It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Community work for qualifications'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

'Community work for qualifications'

uk.news.yahoo.com

About 20,000 school-leavers will be given the opportunity to do community work in return for qualifications, under a new scheme launched by Gordon Brown.

The 16-to-19-year-olds will carry out full-time tasks such as helping with environmental projects and working in old people's homes.

The move is part of the Prime Minister's drive to boost Britain's culture of "good citizenship".

Mr Brown wants every young person to have done at least 50 hours of community service by the time they reach the age of 19 - and is considering making the work a compulsory part of the school curriculu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Here it is...forced labour camps....but with no camp...well, actually there is.. it's called Great Britain.

Great Britain, the NWO's training and testing camp.

Just what are we gonna do with all the new school leavers who have zip chance of getting a job and are most likely gonna turn on the government and police and cause riots and mayhem because they see no future.. oh, I know..let's make them do community service which is usually reserved for those who partook in criminal activity, like protesting.

You just gotta love the way they try to make it sound like something good is actually going on when they use terms like 'cleaner environment' or 'helping granny cross the road'... when in reality it will be 'this sewer needs cleaning' or 'empty the dog poop bins'

That is going to happen, remember Emmaneul Rham saying everyone from 18-25 years old will be going to a civilian national service program, which will be a bootcamp in military bases?.... Emmanuel Rham and Obama have mentioned, or hinted, in the case of Obama, that every American will be required to do some form of mandatory community service.

The Obama youth corps, which are reminiscent of Hitler's Youth corps, or even the youth corps in Communist countries which use, or used uniforms, and in the case of the Communist countries use red bandanas or some other bright red clothing on them, since red is the color of Communism for bringing death, and of course the Obama youths are using bright red jackets to show support for their Commander in Chief...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It’s time for a real Patriot Act that brings out the patriot in all of us. We propose universal civilian service for every young American. Under this plan, All Americans between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five will be asked to serve their country by going through three months of basic training, civil defense preparation and community service.

overlawyered.com...

This really is the start of labour camps and forced labour in the guise of 'helping'.. worded in a manner to make all the parents give their kids a kick up the butt to get them out of the house..and why? Because there is no work.. we have lost our ability to produce stuff.. we have come to the pinnacle of a developed nation ..we are now consumers and vacationers and that does not sustain the cyclical procedure of forced debt slavery. Now it is just pure and simple slavery.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I'm already doing something like that

New Deal. Anybody unemployed (whether by choice or not) gets put on this after 6 months.

They've pretty much got me working for the local council. Cutting grass, digging holes, cleaning up litter.

But its a 'Training Program' see, so they pay me about 62 quid a week, for 30 hours.
Its a bloody scandal.

I enjoy the getting out the house and doing stuff part, I hate being sat on my arse doing nothing.
I just don't like being made to work harder than the bosses who get fifteen upto 30 grand a year (depending how long theyve been there and their qualifications and stuff) for getting us to do their dirty work that they don't want to.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by selfisolated]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is a way to free and cheap labor disguised as community service.

It's happening here as well and I said this would occur years ago. I thought they would tie the free service and labor to paying down the debt but now I see their will tie it to community service.

First it will be a volunteer service where they will try to shame you as being unpatriotic if you don't do the service. Next it will be mandatory.

You don't have to do community service to serve you're country. That's just silly. Why are we paying taxes? Why is the government spending trillions of dollars?

I still say this will be tied to debt. There will not be enough jobs created to sustain all of this spending and some people might have to do "community service" to help pay back the debt as an excuse for cheap or free labor.

These people love free labor because the elites can live well while the average folks work like slaves.

Hitler started out as labor camps and that's why he was backed by business. This was a place to get free labor. The elites turned against Hitler when they found out he was a psycho.

Your serving you're country when you pay taxes and you have a job. You are serving your country when you consume because they collect taxes. You are serving you're country when you donate to charity or when you volunteer to do community service.

What I don't like about this is that people like Obama and Brown want people to serve the community in the way they see see things. People should be able to serve their country in the way they see fit not in the way Obama or Gordon Brown see's it. When you join the service you are doing service for you're country.

Why don't they serve us and stop wasting and spending trillions of dollars.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfisolated
I'm already doing something like that

New Deal. Anybody unemployed (whether by choice or not) gets put on this after 6 months.

They've pretty much got me working for the local council. Cutting grass, digging holes, cleaning up litter.

But its a 'Training Program' see, so they pay me about 62 quid a week, for 30 hours.
Its a bloody scandal.

I enjoy the getting out the house and doing stuff part, I hate being sat on my arse doing nothing.
I just don't like being made to work harder than the bosses who get fifteen upto 30 grand a year (depending how long theyve been there and their qualifications and stuff) for getting us to do their dirty work that they don't want to.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by selfisolated]

Well just do the best job you can do because that kind of work got Barack Obama elected as President of the USA so try to keep your chin up!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

which is usually reserved for those who partook in criminal activity, like protesting.

Since when is protesting considered criminal?

Seriously....since when?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

There are certain places you cannot protest.. like within a certain distance of Parliament. Never used to be like that. It's only been in recent years that this law was introduced.

I said that with sarcasm. If they had their way, then protesting would be criminal. Look how the police recently treated the protestors at G20.
Everyone was treated as though they were causing trouble. The extremely heavy hand of the law came down upon a relatively peaceful protest, in which one innocent man died.

TPTB want everything their way... or no way.. This community service is just another way for them to be in power, keep control and profit from your labour.
Gordon Brown has made it look like it is his idea and a new idea that will help everyone out and make our gardens grow with sweeet smelling roses, fluffy bunnies running around and rainbow butterflies fluttering on the summer breeze. It will only be like that for those who are above having to do community service.

Can anyone imagine the young son of a top banker being told to do community service? Do you imagine that the banker would allow that?

This scheme is designed for and aimed at everyone who cannot afford to be sent to a top school, college or university. I feel it has nothing to do with education but more to do with keeping the streets clear of those who would otherwise be known as undesirables or are likely to end up in trouble with the law.

As for it being made mandatory is yet to be seen. It may be that any 'trial' could be seen as a success and compulsory attendance might be the next step for all school leavers.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
What concerns me more than anything, is the number of countries doing things like this. The US just passed the GIVE act, and something similar is going on in Australia. At some point, will of these 'voluntary' service corps are going to be consolidated into the NWO Gestapo? Maybe i'm just being paranoid but large groups of government 'volunteers' in so many countries worries me.

TA

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Seeing as you mentioned the Gestapo, I thought this little bit of historical info rather apt;

the Hitler Youth had been created in the 1920's. By 1933 its membership stood at 100,000. After Hitler came to power, all other youth movements were abolished and as a result the Hitler Youth grew quickly. In 1936, the figure stood at 4 million members. In 1936, it became all but compulsory to join the Hitler Youth. Youths could avoid doing any active service if they paid their subscription but this became all but impossible after 1939.

by 1938, attendance at Hitler Youth meetings was so poor - barely 25% - that the authorities decided to tighten up attendance with the 1939 law making attendance compulsory.

www.historylearningsite.co.uk...

many HJ activities closely resembled military training, with weapons training, assault course circuits and basic tactics.

The Hitler Youth became active in German fire brigades and assisted with recovery efforts to German cities affected from Allied bombing. The Hitler Youth also assisted in such organizations as the Reich Postal Service, Deutsche Reichsbahn, fire services, and Reich radio service, and served among anti-aircraft defense crews.

en.wikipedia.org...

Makes you look at this 'new' community service in a slightly different light...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
"Service guarantees citizenship" -Starship Troopers

new topics

top topics

join