It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculation regarding the green movement.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I know there has been a lot of debate as to whether or not human activity is at the cause of global warming. Regardless of which side of this debate you're on, I'm reasonably sure we can all agree that human activity has some impact on the environment, and that we all would be doing good to each do what we can to lessen our personal impact as individuals.

But I also subscribe to a belief in the theory that the Mystery Religion is behind the NWO, and that the motive behind the goal of global population reduction is to make their elite lifestyles environmentally sustainable. IE they want us to live green so they can continue to live "brown" without the inevitable environmental devastation.

Simply put; what do my fellow ATSers think of the notion that the green movement is simply a media push to get the masses to accept a peasant lifestyle while the elite continue to enjoy a life of frivolous consumption?

Meanwhile, in case they can't get you to live green trough free will, they also manufacture a global economic meltdown. Leaving most of us no choice but to accept a reduction in our standard of living...

I saw this piece on the daily show from monday night with Lewis Black, and he pretty much hit the nail on the head by pointing out Wilmer Valderrama's hypocrisy...

here's a link to the segment:Daily Show Earth Day segment

It's an interesting comment about how celebrities and politicians advocate green lifestyles for the rest of us so they can justify driving gas guzzlers and have multiple, multi-million dollar homes to heat... As though telling others not to do the same thing somehow offsets the damage they're doing.

My cousin noted that all the while, we the peons will never make laws to force these elites to quit trashing the environment, because "this is the land of opportunity, and one day I might get a chance to have my own escalade, half a dozen quads and a dual-engine diesel yacht". I think He's right

I didn't mean for this to be a rant, but what do you guys think about this situation?

[edit on 4/24/2009 by nasdack24k]

[edit on 4/24/2009 by nasdack24k]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I think you have a point. Doesn't Al Gore's house use a lot of electricity and didn't he have some stupid justification?

What I think is stupid, and now I forgot what you call it, is when one company cleans up its act pollution wise, they can sell their "credits" to another company that won't clean up their act, and it then makes their pollution OK................now, did we get anywhere cleaning up our environment????

In my opinion I think global warming is a cycle the earth is going through, but we are not helping matters any.

The pollution is obviously an issue, I think it only shows that we are not using our resources wisely. If we really wanted to do things properly big business would be in trouble, $$$$$$.

Back to your point, it is kinda funny how the elite want us to change, and sometimes they try by looking like they care.......you may be on to something!

[edit on 4/24/2009 by Oolon]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
All pollution should be completely outlawed, as I have the Human Right to Life. We can completely replace all polluting products with clean ones. All we have to do, is make it law. If smoking can be virtually banned and taxed to death to save the health of a few bar-goers, then we should be able to outlaw all pollution to save the health and well-being of all of earth's creatures, including humans.

That means absolutely NO pollutants enter the natural environment. No genetically modified organisms can be in the natural environment (or their pollen, seeds, or spawn). The natural environment is EVERYWHERE, and nowhere can escape this law.

I am so sick and tired of irresponsible people and injustice toward my health, happiness, security, and liberty to live such a life, that I am encouraging the New World Order, simply to enforce sanity and responsibility. I hope freedom to pollute dies a horrible death, and the companies (people) who allow it to continue find poverty and bankruptcy. My planet is FAR too precious to be destroyed by the likes of YOU!

O-315

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is a post I made in a thread about a 'study' that found spam creates [insert random silly number] of C02 and the equivalent of one day without spam would be like taking 2.2million cars off the road.

Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I made a list of everything our new 'Green economy' could be taxing us for.

Let's keep a tally on the possible taxes for our new 'eco friendly' economy.

-We know companies are going to start being taxed heavily for their carbon foot print, also getting the lovely 'Carbon credit' system (which totally invalidates the purpose of it, but is a nice money maker.)

-If the companies are getting taxed for making our products, or our services, then obviously, the consumer will have to pay, we could see taxes based on the household's 'Carbon footprint'. This is a great money spinner, as at the moment, you have the choice of buying the cheap electrical goods, or the more expensive 'eco-friendly' products (I've seen TV's, refrigerators, freezers, dryers, cookers, Central heating, probably more). If you don't buy the more expensive model, you pay in taxes.

