It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

SCENARIOS: What the new swine flu might do
www.reuters.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Field investigators at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Friday it appears the new H1N1 virus outbreak may be more widespread and milder in Mexico than it first appeared.

So far the swine flu virus has behaved like seasonal flu as it has spread to 14 countries, carried mostly by travelers from Mexico.

The World Health Organization says it cannot be stopped, but has no immediate plans to declare a pandemic -- a global outbreak of a new and serious disease.

Here are some ways the situation could develop:
More at Link...

Hong Kong hotel quarantine move stirs controversy
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 12
www.who.int...

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 12

3 May 2009 -- As of 1600 GMT, 3 May 2009, 18 countries have officially reported 898 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 506 confirmed human cases of infection, including 19 deaths. The higher number of cases from Mexico in the past 48 hours reflects ongoing testing of previously collected specimens. The United States Government has reported 226 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Austria (1), Canada (85), China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (1), Costa Rica (1), Denmark (1), France (2), Germany (8), Ireland (1), Israel (3), Italy (1), Netherlands (1), New Zealand (4), Republic of Korea (1), Spain (40), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (15).

Further information on the situation will be available on the WHO website on a regular basis.
More at Link...

test Berkeley: Two Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified : Date: May 03, 2009 23:37 UTC Risk: Medium According to Mercu..9 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test King County: Seven New Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified: Date: May 03, 2009 23:29 UTC Risk: Medium Local medi..9 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Texas: State Officials Confirm 43 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 03, 2009 23:26 UTC Risk: Medium Local media sources..9 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Centinela State Prison: One Probable Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified in Inmate: Date: May 03, 2009 23:10 UTC Risk: Med..9 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Onslow County: CDC Confirms State’s First Case of Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 03, 2009 22:58 UTC Risk: Medium Several loca..9 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Arizona: 13 New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total of 17 Confirmed Statewide. #swineflu #H1N16 minutes ago from web

US, Louisiana: CDC Confirms One Case of Influenza A (H1N1) in Orleans Parish. #swineflu #H1N120 minutes ago from web

[edit on 5/3/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Visual Image of Inter-Species Flu Transmission
liveleak.com

Colombia confirms first A/H1N1 flu case - Xinhua
swineflu.pieceoftheworld.org...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

That video of the pigs dieing concerns me too!

I have sworn off pork for a while...

Apocalypse How

Sorting Algorithm Of Complete Destruction

tvtropes.org...

[edit on 3-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Walt Disney World tourist, first confirmed case of swine flu in Orlando area
www.examiner.com...

US flu tally jumps to 244 as labs catch up
news.yahoo.com...

Transmission of Virus a Puzzle for Scientists
online.wsj.com...

Probable H1N1 flu cases in Washington grow to 25
www.klewtv.com...

Health officials: Girl, 14, vacationing in Orlando tested positive for swine flu; state declares public health emergency
www.orlandosentinel.com...

2 swine flu cases confirmed in O.C.
County's tally now at 7 probable and 2 definite cases, says Orange County Health Care Agency.
www.ocregister.com...

State Health Officials Report First Probable H1N1 Case in Fox Valley - WBAY
pieceoftheworld.org

Smithfield Foods reaffirms absence of swine flu
www.businessweek.com...

briege88: @xxnate_doggxx i know lol 2 ppl got swine flu about 20 miles away from me and one of tehm was at a concert 2 days before he new he had it:S half a minute ago from web

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Is swine flu a bioterrorist virus?

There was reassortment between bird and human flu viruses in pigs in Italy during the 1980s, for instance, while in the 1990s a H1N2 swine flu circulating in pigs in the UK was found to be a mixture of swine, human and bird flu strains resulting from multiple reassortments.

It is not yet clear exactly when and how Mexican swine flu strain evolved, but it could certainly have happened without the help of genetic engineers. Despite this, the swine flu could still be regarded as man-made.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Children Especially Vulnerable to A/H1N1 Virus
blogs.wsj.com...

Deer Park schools closed because of swine flu
www.newsday.com...

FACTBOX: Measures in North, South America against flu
www.reuters.com...

Mexico says flu epidemic over the worst
www.reuters.com...

Horrorflixchic: RT @ms_marg: 1 American died of Swine Flu. 821 Americans die from obesity everyday. Let's close schools til cafeterias serve healthy food. less than 10 seconds ago from TwitterFon

J_Fry306: @mpoppel i also believe the swine flu pandemic is also a setup by obama. its fnny how everytime a new president is voted a crisis strikes
less than 20 seconds ago from Twadget

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Here in DENVER, last night 8:09pm MST, I saw a guy wearing a mask in a parking lot of a King Soopers.

The only person I have seen thus far wearing a mask. And, no, I did not try to kiss him.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Now I know the end is near...

Plucky seez a single guy in the middle of 2 crisis's and no panic-sex!!!

