It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
US, Texas, Fort Bend County: Three Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified In One Adult and Two Children of No Relation #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Swine Flu Outbreak Still Mostly Confined to North America
www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 5/2/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

So from reading this report I have to ask if the reason they (WHO) wish for the testing to remain for the most part compartmentalized is because they need the antigen from the confirmed cases to be used in the massive vaccination construction.

They say several different companies may be used to make the vaccinations yet lack the correct amount of antigen to make enough for the entire worlds population.

That statement leads me to ask how they plan to carry out a worldwide vaccination program. And if they are truly serious about each person in the world accepting the vaccines, then mandatory vaccinations will be the only way. The implications are astounding when you consider what this means to the individual.

sharing.govdelivery.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
US, New Jersey, Burlington County: Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) May Have Contracted the Virus from Person-to-Person Transmission17 minutes ago from web

Italy: The second confirmed case is a female flight attendant with recent travel to Mexico. #swineflu #H1N121 minutes ago from web

Italy: One Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed by Italian Prime Minister; Total Confirmed Case Count Rises to Two #swineflu #H1N122 minutes ago from web

US, Texas, Harris County: Two Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported #swineflu #H1N125 minutes ago from web

US, Alabama, Madison County: One Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified; First Confirmed in the State #swineflu #H1N126 minutes ago from web

H1N1 flu found in Canadian pig herd: officials
www.reuters.com...

test Ohio: Third Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed : Date: May 02, 2009 23:43 UTC Risk: Low The Middletown Journal reports tha..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test York: One New Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed: Date: May 02, 2009 23:42 UTC Risk: Medium Several media outlets report t..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Toronto: One Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed: Date: May 02, 2009 23:41 UTC Risk: Medium Several media outlets report th..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test United State: CDC Reports 160 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1); Public is "Worried": Date: May 02, 2009 23:40 UTC Risk: High The ..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Greater Southern Region: Two Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Registered: Date: May 02, 2009 23:30 UTC Risk: Medium Accord..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Time fer a quick Re-Gen break...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Raising pandemic alert level to 6 still possible: WHO
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...
3 May 2009, 0615 hrs IST, IANS

GENEVA: The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Saturday that the risk of a pandemic caused by the A/H1N1 virus was still very high and
there was still the possibility to raise the alert level to Phase 6 from the current Phase 5.

"At the present time, I would still propose that a pandemic is imminent because we are seeing the disease spread," Michael Ryan, the agency's director for global alert and response, told a news briefing in Geneva.

"This is the time for us to prepare, and be ready," he said.

The WHO's current pandemic alert level remains at Phase 5, which is characterized by human-to-human spread of the virus in two or more countries in only one WHO region.

Currently the sustained spread of the virus is still confined to the region of North America, notably Mexico and the US.

Although human cases have also been confirmed in Europe and Asia, there is still no evidence suggesting that sustained community outbreaks have occurred in the two regions, according to the WHO official.

Ryan warned that the possibility to raise to pandemic alert Phase 6, which means sustained community outbreaks in North America, cannot be ruled out.

"At this point, we have to expect that Phase 6 will be reached, and we have to hope that it is not reached," he said.

Mexico, the epicenter of the outbreak, has officially reported 397 confirmed human cases of infection, including 16 deaths. The US government has reported 160 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

I really wish they'd make up our minds...
...2 in 1...x in 2...Grrr

test Wales: 12 New Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Test Results for 22 of 48 Suspected Cases Pending: Date: May 03, ..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Franklin County: Two Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified: Date: May 03, 2009 00:36 UTC Risk: Medium The Middlet..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Markaz Samannud: 39-Year-Old Male Hospitalized; Influenza A (H1N1) Suspected: Date: May 03, 2009 00:35 UTC Risk: Medium Youm..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Phoenix: Health Officials Report Two Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) in Two Arizona State University Students : Date: M..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Burlington County: Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) May Have Contracted the Virus from Person-to-Person Transmission: Da..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

First genetic analysis of swine flu reveals potency
www.newscientist.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
My husband finally got ahold of his sister. For those that missed me talking about her the first time, she is enlisted in the Army and trained as a combat medic. She is stationed at Fort Campbell. She says that they (medics) were put on alert and that the number of cases the media tells us is not correct. She said that they have not been given any definite number, but she will ask around and see what others have heard. She knows that it is more than we are told. She has recently found out that she is pregnant and was told that she was not to treat anyone that appeared to have flu like symptoms. She was told to send them to someone else in the infirmary for care.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Federal Troops Deployed in Mexico City
www.liveleak.com...

