It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with what I saw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I'm assuming this is the best spot to post this.

I've been drinking but I know what I saw. Before anyone gets exited or angry let me just say that I live roughly 2 miles from a major airport so I watch airplanes every day and night, I think I know the flight patterns well enough and can recognize the flashing lights from very far away, I see it every day. I'm not trying to imply that this was an alien spacecraft or a secret government project. All I'm saying is that I'm used to seeing the same things everyday and this was something different.

So this is where I'll loose even more readers. Sometime between 4:50 am and 5:00 am EST I was urinating on my fence that faces roughly north and I was looking up, I always do. When you can go numer 1 outside, why waste the water inside. Anyway I see what looks like a really bright star roughly at what I guess would be slightly more than half way between if I was looking staight up and straight ahead. I focused on it because it was brighter than everything else. It was not an airplane or a helicopter, I see them all the time. It never flashed, it never blinked, there were no colored lights, it was a bright solid white light that moved from point A to point B in under 10 seconds.

I don't know how satalites look but I don't think they move that fast, I thought I read that they travel from horizon to horizon in around 7 minutes? The light I saw was way faster than that. Whatever it was, was traveling in the general direction of the airport but it was like nothing I've seen before. Does the ISS, or satalites move that fast? My first thought was to go grab my camera but it was moving so fast I knew I'd miss it.

The funny thing is that I'm not impressed with lights in the sky videos but that's exactly what I saw, a light in the sky. While not impressive by itself, putting it up against all the air traffic I'm used to, it's at the very least curious.

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I had a cheap little diagram I was going to show but my scanner is a pos, so I'll try to describe. Point A, in my first post, was where I first saw the bright object. Point B would end up being a few inches above the horizon, maybe around 5 to 6 inches to the right of where I first saw it, loosing sight of it beyond my neighbors trees and house.

This is probably a waste of time as, like many others I'm not a big fan of threads with no proof.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bigern

Was this last night? Me and about 10 or 11 friends at a bbq the other night, watched a really bright 'star' move across the sky in a perfectly straight line for a few minutes at high speed and then just fade out.. very confusing..

All I'd guess is that it was a satellite, the trajectory path of them and rate at which they'd pass I'd guess would vary completely from wherever you are on Earth so the 'standard' times etc for one passing could vary from location to location. With elevation of land taken into context etc

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Yeah it was last night, or early this morning, the 24th, depending on how you want to look at it. My first thought was that it was a satellite but I thought it was going too fast to be one. I guess I've seen my first satellite, cool.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Which of the following did it most closely resemble?

I saw some very similar to the two clips at 1:57-2:03

Welcome to the "I've seen a UFO but I've got no proof" club.

[edit on 14f20095amFri, 24 Apr 2009 07:34:41 -050041 by HiAliens]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Its difficult to distinguish though interesting as it is.

I thought I'd seen a ufo a few months ago, had a fairly big bright light a few miles away but from where I was it was huge, leaving a big trail of smoke too and then suddenly disappeared but only the other day I found out it was a plane coming down... was disappointed to be honest lol.

Seen several satellites dotted about though, and once you realise what you're looking for it'll be the first of many that you see!

Catch shooting stars quite often too..

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Pass of the international space station for the joker here.
Please disregard the airplane at the beginning. I think ISS is what you saw.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

That's exactly what I saw, only mine disappeared into the tree line rather than coming from it. Well I've always wanted to see the ISS now I have. Thanks for the help guys.

top topics

join