It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I did send my daughter to school, mainly because she can't afford to miss any more, but also because I posted some simillar comments from an article yesterday. This wave does seem to be "mild" here in the US. Of course we could be being misled on that as well. If catching the flu this time around makes it less likely to get its deadly cousin in fall, I'd also rather catch it now. It just upsets me to see the total lack of logic the school system is using this time.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Somone was asking about the correlation between a Alert Level 6
at WHO. These links should cover that.

This is a link to the WHO Pandemic Actions by Phase

It is a two page pdf file with the first page being the Alert Chart, the second page is the Actions by Phase.

Here is a link to the U.S. Government Federal Response Stages.
www.pandemicflu.gov...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Interview with Richard Besser, director of the CDC... 10 minutes ago on NBC.

A leading U.S. health expert said Monday that while "there are encouraging signs" of a leveling off in the severity of the swine flu threat, it's still too early to declare the problem under control.

"I'm not ready to say that yet," Dr. Richard Besser, acting director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said when asked about indications by Mexican health authorities that the disease has peaked there......
.......Besser said that "we are by no means out of the woods."

"In previous pandemics," he said, "there have been waves and you don't know what this virus is going to do."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Today's update from CDC. There are 60 more US cases confirmed than yesterday.

Alabama 4
Arizona 17
California 30
Colorado 7
Connecticut 2
Delaware 20
Florida 5
Idaho 1
Illinois 8
Indiana 3
Iowa 1
Kansas 2
Kentucky* 1
Louisiana 14
Maryland 4
Massachusetts 6
Michigan 2
Minnesota 1
Missouri 1
Nebraska 1
Nevada 1
New Hampshire 1
New Jersey 7
New Mexico 1
New York 73
North Carolina 1
Ohio 3
Oregon 3
Pennsylvania 1
Rhode Island 1
South Carolina 15
Tennessee 1
Texas 41 1
Utah 1
Virginia 3
Wisconsin 3

TOTAL 286

CDC

ETA: Just wanted to add that these numbers are not precise. My state government has confirmed 43 cases not 41, and I'm sure the other states are simillar.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Cameoii]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Mexico lowered its health alert level Monday, citing improvements in the battle against swine flu.

The level was lowered from red, or "high," to orange, or "elevated."

Mexico lowers swine flu alert

My opinion: Mexico's numbers in this outbreak have been less than trustworthy up to this point. I don't trust that they are leveling off now. I think this is more in reaction to their huge economic/trade losses and public opinion than any real success against this flu.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sorry for all the posts in a row. I'm just trying to do my part!

As of right now, WHO has received reports of 1003 confirmed cases of H1N1 influenza from 20 countries on four continents. I wish to thank all countries reporting H1N1 cases to WHO for their cooperation and transparency.

The world is in phase 5 now. This means that we need to maintain a high level of vigilance and monitor further international spread of the virus, and further spread in countries that are already reporting cases.

We do not know how long we have until we move to phase 6, which indicates we are in a pandemic. We are not there yet. The criteria will be met when we see, in one region outside North America, clear evidence of community-level transmission.

H1N1 influenza situation update from WHO

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
#Canada, Prince Edward Island: First Two Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported in Province; One Infected Through Local Transmission
7 minutes ago from web

#UK, London: Two new influenza A (H1N1) cases from community-transmission identified in two school aged siblings. #
9 minutes ago from web

#US, Idaho: First case of influenza A (H1N1) confirmed by CDC in Kootenai County resident who had travelled to Texas. #swineflu
24 minutes ago from web

#US, Florida: Health Officials Confirm Two Influenza A (H1N1) Cases in Lee and Pinellas Counties; Statewide Total Reaches Five #swineflu
28 minutes ago from web

twitter.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
#New Zealand, Auckland: An Additional Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed Case Reported; On Same Flight As Rangitoto School Group
5 minutes ago from web

#New Zealand: Two new influenza A (H1N1) cases confirmed; nationwide total reaches six confirmed cases.
34 minutes ago from web

Revolution, flashmobs, and brain chips. A grim vision of the future

www.whale.to...

population reduction has been a leading goal of Rockefeller, Kissinger, and other global elite for many years. You may be wondering; How will the elite fulfill their plans for global population reduction? There are many theories as to how this will be done, and speculation abounds. Race specific bio-weapons, as written in the Project for a New American Century, "

nationalexpositor.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 4-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Where do you get these running up-dates? I would like to follow them myself if possible. If you posted this a long time ago I apologize! I've been keeping up but missed the link somewhere along the way..