Riots At Mexico Prison,Visitors Banned Over Swine Flu Concerns.
www.liveleak.com...

BC-WA--APNewsAlert/21Washington state reports 9 new probable cases of swine flu; state total now 25 probable cases3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

For your daily swine flu needs: BC-LT--APNewsAlert/19Mexican health secretary says confirmed swine flu death toll has risen to 193 minutes ago from TweetDeck

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sorry if this was posted already. I'm still trying to catch up on the last few pages.

"Pandemics are serious," he said, but it is important to note they describe "the geographic spread of the disease, not its severity."

However, he cautioned against reports that indicate the virus may be weaker than originally thought.

"I'd be very pleased if it turns out that this virus is weaker than it could be. I'd be the happiest man in the world. However, I think history has told us that these viruses are very, very, very unpredictable."

CNN

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

WHO confirming backlog of suspected H1N1 cases *update*
www.cnn.com...
updated 30 minutes ago

GENEVA, Switzerland (CNN) -- The World Health Organization began distributing antiviral doses to 70 nations Saturday as the number of confirmed cases of swine flu rose to 659 across the globe.

The increase in confirmed cases was attributed to completed testing of numerous backlogged suspected cases in Mexico, where the flu strain scientifically known as H1N1 is believed to have originated, WHO officials said.

Mexico has the most confirmed cases, with 397 infected people, and 16 deaths attributed to the virus, WHO said. Mexico's health minister said Saturday that his nation's total had reached 443, although that number was not reflected in the WHO's total.

"What the increase reflects is that we are moving forward in confirming many of the cases that have been left untested for some time, so in an way that's reassuring," WHO spokesman Paul Garwood said.
More at Link...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Mexican swine flu death toll rises to 19
www.usatoday.com...
Posted 27m ago

B.C. Health Ministry confirms three more cases of H1N1 strain
www.google.com...
48 minutes ago

Two more cases of H1N1 flu virus in Ontario raise provincial total to 14
www.canadaeast.com...

NY Swine Flu Update: 62 Confirmed Cases
www.myfoxny.com...
Last Edited: Saturday, 02 May 2009, 10:01 PM EDT

test Harris County: Two Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified: Date: May 03, 2009 01:17 UTC Risk: Medium Local media o..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Madison County: One Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified: Date: May 03, 2009 01:17 UTC Risk: Medium Local media o..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Fort Bend County: Three Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified: Date: May 03, 2009 01:07 UTC Risk: Medium Local me..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Holmes County: One Probable Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported: Date: May 03, 2009 01:00 UTC Risk: Medium The Middletown Jo..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Between the coughing and the fatigue, it's difficult to type coherently; please bear with me.

I've bee home sick since April 30. Doctor (actually Physician's Assistant) says I have "an upper respiratory virus".

Great timing, right?

Wthout being too graphic, I've just had an experience which gave me what might be a crazy idea.

I've been coughing heavily for three days now. About an hour ago, I noticed that something in the characteristics of ny cough had changed;

It Smelled differnet, it smelled "grassier", like freshly cut grass.

That got me to thinking; "Do viruses have a scent?"

And, by extension, do particular viruses have particular, identifiable, scents?

I know that there has been research done on the ability of dogs to identify certain types of cancer by scent. And it is believed that some, if not all cancers are caused by (a) virus(es).

Now, if it can be shown this H1N1-variant flu virus has an identifiable scent all it's own (and if is a truly new, and never before encountered virus, any scent it might have would certainly be unique), perhaps dogs"remarkable noses" could be drafted into the effort to process the glut of samples innundating the world's disease control control centers.

Just my fevered mind at work... back to the slab for me.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Sorry to hear you're feeling bad. Even though that was a mental image that I wish I hadn't received, you have a good point. I'm sure that there are some pasty complexioned scientists working on that very thing somewhere in the world right now. The dogs that "sniff out cancer" has always intrigued me. I'll look around the net and see if I can find any related research for you. Feel better soon!

