It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I have been reading that the cases in TX, Cali dont link together and now NYC, and other mysteries of this virus. Maybe more time is needed

Is it possible that if a group of people wanted to harm North America they could position themselves in popullated areas and infect themselves in an attempt to pass it on?

That would not be cool

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Nah,just look around...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Some viruses just die out suddenly.

However, in the case of something like this I doubt that it would be contained to North America.

Hitting North America intentionally with a hammer that will bounce back and hit you on the forehead hard isn't exactly likely.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
A little history lesson to make people aware that this, even if it dies out in the next month, CAN still come back & be stronger whenit does.

The Spanish Flu (1918 Influenza) first appeared in the US in early march 1918, while a few people became sick, it was close enough to summer that the flu virus went "dormant" as it tends to do during the hot months.

But in August of 1918, it came back stronger than it was in March.

Between August 1918 through 1920, the virus spread all over the world, literally, even into the arctic regions.

Of those infected, between 2 & 20% died.

If the numbers coming out of Mexico are correct, we are already looking at a 6-7% mortality rate there. And, just like the 1918 strain this one attacks relatively young, healthy adults, as opposed to regular flu strains which attack the very young and very old.

This strain is confirmed to be a H1N1 type strain, just like the 1918 virus, which also means that besides just getting sick there is a potential threat of a cytokine storm, which is the mortal blow.

A cytokine storm is when the body's immune system goes into a positive feedback loop with elevated cytokine levels triggering immune cells (T-Cells and macrophages) to travel to the infected tissue, then triggering more cytokines in the blood stream, then triggering more immune cells.

As a probable airborne infection, this positive feedback loop would occur in the lung tissue, causing the lungs to become inflamed and filled with fluid at the same time.

Basically, you own immune system causes you to drown in your own body fluids.

Now, NONE of this may happen, this strain may fade out and not come back, but, it might spread, it might go dormant over the summer & then come back with a vengeance.

Your best bet is to be aware and be prepared. Stay healthy, stay clean, and WASH YOUR HANDS often!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
reply to post by Aeons

Nah,just look around...

Ah. Well, stir the crazy people and the I'm-too-sensible-to-be-crazy pot then. Have fun.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
And just to add to the tinfoil content
Remember, the first cases showed up in Mexico in April. Well so did President Obama

Focus is on goodwill as Obama visits Mexico

Anyone have any Mexico news to show that this virus was already there BEFORE Obama's visit???

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by Blaine91555

You're absolutely right, it might be completely natural - probably is.

But funny, it's coming from the closest and most ill-managed country in our region, one which is on the verge of anarchy and which, despite out-right demands by much of our citizenry, has a border that is utterly out of control.

...And let's not forget just six weeks ago ATS was in an uproar about how Baxter mixed samples of the most deadly strain of flu in their vaccine samples.

...And how Ft. Detrick is currently inventorying their biological specimen samples after it was found that samples of Venezuelan Equine Encephalitis turned up missing. Did I mention that 21 horses (just so happens they're from Venezuela) keeled over in a mysterious episode last week?

But you're right, probably just us crazy tin-hattys worrying too much.

Edit: Or what Hx3 said....

This is an uptdate from Bloomberg...so strange!

“All they did was panic us by canceling school,” Rodriguez, whose 2-year-old daughter Itzel was allowed to stay at a government-run nursery today because she had been vaccinated. “Cancelling a day of school isn’t going to slow this down. We should all be getting vaccinations.”

No Vaccine

There is no vaccine against the new strain of swine flu, health authorities said.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I am much more concerned with the potential of political action,emergency declarations and such,than becoming infected.

The media coverage is pretty massive,I heard of this from others ,and do not watch TV myself.

People are getting spooked,and they were/have been primed in the past few years.

I fear their response if they are actually convinced that they are in any real danger.

Nobody lives forever except in america.

Nobody dies here,..except celebs of course...do they?.

Anyway.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This new 'odd' Virus is a triple threat variety. VERY rare. You almost never see it--except in labs.

Would be a nasty way to end the little drug-war and border issue, eh?

I would hope that's not what happened, but you never know.

Everyone should be watching this very closely and be prepared. (buy some good 3M N100 or N95 masks with a particulate absorption of at least 0.3 microns.) good to have 'just in case'.

I would worry more about what the next mutation of this virus...

[edit on 4/24/2009 by Pharyax]

[edit on 4/24/2009 by Pharyax]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

That's exactly what I was thinking about. Yes he was here and then the pandemic hit. Right in Mexico city where he was. Sounds kinda fishy, and no there's no news on the flu being here before he was here. I can't find anything in www.elnorte.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
This strain is confirmed to be a H1N1 type strain, just like the 1918 virus, which also means that besides just getting sick there is a potential threat of a cytokine storm, which is the mortal blow.

