It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a suggestion (re: mud pit)...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Taking a look through the PMP recently, I had a thought... if I wanted to rack up points faster than a... well, than a guy that racks up points really quickly... I'd just start a thread whose premise is so utterly flameworthy (e.g. Abort Gay Fetuses! or I Hate Eskimoes!) that it would be guaranteed to generate fourteen pages of silliness.

We might see a decline in the number of such threads if points weren't awarded for posts in the Mud Pit; this may actually engender more intelligent discussion in the Politics and Scandals and War on Terrorism forums.

Just a thought, of course. I could be wrong, but if I am, it's because of those damn gay Eskimo fetuses...

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
My opinion ?

I may be new here but I feel that some of the most intelligent and passionate reading has come from the "mud pit" boards. I haven't read anything so far that would classify as post padding.

Actually I think that MORE points should be awarded, or at the very least no reductions. I always feel that passion and strong belief should be rewarded. And there's TONS of that in the "mud pit" forum.

From what I've read (and I've read quite a LOT) people seem to be at their most honest when posting in the "pits". This should definitely not be punished by withholding points, nor in any other way.

Just KayEms Kick-Ass opinion

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
"We might see a decline in the number of such threads if points weren't awarded for posts in the Mud Pit; this may actually engender more intelligent discussion in the Politics and Scandals and War on Terrorism forums."

These are the threads that I am interested in. AND they should be seperate of the PIT. BUT the Pit is there for a reason.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I don't think you can get points for posting on BTS, of which includes the Mud Pit.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Is a change in Moderators, well just one, you know who Im talking about.

There are so many more that are far more qualified to hold an adult conversation and yet provide a balance for Thomas Crowne. Lets kick the kids off the computer and get a real mod.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

There are so many more that are far more qualified to hold an adult conversation and yet provide a balance for Thomas Crowne. Lets kick the kids off the computer and get a real mod.

sounds like the talk of a repugnant!!

yeah, i'm definitely with you on that one. i think that that would be a helpful change.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
yeah, i'm definitely with you on that one. i think that that would be a helpful change.

Lets get this petition rolling.....

Get some other people and u2u me.

The revolution starts tonight.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

If you mean Colonel, then I am definitely on his side. He is passionate with his beliefs and I respect his opinions. I just wish he had been here today when my Mother-in-law was going on about how good Condi Rice is.

MIL: "She's a good woman - I wish she was President"
Pisky: "But she's an evil reptilian like Bush"
MIL: "You're British, what do you know about American politics".

Where is Colonel when his country (and mine) needs him ?

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Its always nice to be loved.

new topics

top topics

join