-I see Cars (and bikes, maybe even planes! Public transport?) as a major probability, each car will have a carbon rating, and you will be taxed accordingly, same may go for petrol (I may be wrong, but don't diesel's give off more CO2?).

-If they go this way with the internet, I see know reason why they shouldn't do it with the TV, although they are not trying to censor the TV, they already have (IMO). Either way, why not charge, if people are going to accept it.

There could be more, but I'm out, add them if you think of more!

Also, I think everything may go up in price anyway, as the 'offset' will be passed down to us to cover.

EMM

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Except for the fact that the Global Warming has been driven by scientists since the Rio Earth Summit in 1992 - the media have been on it for about oooo, 5 years.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Its a plot and not that hard to figure out.

It makes the victim guilty for using energy and goods
forced on them by the Illuminati law makers.

Not even laws yet but there will be.
Media savvy hucksters of the Illuminati are up to something
that will cost you and not them.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

I totally agree with you on the celebrities who say one thing and do another. I saw the Lewis Black segment on "The Daily Show" and wish he would run for president someday.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

I never thought about the ecological impact of spam email. I have wondered though, if there are actually people who manage to buy anything legitimate from a spam message.

I'm going to give humanity the benefit of the doubt and say there aren't...
What implications does that hold for the antispyware companies?

Also thanks everyone for the awesome replies. While I agree it's a good idea for people to live green lifestyles, I also believe indoor plumbing is a good idea as well...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasdack24k
But I also subscribe to a belief in the theory that the Mystery Religion is behind the NWO, and that the motive behind the goal of global population reduction is to make their elite lifestyles environmentally sustainable.

Not trying to split hairs, but if the people ultimately behind the NWO really belong to a mystery school of sorts (and I agree! it appears so), those same people would be ultimately working for our own benefit, not their own. Having said that, corporations, politicians, and all of the ignorant tools no doubt participate in all kinds of behaviors that are unbecoming of themselves, and serve to remind the rest of us why we should stick to the spiritual path.

The main thing I wanted to point out is that mystery schools do not teach "evil" things. They are all about personal empowerment, and genuine spirituality in the most natural and logical sense. The people we see on a daily basis on TV, all the crooks, are put before us on purpose. Those people all live miserable lives, though they may be fooled into thinking they are "elite."

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Simply put; what do my fellow ATSers think of the notion that the green movement is simply a media push to get the masses to accept a peasant lifestyle while the elite continue to enjoy a life of frivolous consumption?

I think you're right on the money with that statement. The elite are using the 'climate change' scare tactic to infringe upon every aspect of our lives and to tax us into serfdom. The 'green' movement is the anti-industrial movement.

TA

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I had a dream.
That if we went to the haunts of the elite we would find all the
inventions of Tesla being used for power, heat, travel and
communications.
They would be comfortable miles away from power lines
electricity and gas and gas stations.

To supply all these goodies they command oil takers and
Sun panel components and wind power and all the devices
they say we must have and to top it all off we must conserve
energy with their dangerous bulbs without a filament , the base
inevitably will burn up, and many other required things to do.

Yet there can never be a planned development for a
proper solution.
If there can be radio without power there can be a great many
power devices yet announced.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I wonder if they could produce some sort of photovoltaic paint, so you could paint something and voila! Instant solar electricity producing surface.

Then they could paint all the power poles and street lights with it and have a constant flow of power into the grid.. Could eventually go as far as to integrate it into the plastic insulation on all the new power lines...

I have seen flashing lights at school zone signs here in my town with solar panels on top, so I know at least someone is thinking along these lines.

Or could we also not have small wind turbines of some sort on the tops of power poles trickling power into the grid?

It just seems to me that with all those power poles, power lines, utility boxes, transformers, etc... There's a lot of surface area that could be used to collect sunlight, just on the infrastructure that makes up the grid itself.. And with all the poles and towers, it kind of seems like a waste not to be using them to harness the wind..

Just a few ideas

new topics

top topics

join