Colorado Swine Flu Cases Rise To 4, School Closed

cbs4denver.com...

Interim Guidance for H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu): Taking Care of a Sick Person in Your Home
www.cdc.gov...

El Salvador confirms first two cases of swine flu
www.abs-cbnnews.com...

Argentina keeps ban on flights from Mexico amid A(H1N1) virus scare
www.channelnewsasia.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Why not?
Maybe he would have better luck if he drew lips on it!

Blog with 1-6 scenarios of possible reasons for hype and or an engineered virus.

Item #6. The mandatory vaccine, in this Hell scenario, would become a further source of the disease, not a protection against it. If the depopulation agenda has been set in motion, instead of the pandemic being controlled, it will be fanned. The vaccine will infect healthy people. Figures will rise rapidly. Deaths will soon be out of control.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Awww Geezzz Edith...now why ya wanna go and show me dat???

WHO warns against flu complacency
news.bbc.co.uk...
Monday, 4 May 2009 01:09 UK

East Beach Montessori School on Pleasant Ave. in Norfolk will be closed this week, as health officials investigate a probable case of H1N1.12 minutes ago from web

The Virginia Dept. of Health just announced a child in Norfolk has a probable case of H1N1. The child attends East Beach Montessori School.43 minutes ago from web

Not to say anything bad, but, I think the mods might consider switching the names of this: Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated* and Swine Flu news and updates thread...Hmmm...

Hmmm...

Shirlycat: Now on the Swine Flu! I have heard that the Goverment should be telling people to be ready to stock enough food for two weeks. Is this true
less than 20 seconds ago from web

BWSNYJFan: Swine flu cases up in Michigan...not quite the news I was hoping for. less than 20 seconds ago from web

odileagatha: DAMN SWINE FLU MESSED UP OUR CRUISE TO MEXICO, ITS OK B/C THEY TAKING US TO THE BAHAMAS INSTEAD...HAHA CANT HOME ME DOWN!! DAMN SWINE FLU half a minute ago from web

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

WHO expected to raise flu alert to highest level
www.latimes.com...
May 3, 2009

The pace of H1N1 infections appears to have slowed, with the number of cases reaching 195 in the U.S. and 793 worldwide. The infectious disease alert stands at Phase 5.
more at Link...

Another insight...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
(per ProtoplasmicTraveler)

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
A nice site to follow...

Why is “H1n1” #5 on Twitter ?
newstrendz.com...

Daycare closed as more suspected H1N1 cases appear on both sides of state line
newstrendz.com...

STATEMENT FROM SECRETARY VILSACK ON CANADA DETECTION OF H1N1 IN ALBERTA SWINE
usda.gov

test Arizona: 13 New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total of 17 Confirmed Statewide: Date: May 03, 2009 23:55 UTC Risk: L..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Yuma County: One Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed : Date: May 03, 2009 23:49 UTC Risk: Low The Yuma Sun reports that the..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Santa Cruz County: One Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed: Date: May 03, 2009 23:49 UTC Risk: Low Local Arizona media sour..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Pima County: Six Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed: Date: May 03, 2009 23:49 UTC Risk: Low Local Arizona media sources r..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Hong Kong: Mexican Government Criticizes Quarantine of Mexicans and Cancellation of Flights from Mexico: Date: May 03, 2009 ..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

4 cases of H1N1 confirmed in Colo., 1 school in JeffCo closed
www.milehighconnections.com...

New swine flu cases in Europe, US, Latin America
www.heraldonline.com...

Edit: If some of these "insights & snippet's" I throw in are bothersome, please let me know...I'm trying to convey a "broader" picture of what others are thinking and feeling as well as us...

Also...If my Nanites are assimilating to much info let me know as well...I have a leash in the alcove

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
(per ecoparity)!!!

(per Hx3_1963)

Swine flu goes person-to-pig; What's next?
news.yahoo.com...
15 mins ago

MEXICO CITY – Now that the swine flu virus has passed from a farmworker to pigs, could it jump back to people? The question is important, because crossing species again could make it more deadly.

The never-before-seen virus was created when genes from pig, bird and human viruses mixed together inside a pig. Experts fear the virus that has gone from humans back into pigs in at least one case could mutate further before crossing back into humans again. But no one can predict what will happen.

"Could it gain virulence? Yes," Juan Lubroth, an animal health expert at the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization in Rome, said Sunday. "It could also become milder. It could go in both directions."
More at Link...

test Jerusalem: 33-Year-Old Female And Her Eight-Month-Old Son Discharged After Influenza A (H1N1) Ruled Out : Date: May 04, 2009..5 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Tel Aviv: Israel's Third Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Case, 34-Year-Old Male, And His Spouse Discharged: Date: May 04, 2009 ..5 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Everything you want to know about Swine flu
hamptonroads.com...

WHO says existing vaccine little use against new flu
www.reuters.com...