A cytokine storm is when the body's immune system goes into a positive feedback loop with elevated cytokine levels triggering immune cells (T-Cells and macrophages) to travel to the infected tissue, then triggering more cytokines in the blood stream, then triggering more immune cells.

Exactly! Even if (not at all likely this is an organic jump/mutation it is still a concern...

The 1918 pandemic strain [which killed up to 100 million people --
GWF] has polymorphism from swine and human H1N1 in all eight gene
segments. Similar swapping of polymorphism in human co-infected with
season and swine H1N1 can lead to rapid evolution. Therefore, release
of both sets of sequences, as well as new sequences, which will likely
be detected in the near term in the United States and Mexico, would be
useful.

groups.google.com...

[edit on 24-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Don't jump to conclusions about anything,remember that most of the information that you have to process is at least third hand.

You know what you have to do to protect yourselves,it is all common sense,wash your hands,avoid places where there are a lot of people...

Shouldn't really be a problem for people that are being forced to be frugal for economic reasons like many are,and only a small adjustment for those who aren't..

Good to be watching,but make sure you are looking the right way while you do.

I think it is more propaganda than anything else.

Other than that...don't let it stress you much.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Firstly, I'm from Tijuana, Baja Cali. and this info makes me consider a few facts. So, I believe that the only way a virus can only be spread out so quickly from one day to the next(not to mention in specific densely populated areas)is by via ''Chemtrail''. I suggest researching these so called chemtrails. It's highly probable there might be some connection with these sudden fatal virus outbreaks. Maybe part of a N.W.O. scheme?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This is an excerpt from the L.A. Times... I find this to be more accurate than most generic artilces...as L.A. is Close to home as Mexico goes, and there is a working relationship between the two places.

Here they report that there are 12 cases that are genetically the same...

Canadian laboratories have confirmed 18 of the Mexican cases as swine flu and have found that 12 are genetically identical to the swine flu virus found in California, according to the Pan American Health Organization .

"It is really critically important that we learn more about what is going on in Mexico," Besser said. "Sorting out which of the cases are caused by swine flu is an important public health question. . . . There is much uncertainty, more than anyone would like."

www.latimes.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sir.212

The NWO is the Old World Order,just study how it was when Kings and Queens ruled their surfs and subjects.....

Without the resources,researching Chemtrails would do nothing other than to make yourself look like a tinhatter,which many do.

If you want to find the truth,you would probably find that you have much more available resources on hand than you think you do.

Life is one giant learning experience,do your research carefully,and make sure your results are repeatable.

You may just want to keep what you discover to yourself.

Just my 00.02

Or not,your call....

I have all the respect in the world for those who would seek the truth for selfless purposes.

The most difficult part of seeking truth is to remain selfless.

To find the truth without gaining anything but that knowledge.

Nevermind,I'm drunk..........

[edit on 25-4-2009 by chiponbothshoulders]

[edit on 25-4-2009 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Just for fun, I wanted to throw this out there for you all...

But, here you go, they are recruiting for human test subjects!!

A Study to Evaluate the Safety of a New Version of the FluMist Vaccine
clinicaltrials.gov...

This aughta be interesting.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I just made a midnight run to the Super Walmart.

They have N-95 masks for 2/$4.00. They don't hold many in stock, as they don't sell many.

Vitamin C, chewable for the kids, antibacterial handsoap, and bleach.

Just this past January, a friend of mine (since grade school) died of SARDS. It was a complication due to the flu, and the doctors are baffled to this day. He was a teacher in in Chicago Public schools, for what it's worth.

He got sick on a Sunday, checked into the E.R. the following Monday (8 days later) was dead by Thursday.

I'm not taking chances.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Ok first you need swine flu variant that passes to humans somewhat rare.on that farm you need h5n1 variant that passes to humans rare again.Then the farmer's children bring home some good influenza A they all mix together swap random genes (or not so random
)odds are slim that any viable vector would ever come of it.Multiply that by 10,000 still slim odds.finding out the lineage of the precursor viruses will be interesting to say the least.odds are bin has his bio lab stocked with all the best gear and minds to go with that.anyway hope this all blows over as media hype.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

I think Lowes knew people were going to be doing this. I used all of my N95 masks doing various Dremel projects and went to pick up some more Thursday night (the original few threads here about this reminded me I was out).

I usually spend at least an hour looking for what I need at Lowes as I hate asking the employees because they always want to talk to you for an hour about what you're there for.

Anyway, I went in figuring I'd be there 40+ minutes just for the looking portion of the trip. Right across from the front door was a HUGE display with every kind of N95 mask they carry.

So I bought a few boxes. And some ear plugs and a small baggie of cabinet hinges. I didn't want them to think I was a crazy doomsdayer.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste; it’s an opportunity to do important things that you would otherwise avoid.”
— Rahm Emanuel

So, I'm seeing immigration reform, health care reform and/or a refinement of Homeland Security strategies for martial law as possible beneficiaries of this drama, real or contrived.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join