It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

Yes, you are thinking correctly IMO...she should have been quarentined, as some have been.

Something is afoot, and it is not nice!

@ Hx3_1063, Star 4 You! From the link you posted!

This was signed on April 26, 2009!!!

As a consequence of confirmed cases of Swine Influenza A (swH1Nl) in California, Texas, Kansas, and New York, on this date and after consultation with public health officials as necessary, I, Charles E. Johnson, Acting Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, pursuant to the authority vested in me under section 319 ofthe Public Health Service Act, 42 U.S.C. § 247d, do hereby detennine that a public health emergency exists nationwide involving Swine Influenza A that affects or has significant potential to affect national security.

www.hhs.gov...

[edit on 2-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

I totally agree with you!

As your avatar says you are from NO (one of my FAV cities in the world BTW!) I think you'd have a handle and first-hand on how very frustrating
this mess has all become.

No matter what comes of it all,they will muck it up!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

well here's some more "definitive" news fer ya

Swine Flu Pandemic Still ‘Imminent,’ WHO Officer Says (Update3)
www.bloomberg.com...

May 2 (Bloomberg) -- The World Health Organization probably will go to phase 6 on its pandemic alert scale because of the outbreak of swine flu, said Michael Ryan, the WHO’s director of global alert and response.

The WHO still isn’t seeing sustained community transmission of the virus, known formally as influenza A H1N1, outside of North America, Ryan said at a news conference in Geneva, where the UN health agency is based.

Still, swine flu has reached 15 countries and there’s evidence the new virus is spreading in five nations among people unconnected to Mexico. The symptoms may be no more severe than seasonal flu, health officials said.

“I would still propose that a pandemic is imminent,” Ryan said. “At this stage we have to expect that phase 6 will be reached; we have to hope that it won’t be reached.”
more at Link...

[edit on 5/2/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
For the Tamiflu crowd...and those who might be looking for an alternate natural remedy...

Where do you think Tamiflu comes from, by the way?

It's extracted from the Traditional Chinese Medicine herb called Star Anise. It's one of hundreds of different anti-viral herbs found in Chinese Medicine, not to even mention anti-viral herbs from South America, North America, Australia, Africa and other regions.

I find it downright comedic that Big Pharma and the world's health authorities extract their "champion" anti-viral drug Tamiflu from a Chinese Medicine herb, and then they go out of their way to announce to people that herbs and natural remedies are useless against influenza. If that's the case then why are they using herbs to make their own medicine?

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Mexico faces criticism over swine flu response
news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hummm... What is behind all the school closures? Here is a little gem...

An excerpt from the Update on School (K – 12) Dismissal and Childcare Facilities: Interim CDC Guidance in Response to Human Infections with the 2009 Influenza A H1N1 Virus

Based on new information on circulation of a new influenza A (H1N1) virus among people in the US and Mexico first detected in April, 2009, this document provides updated interim planning guidance for State, territorial, tribal, and local communities. This guidance includes recommendations on school dismissal for K – 12 schools and closure of childcare programs and facilities and updates previously issued guidance on community mitigation interventions for this disease (April 28, 2009, www.cdc.gov...). School dismissal and childcare closures are an important part of a comprehensive, layered mitigation approach aimed at reducing disease transmission and associated morbidity and mortality during the 2009 H1N1 virus outbreak in the US.
The goals of these strategies are to slow the spread of the disease in a community to 1) delay the peak of the disease in order to “buy time” for the production and distribution of a vaccine against this new virus, 2) decrease the number of people who get sick from this virus in a given community, thus reducing the “surge” on healthcare systems, and 3) reduce the total number of people who get sick or die.

www.cdc.gov...

[edit on 2-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Buy time...nice...

WHO confirming backlog of suspected H1N1 cases
www.cnn.com...

GENEVA, Switzerland (CNN) -- The World Health Organization said Saturday that although it is still preparing for a pandemic, the rise of confirmed cases of swine flu to 615 was largely because of confirmation of suspected cases in Mexico.

"I would still propose that a pandemic is imminent because we're seeing the disease spread to other countries. We have not seen yet that sustained transmission outside one WHO region," said Dr. Michael J Ryan, the WHO's director of its global alert and response team.