Is it the flu, or just a sore throat?
www.reuters.com...

U.S. antiviral supplies tighten as prescriptions soar
www.reuters.com...

Other accounts:

(per switching yard)

apieceofheaven: A dozen cases of Swine Flu reported at Utica High School (which is about 10 minutes from me). Fabulous. I'm staying away from people. half a minute ago from web

danlovell: No way. Pigs catch swine flu. From...humans??? /cv3oxh (expand) I don't even believe I just read that. half a minute ago from web

alainapemberton: LAnse Creuse North (my high school) is shut down for a whole week because someone at LC is being tested for h1n1. makes it a lot more scary. 2 minutes ago from web

JAMNOLA: I think its funny how all the swine flu cases in LA are at schools. The one in Ascension is at Lake in St. Amant. half a minute ago from web

Back Door:

Mkts to continue northward trend
in.biz.yahoo.com...
Monday May 4, 02:03 AM

Cyber chief needs to be in White House: experts
www.reuters.com...

Buffett attacks bank tests, eyes flu pandemic
www.reuters.com...

High-profile suicides reveal acute pain of crisis
www.reuters.com...

OK now...any "lurkers" lurking, or, am I working my poor Nanites to exhaustion for naught? Carbon Bucky Balls cost a pretty federation credit...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

New swine flu alert despite doubts over level of danger
www.timesonline.co.uk...
May 3, 2009

THE World Health Organisation (WHO) is poised to declare a global swine flu pandemic despite suggestions by scientists that the H1N1 virus responsible may be no more dangerous than the average annual flu season.

Health officials yesterday confirmed two more cases of swine flu in Britain, bringing the total to 15. A six-year-old Oxfordshire girl who had holidayed in Mexico became the youngest victim, while the second victim was the husband of a woman who contracted the virus after the couple returned from Mexico.

Meanwhile in Scotland, a man who flew from Texas to Prestwick via Birmingham last Thursday was named as a probable victim. All UK victims have so far shown mild flu-like symptoms and are recovering well.

The first case of pigs being infected with the new virus emerged last night when officials in the Canadian province of Alberta said some animals were thought to have been infected by a farm worker who had recently visited Mexico and became ill on his return.
More at Link...

China denies flu discrimination against Mexicans
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I am checking in on you every couple of hours, Hx3. Unfortunately, I have an 18 year old that is sick like a baby, and I'm not feeling to well myself. Therefore, I rely on you to read the entire internet, and post the juicy bits for me!!

Also, the county seat in my county (Liberty) has closed the school district. None of the surrounding schools have been closed yet. I am finding it hard to believe that the confirmed cases in Texas keeps growing, but it's almost impossible to find two local papers that agree on the numbers or the countys affected.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

My thoughts are with all going through this, and hope all turns out well...

Per my prior posts above, concerning Cross Transmission in Multi-Species, I Re-Post this link showing what actions are being implemented in the "back ground" to "insure" our safety per NWO guidelines...

WHO warns against flu complacency
news.bbc.co.uk...

Human-to-swine transmission escalates mutation risk
www.theglobeandmail.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Swine flu: Paris baggage handlers refuse to unload planes from Mexico
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Swine flu: Egyptian police battle Christians as they enforce pig cull
www.telegraph.co.uk...

New York City: 3 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified Not Related to St. Francis Preparatory School in Queens or to Travel to Mexico.#H1N12 minutes ago from web

Mexican president denounces discrimination against Mexicans abroad over swine flu.3 minutes ago from web

US, New York, Long Island: Local Authorities Identify 3 Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1); No Direct Link Between Cases.#swineflu #H1N12 minutes ago from web

Swine Flu Young school girl confirmed as Manitoba's first swine flu case - The Canadian Press: Youn.. /dctmya1 minute ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Health officials in Nova Scotia report two new cases of swine flu - The Canadian Press: TVNZH.. /cmxs9g1 minute ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Quarantined travellers lament life in four-star isolation - Globe and Mail: Voice of AmericaQ.. /c8ajlh1 minute ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Update 21 - Influenza A (H1N1) Swine Flu
www.who.int...

test El Salvador: Two Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; First Confirmed Cases in Country: Date: May 04, 2009 03:49 UTC..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Lucerne: Canton's First Suspected Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Isolated: Date: May 04, 2009 03:36 UTC Risk: Low Neue Luzerner ..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test New York City: First Three Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified Not Related to St. Francis Preparatory School in Quee..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Long Island: Local Authorities Identify Three Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 04, 2009 03:15 UTC Risk: Mediu..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

[edit on 5/4/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I know for sure I appreciate your comments! Also if you can make us laugh, that is all for good! Lurkers can even laugh!

Thanks for all your work, and honestly, my brain is a bit fried! i am slowing down, but still get very concerned reading the strange twists and turns. The pig infections are really making me nervous!

[edit on 3-5-2009 by burntheships]

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join