It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Latest on swine flu in Sydney's west
www.penrithstar.com.au...

Mexico: No New Swine Flu Deaths
getweb.info...

UPDATE: Swine Flu confirmed in Utah
www.abc4.com...

First case of Swine Flu confirmed in RI.less than 20 seconds ago from Tweetie

Health department confirms 3 swine flu cases in Wisconsin
www.duluthnewstribune.com...

[edit on 5/2/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Missouri officials release information in two more swine flu cases
www.kansascity.com...

JEFFERSON CITY | Missouri health officials have released additional information about two probable cases of swine flu discovered Friday night.

Health officials say the patients are a father and son from Howard County in central Missouri, who recently traveled to Mexico.

State Health Director Margaret Donnelly said Saturday that both patients have been told about their condition and received anti-viral medication.

The father and son have been advised to stay at home for the next week to avoid contact with others.

Their cases were found during tests of specimens sent to the State Public Health Laboratory by doctors whose patients reported flu-like symptoms.

The cases are the latest of three probable ones in Missouri. The state has one confirmed case of swine flu.

Another first person report
(per Asherah)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Hello.

You're right children normally do not receive flu shots/vaccines unless they have health problems that would make them at risk of possible complications from the flu. Seems to me that tptb have a different agenda here.

Just wanted to put this out there, since many are thinking that this may have been floating around the US for awhile. My grandkids got sick about a month/month &1/2 ago, one after the other and of course passed it to us, with our symptoms being a little more severe and lasting longer. Fever, sore throat, runny nose, headache One of them was vomitting, we kept them home for a few days and treated them at home. We thought it was the regular flu, but now i'm not so sure.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Update: CDC confirms 3 cases of H1N1 flu in Wisconsin. Two cases in Mke Co, 3rd case in Adams County. State has almost 3 dozen 'probables.'11 minutes ago from web

Roche deploys rapid response stockpile of Tamiflu
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Louisiana has 20 possible swine flu cases; Jindal to update situation at 5 p.m.

Source - nola.com

Well, that's more than before. Press conference will be held here at 5p.m. CST by Governor Jindall. Hopefully he will have some information.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Swine flu scare awakens echoes of fearsome 1918 flu epidemic that killed multitudes
www.latimes.com...

Costa Rica confirms first swine flu case
abclocal.go.com

FLU UPDATE: Louisiana has 20 possible swine flu cases
www.theadvertiser.com...

INFLUENZA A (H1N1) CASE CONFIRMED AT WASHINGTON AND LEE
www.vaemergency.com...

Why is “H1n1” #5 on Twitter ?
newstrendz.com...
Carpload of news headlines from twitter!!!

Canada: ...Ontario (12), Alberta (8), Quebec (2), and New Brunswick (1) #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Canada: Health officials report 56 confirmed influenza A (H1N1) cases nationwide; British Columbia (19), Nova Scotia (14)...#swineflu3 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Okay...I am starting to feel like I'm truly a bit scared.

I've gone through the run of emotions in the past 24 hours and it just seems to be more of a quagmire than before BUT that lil "gut voice" is starting to send up a red flag because...well...it hasn't died down either and there seems to be no end in sight.

Thanks again to all who are SO damn good at this for all our sake's,I'm starting to feel like in order to divert from a crisis,one must simply stay informed!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

My little Nanites are runnin' amok here trying to keep up...poor Nanites

Mexico tells its citizens not to travel to China
www.reuters.com...

Swine flu: How afraid should we be?
www.pandemicflunews.us...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Roche deploys rapid response stockpile of Tamiflu www.reuters.com...

If by their own admission that Tamiflu is useless except to help the symptoms only if taken within the first 48 hours of contracting the virus.
WHY do they keep pushing it? I dont get it, are people that stupid and think that its going to magicaly work on them?
Espicaly since there is no recource if the drug has ill effects on you.
Legaly you are screwed.

What are we missing, why do TPTB keep pushing this drug when they admit it will do no good? Money? ? ? Just making a profit ? ? ?
Or is there something deeper here that we dont know about yet?

Far Fetched But whats the chance that the famed useless Tamiflu is loaded with RFD chips ? ? ? the can produce them small enough to pass through a needle, what a better way to track the true results of a virus.

I know it was reaching, But there has to be some reason they are pushing a drug they openly admit is ineffective.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Swine Flu H1N1 World Outbreak
swineh1n1.com...

Canada, Alberta: Seven New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed, Edmonton (4), Northern Alberta (2), and Calgary (1).#swineflu #H1N11 minute ago from web

New Zealand: 101 Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Decrease in Number of Suspected Cases From 136 on 1 May.#swineflu #H1N19 minutes ago from web

Facts about swine flu
guardian.co.tt...
Nice article...