EDIT: Well I found several articles about the research into cancer detection, diabetes detection, and one mention of dogs trained to predict epileptic siezures, but nothing on the virus sniffing. Here are some links for you. Perhaps you could contact one of the agencies and find further information.

PDF of the cancer detection study

cancerdogs.co.uk

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Cameoii]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Swine flu worldwide: update
en.wikinews.org
Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hmmm...more "Back Door" agendas...

France: May Day warning
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

I think you may have hit on something there. I could only find one article that talks about viruses/diseases and smell, if i come across any more i'll post them for you.

www.pnas.org...:

I hope you start feeling better soon

@ Hx3_1963 I liked that article you linked about the May Day warning in France

[edit on 5/2/2009 by chise61]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Star 4 U !

I'm beginning to think the EU's got it right...

They're seeing what's going on also, with the back door stuff, but, are actually doing something about it, unlike us, the land of the free and the home of the brave...Hmmm...

What has become of us?

In swine flu outbreak, who are the victims?
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Little swine flu concern in Cinco de Mayo city
worldblog.msnbc.msn.com...

Swine flu scare doesn’t stop Mexico’s drug war
www.msnbc.msn.com...

1 in 3 U.S. flu cases visited Mexico, CDC says
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

They're seeing what's going on also, with the back door stuff, but, are actually doing something about it, unlike us, the land of the free and the home of the brave...Hmmm...

What has become of us?

I've been wondering the same thing myself for quite a few years now

My daughter in law just told me that her friend's cousin is sick as heck with all the syptoms of this flu, they only live 8 blocks away from us

Just in case you haven't seen this latest piece of crap they wanna hit us with.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Yep...

While we're locked in our homes hiding from the NAU Flu they're going to do any damn thing they want, Carbon Taxes, Health Care, Bail outs, ect...

And what a wonderful time for it...just as we're getting mad and starting to organize...Hmmm...coincidence...Not...

I say NAU Flu or not we need to do something...heck if the EU and Mexico are protesting and rioting why can't we...at this rate we're scroomed either way...

This is the carp to read...scary stuff!!!
Press Release - Researchers Question Nature, Cause and Treatment of “Swine Flu” Outbreak
www.checktheevidence.co.uk...

Eds: APNewsNow.1st case of swine flu in Los Angeles County (OMG WE ARE GONNA DIE!)4 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Influenza A (H1N1) Swine Flu - Update Twenty
www.moh.govt.nz...
3 May 2009

An interesting conversation on twitter about events in Mexico
twitter.com...

[edit on 5/3/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

The checktheevidence site was spooky in how alike it was to our own discussion here. It makes me feel better to know that there are others that can look at this situation and feel that something is not right. Hopefully, we will all be a little more informed and alot more careful for participating here.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I agree with you on all points

I'm gonna try to watch a movie and attempt to get my mind off this flu for awhile, i'll be back tomorrow with any updates i find from my area.

You get some rest, or entertainment, you work too hard, yeah yeah i know you're a borg, but i believe even a borg should have some fun and rest

Take Care

Edit to add; good links

[edit on 5/3/2009 by chise61]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

It is no longer possible to contain the deadly swine flu virus first found in Mexico, the World Health Organization (WHO) says. As a potential pandemic edges closer, governments around the world have been stepping up precautions against its spread.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Mexico swine flu deaths jump to 19, experts say virus can mutate and warn against complacency
blog.taragana.com...

Mexico plea as virus 'stabilizes'
news.bbc.co.uk...

Egypt presses ahead with pig cull
news.bbc.co.uk...

China moves to curb virus spread
news.bbc.co.uk...

'Draconian' powers seen to contain swine flu
www.google.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
peterosbornuk: Swine flu H1N1 has now been confirmed across the British Isles as the UK infection tally rose to 15 and Ireland revealed its first case.
3 minutes ago from web

First case of H1N1 influenza confirmed in New Mexico
www.qcsunonline.com...

Swine Flu Edmonton confirms four swine flu cases - Vancouver Sun: Alberta TalksEdmonton confirms four s.. 9 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Mexican Foreign Minister condemned China and four Latin American countries for restricting flights from Mexico (FINALLY! SHES ALIVE!)10 minutes ago from TweetDeck

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join