U.S.) is part of the Geneva Convention Rules for War or whatever you call it. When I served I thought that document was what made me feel a little safer if I was taken as a POW. Now I guess they have circumvented all of that, by saying these people are not prisoners of war or what have you. But that document said the only things I had to answer were Name/Rank/Serial Number. It just sickens me that our military takes these people to some remote island, where U.S. law doesn't apply and use these nasty devices in name of saving and protecting our soils. When you have military officers saying that these practices are inhumane and should be stopped, one would think that something is not right about it. How often do you hear of ANY country stealing our citizens (on our soil), transporting them to some unnamed place, and "interrogating" them for years? Just because we have the powers to do so, does that make it right???

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

First of all, how do you know that the people that are beeing tortured are not Inoccent ?
They never had a fair trail.
The could be your own children beeing "cold blooded " tortured.

Second.
If your child has been killed "cold blooded" do you go out and kill some one else his child "cold blooded" ?
That logic is very flawed.
Soon there would be no children left to be tortured is you follow that line of thought.

As far as i can see innocent people are beeing tortured by the US until it is proven they done something.

If you like to justify the torture of innocent people than go right ahead, i am just here to call it by the right name.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by jaamaan]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

So that the good 'ol democratic notion of 'innocent until proven guilty' doesn't apply in your world then? You have no way of knowing that these men were guilty, as they've never been put in front of a court.

Torture is against the US constitution. Period. Unless you do not respect the constitution?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
truly disturbing, makes you wonder if the information the U.S. got out (if any) was really worth the pain inflicted to these people...

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Ask any POW or anyone that has been tortured and they all will tell you exactly the same thing. You will sign any document or say anything to get the torture to stop. Torture does not now nor has it ever worked. Read some history of the Spanish Inquisition, Stalin, Hitler, Bush, and on and on. You will say or do anything eventually to save your life or the lives of your family. I would personally rather be shot and get it over with. There are many survivors of torture in the US and you probably have one for a neighbor. Ask them if they ever told the truth because of tortures that they received. Former army intelligence officers even say that they can make anyone confess to any crime given enough time via torture. Torture does not save lives but only demonstrates the cruelty of humanity.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Spare me the democratic notion and value of "innocent till proven guilty" garbage, kkthx. They are not entitled to our democratic constitutional notions and values being they are not U.S. citizens. They are however entitled to International provisions and protections.

I have few questions for you though: Does a militant extremist and/or terrorist consider you innocent till proven guilty before he/she pulls their vest cord and blow themselves up or has he/she already deemed you guilty by affiliation and thus are nothing to him but an infidel? Which is more humane, those who commit waterboarding or those who cut folks heads off because one is a Jew or because one is an infidel? If your child could be saved by the use of waterboarding, would you allow its use?

Here come the 'and', 'if', or 'buts'....

Expose more pictures, please, because quite frankly, despite the flaming that will ensue, they simply will reinforce my stance on the use of waterboarding, etc. Let it serve as a warning that there are those who will nullify your existence at any expense and care nothing for your democratic notions and values. Any means necessary to prevent the loss of life is my motto and opinion. Don't like it, keep spewing.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
So that the good 'ol democratic notion of 'innocent until proven guilty' doesn't apply in your world then?

What are you talking about, them terrorists do not come from a democratic nation. Such notions are foreign to them. We're those that were slaughtered in that 9-11 attack given a fair trial?

Torture is against the US constitution. Period. Unless you do not respect the constitution?

Well, amend the constitution then and lets get busy!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
reply to post by Nammu

Spare me the democratic notion and value of "innocent till proven guilty" garbage, kkthx. They are not entitled to our democratic constitutional notions and values being they are not U.S. citizens. They are however entitled to International provisions and protections.

I have few questions for you though: Does a militant extremist and/or terrorist consider you innocent till proven guilty before he/she pulls their vest cord and blow themselves up or has he/she already deemed you guilty by affiliation and thus are nothing to him but an infidel? Which is more humane, those who commit waterboarding or those who cut folks heads off because one is a Jew or because one is an infidel? If your child could be saved by the use of waterboarding, would you allow its use?

So because some people blow up the innocent you torture some "innocent"?
I think you lower yourself to their level and make yourself, or the government doing it for you, the new terrorists.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The real torture here is reading all the garbage about something that is far, far, from the definition of torture.

When and if obamassiah captures OBL perhaps we can question him during his "time-out".......for being a bad person.......

This entire torture issue is yet another diversion while obamasatan steals more freedoms and rights.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Any means necessary to prevent the loss of life is my motto and opinion. Don't like it, keep spewing.

Hey Seeker, I am wondering if I could be so bold as to put some words in your mouth:

"All soldiers of the US must now be aware that they will suffer harder at the hands of the enemy thanks to the actions of their government in using torture, BUT that is an acceptable evil, which the infantry must shoulder, to preserve American way of life. If they get drills inserted in their bones and flesh, it is so that "Others may live". Even if they feel more fear and pressure in the event of their capture, it is the correct path which we have chosen in being torturers because it will preserve our nation, though it may create hell for the average captured soldier. It is more important for us to create the atmosphere of fear for the enemy, than to make it easier on the actual fighting American soldier who risks capture."

Is that how you'd phrase it, more or less?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
The real torture here is reading all the garbage about something that is far, far, from the definition of torture.

Maybe have a look at the posted pictures and see that there is "far, far" more going on that just the sprinkeling of some water on peoples faces.
Have you read the memo about crushing childrens testicles ?
Maybe you could post "your" definition of torture so we can see if what you are saying is right, or wrong.

But i understand if you like to look the other way, it is "far, far" more easy i guess.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabster5
When I served I thought that document was what made me feel a little safer if I was taken as a POW.

Ah, now you see, I find that just sickening. "Sure, I'll go to war and KILL people, so long as I'm protected." In the meantime, you're dropping bombs killing innocent bystanders that have absolutely nothing to do with your conflict and anger.

Sorry, but war should be as ugly and as brutal as imaginably possible. If this were the case, how many people would volunteer to join any army to go out and slaughter people?

When a soldier pulls that trigger, are YOU shooting at someone that has been convicted and sentenced to death in some democratic court, hum?

Why don't all those that want to fight and kill and play war take their conflicts to some part of the world where nobody else lives and play your killing game there so the rest of us can live in peace, eh! This idea of trying to make war appealing and attractive through "nice" rules is disgusting, especially when your wars cause so much death to the innocent. Anyone with war and terror and murder in their heart aren't human in my book and I couldn't care any less about those kinds of people.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

What are you talking about, them terrorists do not come from a democratic nation. Such notions are foreign to them.

I suppose you forgot the guantanamo bay prisoners from UK and the US.
Or like i posted before, the people who went as tourists from the UK to a family wedding in afganisthan.

Your statement is very easy to be proven false.
Any more of those to justify this torture ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join