TATUARA: @continentalarmy theres no 1 single case of swine flu here in cancun
less than 10 seconds ago from web

Swine flu scare doesn't stop Mexico's drug war
www3.signonsandiego.com...

H1N1 Fear Closes Macomb School For 2 Weeks
real close...
www.clickondetroit.com...#-

CDC Confirms First H1N1 Case In NH
www.wptz.com...
I think this one is pretty close to 25? states now?

Health officials: Swine flu may be at pandemic level soon, but not as severe a strain as feared
www.bizjournals.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
How are my Nanites doing today lurkers?

Any requests while there out assimilating?

Re: Derby Day!
gladerebooted.boardzero.com...

Kentucky’s commissioner of public health is “concerned but certainly not in a panic” about confirmed cases of swine flu in the United States and for now at least sees no imminent danger to this weekend’s Kentucky Derby.

Dr. William Hacker said there are no confirmed cases of swine flu in Kentucky but officials are testing a few cases of flu-like symptoms from across the state...

Hacker also said there is no immediate likelihood of curtailing or restricting this weekend’s Kentucky Derby festivities which are expected to lure about 340,000 visitors from around the nation and the world. But Hacker said he has contacted the federal Center for Disease Control in Atlanta about the event. He said there isn’t a sufficient number of confirmed cases in the U.S. to justify concerns about risks of spreading the disease at the Derby.

H1N1Ful: Merrimack County, New Hampshire: 1 confirmed case of H1N1.1 probable case awaiting confirmation.Confirmed by state health official. Both ..
less than a minute ago from twitterfeed

New Hampshire, Concord: CDC Confirms New Hamshire's First Influenza A (H1N1) Case In Concord Hospital Employee. #swineflu #H1N11 minute ago from web

Three more cases of swine flu in Kane; Larkin High School closed
www.kcchronicle.com...

2 NRIs with Swine (H1N1) Flu symptoms admitted to Delhi hospital
www.khabrein.info...

Ohio Authorities Confirm 2 More Cases Of H1N1
www.whiotv.com...

FL investigating 9 probable H1N1 cases, confirms 2
www.wtsp.com...

Two new confirmed case of H1N1 Flu Virus (Human Swine Flu) in Ontario
www.newswire.ca...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
H1N1 Flu Cases In City Continue To Rise
www.ny1.com...
3:40 PM

kyleg111: test Nova Scotia: 17 New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported; National Confirmed Case Count Rises to 73 : Date: May 02, 2009 19:..
half a minute ago from twitterfeed

113 quarantined after taking flight from Mexico with flu case
news.xinhuanet.com...

WHO awaits clearer picture of swine flu severity and spread
uk.news.yahoo.com...

The World Health Organisation was keeping a close eye on the swine outbreak in both Mexico and Europe on Saturday, as it sought a clear picture of both the severity of the virus and its global spread.

WHO Director of Global Alert and Response Mike Ryan said the next few days would be crucial in determining the spread of the new influenza A(H1N1) virus in Europe, the continent most affected by the disease outside North America.

But he said the situation was not yet established, despite reassuring signs from Mexico that the virus was less severe in terms of its symptoms than first feared.

"Severity is not completely established," he told journalists.

Now they're back to severity...wasn't it global scope in the last statement?!?

H1N1Ful: Middlesex County, Connecticut: 1 confirmed case of H1N1 in Middlesex County.source: Hartford Courant updated: May 2, 2009
less than a minute ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Well you are thinking exactly along the right lines. One thing though...
Tamiflu is a pill, as far as I know it is not injected. BUT the new vaccination that is coming down the canal, that very likely is looking like it will be "mandatory" could have that rfid chip in it. Just a thought...and of course, if not this time...maybe the "next" virus. I think the basic idea here is to get everyone on board with the idea of accepted yearly vaccines. That way, when they finally do have a rfid chip ready for everyone, it will be just like James Bond...no big deal!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I thought I would add this; two more cases have been confirmed here in Indiana yesterday afternoon. They are in Marion County on the north side, in two different schools which are now closed.

I live literally 8 minutes from one of the schools so it makes sense to me now why all of the CVS drugstores in my town were out of masks and hand sanitizer on Thursday. I went to pick up my prescription, got to poking around and asking questions. (At the time I wasn't aware yet that these new cases were being tested but I'm sure all of the parents in the area were informed which would explain the run at the drugstores!)

