It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
More information regarding the young woman that died in Texas.

She was first seen by a physician April 14 and was hospitalized on the 19th. The woman delivered a healthy baby while hospitalized and stayed in the hospital until her death, said Lopez, who declined to give further details about the baby.

Houston Chronicle

I'm wondering what effect this had on the child. Would it be born with the virus or perhaps with an immunity to the virus?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Good question...

The standard "no response" was given...Hmmm

I would hope the baby made it, but, we may never know...

BUT the baby might hold the key to creating an anti-body...

Hence the "no response" no?

Officials: Cameron County Woman Dies From Swine Flu
www.valleycentral.com...

Swine Flu Milder Than Feared, But More Deaths Expected
www.webmd.com...

Hmmm...read some comments at the end...
Health Official: People Will Die From Swine Flu in Texas
Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 12:21 p.m.
www.valleycentral.com...

Officials give timeline in baby's swine flu death
www.valleycentral.com...
(per Burred_Dawg)

WRAPUP 7 New flu kills 2nd person in US, spreads globally
Tue May 5, 2009 10:36pm EDT
www.reuters.com...

The World Health Organization was monitoring the spread of the virus and said 21 countries have officially reported 1,490 cases. The United States has 403 confirmed cases in 38 states, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said, with another 700 "probable" cases. Canada has reported 165 cases.

nodler: my little brother is down with the flu and getting tested for h1n1. big sisterly maternal panic sets in...
less than 10 seconds ago from web

luvmy2girls07: agrees with hubby that the media have some nerve saying that H1N1 was no big deal since they started the panic in the first place.
1 minute ago from web

Back Door:
NYT: The government has determined that Bank of America will need $33.9 billion in capital, according to an executive at the bank.1 minute ago from web

Democrats maneuver to advance U.S. climate change bill
www.reuters.com...

[edit on 5/5/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Yes exactly ! That's what i'm talknig about, there are too many inconsistencies, they're flip flopping all over the place. Something's up

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

I just read something about a pregnant woman the other day that was a confirmed case. If it's the same woman, the other day they said they did a ceacasirian (sorry i know that's spelled wrong) and the baby was fine. If i find the article again i'll post the link.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well fellow posters/lurkers...think I'll relent to a Re-Gen session in the ol' alcove...

My poor ocular implants are burning big time from mass information assimilation the past few days...

Till tomorrow...

Swine flu developments: More deaths in Mexico, 1,689 confirmed sick worldwide
Updated: 05/05/2009 08:41:53 PM PDT
www.mercurynews.com...

First genetic analysis of swine flu reveals potency
www.newscientist.com...

sukiakisue: @zombielolita formerly known as the artist... swine flu
yes h1n1 lol
less than a minute ago from web

weerts1: Darn you Swine Flu! H1N1 has officially confused the heck out of Orbitz, thus making my life difficult for my trip to Uganda!
2 minutes ago from web

petersim: Damn howie mandel must be freakin out about swine flu
half a minute ago from TweetGenius

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Take care HX-3, enjoy your re-gen

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Well, I just saw something interesting on the news. I only caught the end of it. I guess some kid, Hayden Stout from Sandy, Utah is going to take an abulance across the U.S./Mexico border and bring medical aid, car seats, and helmets over there for a boy scout badge. What really interested me was when the reporter was standing by the ambulance, with the doors open. I clearly saw a box labeled "Baxter" when she was talking about medical supplies. Ever since hearing about the vaccine fiasco with that company, I'm suspicious of anything of theirs.

I couldn't find anything about it on the news website, which is kutv.com. I did find something about it =2019& cHash=3db4536f65]here. The picture on the website doesn't show the baxter boxes, though.

Might not have anything to do with the flu, but the baxter boxes caught my attention. They are supposed to leave for Mexico on the 13th. I think I'll keep a closer eye out on things after that date, just on the off chance that something odd might happen in the city they are going to.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hmmm...a must read???
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(per paxnatus)

El paso Texas: 7 confirmed cases in El paso Area 15-year-old boy at Socorro High School14-year-old boy at Socorro Middle School14-year-ol..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

3: Tech Scientists to wait before producing swine flu vaccine : Researchers will watch to see how the virus evolves before unleashing a..
less than 10 seconds ago from twitterfeed

ThunderUSA: Swine Flue (H1N1) reported in Oklahoma. Thousands getting sick. Panic in full gear widespread. STATE OF EMERGENCY
3 minutes ago from web

peterosbornuk: Yesterday saw a 37% increase in the number of swine flu h1n1 cases worldwide. his is large but not yet run-away pandemic
1 minute ago from web

mhchealthcare: No human cases of Influenza A (H1N1-2009) in Singapore. Our Disease Outbreak Response System Alert status remains at ORANGE
2 minutes ago from web

GOOD NITE !!!