Many thanks for the hard work!
FMF

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

Here you go...these links, they do get buried! IT is about time to repost!
Thanks for asking!

Veratect on Twitter

Twitter Breaking News

World Health Organization Alert Level

This is a link to the WHO Pandemic Actions by Phase

RSOE EDIS Pandemic Map

Sky News Live TV

2009 H1N1 Google Outbreak Map *Very Good Map*

BioSurveillance Updated Statistic Chart

Keystone article in understanding the concept of an engineered virus.
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
CDC press conference at 1PM ET on H1N1 Flu Investigation. More info: is.gd... #swineflu

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Mexico: One Fatal Case and 137 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Reaches 26 Confirmed Fatal and 727 Confirmed Cases.

Mexico, Tlaxcala: One Additional Fatal Case and Three Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed.
5 minutes ago from web

US, Colorado: Two additional cases of influenza A (H1N1) confirmed in Eagle and Jefferson Counties.
12 minutes ago from web

US, California: Sonoma County resident is confirmed with influenza A (H1N1) after traveling to Mexico
20 minutes ago from web

Alabama: CDC confirms three new influenza A (H1N1) cases among students in Madison County (2) and Montgomery County (1).
21 minutes ago from web

twitter.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Everyone remember Bidens comments about flying or taking the subway?

Then the DHS has an unscheduled news conference refuting what VP Biden said stating it is safe to travel........

Then the next day or so a plane from Germany bound for NY makes an emergency stop in Boston for someone aboard showing flu symptoms.......

Remember what the media showed us......??

Well this is what really happened........The plane did an emergency landing at Boston due to several passengers showing signs of flu symptoms. The plane was parked on the tarmac and it did not come to the gate......Health officials boarded the plane taking everyone's temperature........Eight people were removed from the plane and placed in ambulances and were taken away..........

The remaining passengers were removed and placed on a non-commercial flight bound to NY.........

This is first source information from a police officer on the scene........(relative of an employee)

This is not quiet the information we received in the media is it???

Not sure what happened to the 8 passengers........Can anyone add info to this??

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

This article seems to be the main one...mentions one passenger who was resposible for the "flu stop". Amazing...

“Out of an abundance of caution, we contacted the CDC, who advised us to divert the flight to Boston, where the plane was met by paramedics, who tended to the customer,” McCarthy said.

www.bostonherald.com...

Edit to add additional story:
www.boston.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

That's perfect! Thanks again!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

As always sources need to be verified here on ATS.......I wish someone else could post info that colaborated the police officer's report.........From the picture it looks like there were many officers standing by............The Boston report is completely different from the officer's report............maybe not to panic the public??

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

You are welcome!

Latest article from Alex Jones...
WHO takes a page from a Michael Crichton Novel
Flying Pigs and the WHO: Flying Pigs, Tamiflu and Factory Farms Part II

www.infowars.com...

#Canada: New Brunswick: One New Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Second Confirmed Case Reported Provincially
2 minutes ago from web

#Canada, Alberta: Six New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; One Case Described as "Severe" and Was Hospitalized
3 minutes ago from web
twitter.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Still looking around...here is another few sources of articles...
www.msnbc.msn.com... Video too!
www.abc.net.au...
cbs5.com...

Latest update from CDC Full Update 05-04-2009

www.cdc.gov...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Swine flu cases spread across US
news.bbc.co.uk...

Mexico to begin lifting flu curbs
news.bbc.co.uk...

WHO chief: Flu viruses are unpredictable with Video
news.bbc.co.uk...

H1N1 Swine Flu Widespread in U.S.
CDC: 'Virtually All the U.S. Has This Virus Circulating'
www.webmd.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
# US, California: State health officials confirm two cases of influenza A (H1N1) in Riverside County

twitter.com...

Worried about swine flu, heath officials close O.C. school
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join