I was told I have a sinus infection, but still feel terrible after almost 3 days on an antibiotic. My doctor said he didn't have any "inside scoop", but mumbled a vague 'uh..huh' when I mentioned if the virus is mutating. He was busy writing notes concerning my reason for being there, so he wasn't on his guard when I asked the question...I didn't press him at the time but wish now that I had. I'm going back to the store to see if they have a new shipment of masks in yet. I'm getting really nervous by the day!

TY,
FMF

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hmmm...

Political Lies and Media Disinformation regarding the Swine Flu Pandemic
www.infowars.com...

~

Weakening the Social Protest Movement

Statements of this nature on the "inevitable spread" of the disease, create, quite deliberately, an atmosphere of fear, insecurity and panic. They also serve to distract people’s attention from a devastating global economic crisis which is leading the World into mass poverty and unemployment, not to mention the war in the Middle East and the broader issue of US-NATO war crimes.

The Real Global Crisis is marked by poverty, economic collapse, ethnic strife, death and destruction, the derogation of civil rights and the demise of State social programs. The EU announcement of the swine flu pandemic inevitably serves to weaken the social protest movement which has spread across Europe.

In Mexico, the swine flu emergency measures which have "closed down" entire urban areas, are widely perceived as a pretext of the Felipe Calderon government to curb mounting social dissent against one of the most corrupt administrations in Mexican history.

In Mexico, the May 1st Parade, which was directed against the Calderon government, was cancelled.
More at Link...

Canada: National Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Case Count Reaches 82.#swineflu #H1N13 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

"Severity is not completely established," he told journalists.
Now they're back to severity...wasn't it global scope in the last statement?!?

Star 4 You!

Yes it was!

This just appeared on the DoD Pandemic Influenza Updates -

WHO: Pandemic Influenza Prevention and Mitigation in Low Resource Communities www.who.int...

[edit on 2-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ahhh burntheships , i was not aware that it was a pill, so conditioning is all its good for, not suprised the GP is pill happy anyway... get anything they are rushing to get something for it. I have a hard time taking asprin let alone any other drugs, and i have conditons where i should be taking drugs on a daily basis. But just cant bring my self to get where i have to reli on them. (Seizure disorder, oddly enough contrary to what the doc's say, beer works great.. feel one coming on, drink a cold beer and its gone.. I have had a few doozies in the past, but i'm one of the lucky ones i know way ahead of time when they are coming on , although i still have the occasional face plant on concreet but thats my own fault for pushing to far.) Although i do take Vitamin D, not because of all the studies, but because i HATE and always have hated milk and milk products, figured i had better get some in my system some how to balance it out.

Mutating is my fear ullmoonfairy, Right now its no big deal, But considering the other viruses it contains, if/when it mutates it has the potential to turn VERY deadly.
So he knows enough to know its mutating. Interesting. I wonder if he was informed as to what to expect, or what drugs to have on hand, would help us know what we are looking at in the future.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Saudi crown prince's illness raises questions
www.cnn.com...

Wisconsin, Adams County: Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Became Ill after Traveling to Another Area in US.#swineflu #H1N1half a minute ago from web

Canada, Ontario: One Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Result of Community-Transmission. #swineflu #H1N11 minute ago from web

Wisconsin: CDC Confirm First Three Cases of Influenza A (H1N1), Milwaukee County (2) and Adams County (1). #swineflu #H1N1half a minute ago from web

And more "Back Door" stuff...

Analysis: What's in Obama's next 100 days
www.cnn.com...

Police battle rioters in Berlin
www.reuters.com...

Israeli air strikes kill 2 in Gaza tunnel
www.reuters.com...

Buffett dispenses gloom at somber Berkshire fest
www.reuters.com...

Warren Buffett: Inflation on the horizon
money.cnn.com...

GOP begins image makeover
www.cnn.com...

In Depth: Money and Main Street
www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Connecticut, Middlesex County: Second Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported in Connecticut.#swineflu #H1N1less than 20 seconds ago from web

Scientists dig for lessons from past pandemics
www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Well, like I said he was pretty vague and acted like he didn't want to say anything more. He has been my Dr. since 1991 when his daughter was in the pre-school class I was teaching at the time (I only worked there a year, but kept him as my doctor). We are as close as anyone can imagine who has had a doctor for that long, even helped me over the phone on a few occasions, so I could tell he didn't want to talk about it any further.
I forgot to say, though, on a funny note, I said something about the virus being something "that didn't happen by accident"...his response was "well that thought is certainly driving the conspiracy theorists crazy!"

I just snickered, and of course thought of ATS!

I wish I had more to offer, but that is all he said.

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join