[edit on 5/5/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I think we should all be alert for anything we may hear, (through the media, or people we know) for any talk of a high incidence of strep throat. I may be off about this, but i think one way that they may try to keep the numbers down is by saying people are infected with something else that has some similarity to the symptoms of this flu. Something like strep throat.

I just couldn't get the question of why they tested my granddaughter for strep throat off of my mind. She doesn't have the symptoms of strep throat. While i was looking up some info about strep throat i remembered something that Hx3_1963 had posted.

CIBOLO, Texas (Reuters) - When Hayden Henshaw came down with a new and worrying kind of influenza last month, he thought he had strep throat.

www.reuters.com...

One of the symptoms of this flu is a severe sore throat.

1 Children and adolescents between the ages of five and 15

2 Late fall, winter, early spring months

3 Clinical evidence of acute pharyngitis (redness and swelling in throat, white discharge on the tonsils)

4 Fever of 101 F to 103 F (38 C to 39.4 C)

5 Large and tender lymph nodes in the neck

6 Absence of upper respiratory infection symptoms, such as runny nose, nasal congestion, and cough

Some clinical studies suggest that if all six of these points are present, then the likelihood of strep throat may be up to 85%. Your doctor may decide if testing is necessary based on these or other clinical factors.

www.medicinenet.com...

Now in my granddaughter's case only the first two points were present, and those two points alone are no where near enough for a doctor to suspect strep throat. Especially since 3,4,and 5 were not there at all.

And according to this (#6) they should not show any signs of upper respiratory infection at all. She has nasal congestion, runny nose and a slight cough.

And the doctor wrote on her return to school note that she was seen for upper respiratory symptoms, which is one of the symptoms that they alerted us to concerning this flu.

Also when i told my son what the doctor tested her for when he came home from work he said that all of the girls in the office at his job were all told that they had strep throat, but they had flu symptoms when they went to the doctor.

So why test a child for strep throat when they show no symptoms of that illness ?

Did they really take a throat culture to run a strep throat test, or are they really running a flu test and keeping it from us ?

I'm wondering if they are going to start labeling these flu cases as strep throat cases to keep the numbers down

Or maybe one of the secondary infections that result from this flu is strep throat and they heven't told us that.

I understand that it may seem that i'm making more of this than there is, but it just doesn't feel right that they tested her for strep throat when she has no symptoms

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Well I agree! We do need to keep our eyes open, and this is a good place to get questions answered, and answer them too!

Hummm...about your grandaughter, it is really hard to say. I know there is strep throat usually lurking at this time of year! And sometimes when immune systems are stressed, we can end up with an over run of strep.

I know I read somewhere that the CDC issued guidelines for testing, and part of the guideline is based on the area, and proximity to the virus, along with the symptoms. I also think right now, as we discussed earlier, they are putting less emphasis on the flu and children...for whatever reason!

Edit to add; I think they should have tested her for the flu. Especially considering the first article you posted! And about the strep test, yes there are at least two kinds of test. One is a quick test, and one is a culture. So if they say the results will take two days, sounds like a culture. Maybe that is good, if she is still sick ask for a flu test.....and sorry for your experience....know it must be frustrating!

[edit on 6-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
After spending a weekend in viral Hell, I seem to be on the road to recovery. Still have a cough, fortunately, it doesn't hurt anymore! And a moderate case of head congestion.

Not much worse than a decent head cold, and getting better.

Went to doctor's again today to make sure everything's good. Still no infection protocols taken. Still no cultures taken. Tempurature was sub-normal, 98.2.

X-rays showed no evidence of pneumonia. But I did get a prescription for a scarey powerful antibiotic, something called Avelox.

After reading the Medication Guide and the possible side effects,
, I think I might just let the old antibodies fight it out on their own for a few days first.!

Yikes!

What's with this trend prescribing medications that are as lethal as the diseases they' re supposed to cure?

Whatever happened to "First, Do No Harm"?

