It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hmmm...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
(per ecoparity)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
for anyone interested i started a thread to post some quotes associated with the whole swine flu outbreak.

please add what you think should be there and what could be part of this crazy puzzle.

They Said It : Official Quotes Reguarding h1n1

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
CNN Turk: A suspected victim of H1N1 has died at a hospital in the southern Turkish province of Antalya.4 minutes ago from web

WHO urges more flu surveillance in humans and animals
www.reuters.com...

Canada pig flu case shows need for surveillance
www.reuters.com...

WITNESS - The flu scoop that scared me
www.reuters.com...

FACTBOX - Measures in North, South America against flu
www.reuters.com...

FACTBOX - Measures against new flu in Europe
www.reuters.com...

The government will charter an Aeromexico airliner in the coming hours to take home any Mexicans who want to leave China.33 minutes ago from TweetDeck

test El Salvador: Two Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; First Confirmed Cases in Country: Date: May 04, 2009 03:49 UTC..34 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Lucerne: Canton's First Suspected Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Isolated: Date: May 04, 2009 03:36 UTC Risk: Low Neue Luzerner ..34 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test New York City: First Three Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified Not Related to St. Francis Preparatory School in Quee..34 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Long Island: Local Authorities Identify Three Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 04, 2009 03:15 UTC Risk: Mediu..35 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Great...Input:
(per ecoparity)

Public informational hearing on H1N1 flu
www.wrn.com...

Fuax news is showing updates on Trans-Mutation...

Playing off as Pooh-Pooh...

quote H1N1 virus?!? Hmmm..they have no idea now...great

[edit on 5/4/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

from your posted article...

Trends?

MEXICO * Emergency decree granted the government power to isolate sick people, enter homes or workplaces and regulate air, sea and land transportation to try to stop further infection.

UNITED STATES

* Declared a public health emergency. President Barack Obama said it was a "precautionary tool" that would give health officials resources needed to respond quickly and effectively.

www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I just talked with one of my old friends who moved to southern Utah a few months ago. He said that many of his friends here in the city I'm in (Northern Utah) are sick with the flu. When I asked him about them, he said they hadn't been to a doctor, and he was obviously not worried about it at all and said I was worrying too much even after I mentioned the pandemic alert level and the fact that my mother and the others at the health department were worried.

Sigh... I'm going to be especially careful now that I know just how many cases there might be here that aren't known about by the media. Definitely bringing my mask to school tomorrow.

There is some good news, though. I went to the capital to see Wicked yesterday. I had my mask ready to put on if anyone around me was coughing, sneezing, or otherwise being sick. No one at all coughed during the whole thing. Either the sick ones stayed home, or it hasn't hit Salt Lake City yet.

And yes, I know going to see the production was a foolish thing to do, but it was worth possibly getting sick for. It most likely was the only chance I had of ever seeing it. We don't get much broadway here in Utah.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by AquilaCat]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Ahem...follow this for a few...

Suspected swine flu victim dies in Turkey: report
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AquilaCat

Good for you! Life still has to have meaning and purpose!
We need to take each day for what it gives!

Tehehe...Wash your hands afterwards!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Hello!!

I lost BBC News UK and Sky News... what a mess only reading the wires... Other TV stations are slow and unreliable 6 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Hmmm...
Dead Turkish patient not swine flu victim-hospital
www.reuters.com...

Calif. halts prison visits due to H1N1
ow.ly...

H1N1 Virus in Louisiana
www.thenewsstar.com...

I just love watching the MSM...laughing...what...HA Ha

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Children Especially Vulnerable to A/H1N1 Virus
blogs.wsj.com...

You know i was reading this and one thing in particular caught my attention. They say that children seem to be more vunerable, then say that the median age is 17. I wish they would have done the chart in five year groups instead of ten I would like to see how many affected in the 0-9 group are between the ages of 8-9.

Anyway what i was thinking was, could it be possible that the reason they're more vunerable is because many of them are going through puberty, and their body's are in the process of major change ? Some children hit puberty as young as 8 or 9. Let me know what you think, You too BTS.

Thanks for the video, i was trying for something similar it was a boy sticking his tongue in his nose, YUCK

And your posts are great
Great links, and the ocassional laugh does us all good, it keeps me sane through all of this

Take care and please get some rest.

On a personal note my grandaughter is still not feeling well. I've been having her gargle with antiseptic mouthwash, drinking hot lemonade, elderberry tea, throat drops with tons of vitamins and herbs in them, and lots of vitamin C. Hopefully it's not this flu thing.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hmmm...