Do Oathes mean nothing anymore?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

One of the main secondaries they have been reporting is respiratory distress (bacterial bronchitis) and atypical pneumonia. They may have done the test just to make sure she really wasn't heading for it.
Just be sure to keep an eye on her breathing. They had a reason for wanting to test her for strep and most time's it is the visible presence of bacterial infection. Also having her rinse her mouth with warm baking soda water wouldn't hurt. ( about 1 teaspoon to 8 ounces of warm water)

( I have had so many of those darn gagger test's it isn't funny. I have lung damage from a toxic infection that almost killed me 12 years ago and epilepsy. So when I get sick my doctor freaks out and out come the swabs!
)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Glad to hear you're better, i was starting to worry about you, hadn't seen you post since the other day.

I agree with you about the meds. Try some herbal supplements they usually work pretty good.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Huff-Post says something about a Philappine Health Minster being leary about coming to the UNITED STATES. Anyone else hear such forth-spewage?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Thanks.

The doctor said she has no signs of infection at all. Not even any redness of the throat, or swollen glands, nothing. Although she did spend a lot of time intently listening to her lungs (longer than usual) as if she heard something. I thought she was gonna tell me she had a lung infection, or she was wheezing or something the way she kept going back and forth, but she just said allergies, so why test for strep

I made sure they gave me a scrip for the medicine for the nebulizer just in case she starts wheezing. We're all asthmatic and she was born with it, so the doctor had us be very aggressive with breathing treatments and such when she was a baby in an attempt to prevent her from having it all her life, now she only wheezes when she's sick.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Ok i think maybe i didn't make my point clear enough.

First they said this was a major concern, close the school, etc. Then the numbers went down or stayed the same.

Now today the numbers jumped again(at least here they did). And then they open the schools back up

But as you pointed out ... "they will still pull a jet off of it's travel route, call a CDC investigation team, ground the plane, pull off the sick, quarentine them...but kids can go to school? "

I'm not upset that they didn't check her for the flu, because i don't thnk she has the flu, i'm concerned as to why they checked her for strep throat. She has no symptoms of strep throat, her throat is not red or swollen, no white discharge on her tonsils, her glands are not swollen or tender, she has no fever, and she does have upper respiratory symptoms. It really makes no sense to test her for strep.

We all know that they've said they are no longer going to test unless someone is hospitalized with severe symptoms ( at least here in Illinois) I think they may be lying about that .

What i'm getting at is i believe they took a throat culture under the quise of testing for strep, and they're gonna tell me that was negative and keep the results of the flu test to themselves. Did i mention in my previous post that they took two throat cultures ?

Anyway call me paranoid but i think they are going to test people without telling them what they are being tested for, because right now it does not seem to be affecting us here in the US as severely as it did those in Mexico. and they think they can safely get away with it.

Edit to add;
Just to clarify they didn't do a quick test, both throat swabs were put into containers and sent to the lab. That's what makes me so suspicious, why two swabs for the lab

[edit on 5/6/2009 by chise61]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Hello again all, still waiting for a reply from the hospital for a reaction to their infection control situation.

Absolutly no mention of swine flu or any other illness in our local news,so hey, it must all be over and I am worrying about nothing!!!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I'm updating for my own state, there have only been 6 confirmed cases of the swine flu in Maine, the last time I read about the swin flu was last weekend, and now it's not in the local news. One school closed and a daycare, about an hour away from me. One of the things I am concerned about right now, one of my daughter's teacher is out of school, and has been sick for a week. My son's teacher recently left school because she is sick?? They also sent home a H1 info fact sheet that if anyone has been tested positive for the Swine flu they will not hesitate to close the schools down for 7 days. I am wondering what has happened to my daughter's teacher?? She's been our for 5 days now. The even canceled their school play because of this! Now my son's teacher has been out of school for two days? I am concerned. Anyone else's kid's teacher been out and no one knows why?? I just find it very strange??

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Good morning, all. Here are some updated numbers for us to be confused with:

6 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 6 May 2009, 22 countries have officially reported 1516 cases of influenza A (H1N1) infection.

WHO Update 17

Total number of infected, suspected, dead, and quarantined globally 5209 per RSOE Pandemic Monitoring.

403 confirmed infected in US per CDC.

Total number infected, suspected, and dead in US is 1231 per Flutracker

Real numbers=Anybody's guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join