WHO head says it will declare pandemic, raise alert to level 6. 12 minutes ago from TweetDeck

News flash. WHO head says a level 6 does not mean the end of the world. Thank god. 5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Lets rename it level oink.5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

RT @RodrigoMx: @mpoppel Obviously not... thats only for govts.. Timbuctu will need a concentration camp for Mexicans, also other countries5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

RT @oscarXXL: @mpoppel why not a new level7? or better 007 with license to kill your neighbors if they say "oink"?2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

FACTBOX-Measures in Asia against deadly flu r.reuters.com... minutes ago from Reuters.com

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 13
www.who.int...

4 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 4 May 2009, 20 countries have officially reported 985 cases of influenza A (H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 590 laboratory confirmed human cases of infection, including 25 deaths. The higher number of cases from Mexico reflects ongoing testing of previously collected specimens. The United States has reported 226 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Austria (1), Canada (85), China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (1), Costa Rica (1), Colombia (1), Denmark (1), El Salvador (2), France (2), Germany (8), Ireland (1), Israel (3), Italy (1), Netherlands (1), New Zealand (4), Republic of Korea (1), Spain (40), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (15).

There is no risk of infection from this virus from consumption of well-cooked pork and pork products.
More at Link...

WHO confirms nearly 1,000 flu cases in 20 countries
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Any link to this news about going to phase 6 ? Broadcast at 4pm GMT as per usual ?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Good morning, all. Regarding the pending increase to level 6 at WHO:

"Level 6 does not mean, in any way, that we are facing the end of the world. It is important to make this clear because (otherwise) when we announce level 6 it will cause an unnecessary panic," she told Spanish newspaper El Pais.

"Flu viruses are very unpredictable, very deceptive ... We should not be over-confident. One must not give H1N1 the opportunity to mix with other viruses. That is why we are on alert."

I'm wondering if this comment was made because of the transmission from human to swine. I've read many places that this could lead to a more deadly strain being mutated from this one.

A declaration of a full pandemic would send a signal to governments worldwide to institute their pandemic response plans, which may include measures affecting hospitals, schools or public events.

Hx3 posted a link several pages back that described the measures that each government was currently undertaking. It would be interesting to see this updated after the increase in level and compare the two.

WHO head indicates pandemic to be delcared

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I need some help understanding the logic here. As you know my daughter is going to alternative school for the rest of the year. The school building is located in Liberty, TX, which has closed all schools in its district. This campus has students from several ISDs all going to the same classes and is not considered part of any one ISD.

After finally getting ahold of someone there this morning, I was told that only the students originally from Liberty ISD campuses would not be expected in school today.

So, that means that my child and anyone else's child from a surrounding town are to go to a school that is located in a city where every other campus has been closed. Their classmates that actually live in the city will be protected, though, so it's OK?

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to vent!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Morning all, Checking in before a nap.

I would say if all the other schools are closed i'd be d@#ed if my kid would be going to school, just as a saftey measure, Sure its a diffrent school but how many of the kids in the other schools are friends with the ones in your school.
They would just be out of luck there.

I figured they were going to go to 6 today. I am surpised they didnt already.

Honestly i think they should shut down all schools. it will curb the spreading some, but it will also protect more kids and keep them from getting it. Give them a month off, add it to the end of the year and see where this thing goes. Their life and health is more important than taking a chance of infecting all of them.
Not like it would hurt anything, better to be safe than sorry. Espicaly where kids are involved.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Was listening to NPR this morning and a doc/scientist said this virus is expected to mutate into something else, and that those who got ill from this virus would have some immunity from future strains.

I wouldn't go out of my way to get this virus, but I wouldn't keep my kids out of school either; most everyone is getting thru it ok and will have some immunity from future strains, and there will be future strains. jmo

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Oh and another thing he said is that a lot of people already have some immunity to this virus because the basic H1N1 virus has been around for a long time, which is the thing that started this current virus to begin with. That would explain how one family member gets ill but three others in same family don't.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Good Morning,

Complete WHO UPdate 13 05-04-2009
www.who.int...

Advicory by CDC - 05-04-2009
FDA and CDC Information on Potential “Spot Shortages” of Supplies for Treating and Preventing Novel Influenza A (H1N1)

www.fda.gov...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I don't think I want either strain..........but there are so many people sick with mild influenza symptoms in the U.S. right now and the number seems to be growning..........and the majority are not getting tested for the H1N1.............

Its not influenza season..........What is in the air???

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join