"At this point we expect that phase 6 will be reached; we have to hope that it is not reached," he said.

"Pandemics are serious," he said, but it is important to note they describe "the geographic spread of the disease, not its severity."

The WHO reported 615 confirmed cases of swine flu, also known as 2009 H1N1, in 15 countries.

Most of the cases have been confirmed in Mexico, with 397 infected people, and 16 deaths attributed to the virus, WHO said.

Its increase in confirmed cases is from "ongoing testing of previously collected samples and not a surge of people falling sick," Ryan said.

Mexico's health minister said Saturday that his nation's total had reached 443, although that number was not reflected in the WHO's total. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also confirmed on Saturday a higher total of confirmed cases, 160, up from Friday's total of 141.

Ryan said other countries, including France, Germany, the United Kingdom, Spain and Israel, also had other confirmed cases that would be included in a updated WHO total later Saturday.
More at Link...

Seems they can't read their own reports...

Look for SIT-6 tonite or tomorrow after the other confirmations?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

‘I’ve never experienced anything like it’: England’s first victim to contract swine flu from another human speaks of his ordeal
www.dailymail.co.uk... l

Good afternoon i see you've already been at it for hours
you are dedicated

I know you're busy, but if you get a minute can you see if you can find this story again, i tried the link 3 times already and it keeps saying the page doesn't exist, or it's been moved ?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Apparently the link lost the "L" on HTML
fixed now...

Thought it got "sanitized"

Try this...

‘I’ve never experienced anything like it’: England’s first victim to contract swine flu from another human speaks of his ordeal
dailymail.co.uk

BTW: I saved it to disk...just in case

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I am giving it a go...lot of times breaking news links change after 24 hours, and get buried in the site somewhere.

I have a question for everyone

The extent of my knowledge is this: I am not aware of any children in my circle of family, freinds, coworkers, associates, neighbors, etc that have been administered an influenza vaccine! For heavens sake! Are they planning to vaccinate all the children with a "new flu vaccine" ? Why would they do that, if children (to my knowledge) are not routinely vaccinated?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Why would they want to have a vaccine that all the kids would have to accept?

Search "mandatory vaccine" in the search for the site, and take a gander at some of the potential scary stuff that is included.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Influenza A(H1N1) - update 10
www.who.int...

CDC Confirms Three Swine Flu Cases
www.todaystmj4.com...

Can anyone say, "BBQ fer all"? I knew that ya could!

Sudan, Khartoum: 15 Swine Farms Burned; Minister of Health Assures That Country Is Free of Influenza A (H1N1). #swineflu #H1N13 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Yes...Bingo!

Whoa! This is unprecedented! If this is what they are planning...in which case I am starting to see the "light coming from the bottom of the door in the back labratory"...well...this is most likely what is behind all the school closures!

Imagine, the frustration of all the parents, the interruption of the daily schedules, work problems created from that disruption, loss of work, loss of "effective education" schedules, etc! The parents will just cave out of sheer frustration!

I can just hear it now..."Well I did not want the kids to have another vaccination...but look at the problems if I dont agree!"

It could even be worse if they make it a "mandatory" vaccine!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
US, California, Ventura: Third Probable Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Prompts Jail Closure; Two Nurses Who Treated Cases Are Hospitalized4 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Doctors in California have new theory. flu may not have started in Mexico but rather has been floating around border region for months

online.wsj.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Can anyone say, "BBQ fer all"? I knew that ya could!

Star 4 you!

What is going on with all this mass hysteria concerning the poor piggys?
Why are they putting the hurt to the pork if the virus is not in them?
Is there an angle on this?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Thanks i too thought it had been sanitized

Did California's H1N1 come from Ohio...

evolvefresno.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I see no real angle...just the "swine" in NAU Flu...

@ chise61:

Texas lab swamped with swine flu samples
www.chron.com...

AUSTIN, Texas — Only a fraction of the nearly 2,500 nasal swabs sent to the state health department lab have been tested.

The Austin lab had tested 181 of the 2,492 nasal swabs received from counties around the state by Friday, Department of State Health Services spokesman Doug McBride told the Austin American-Statesman for Saturday's editions.

The lab's single testing machine became overwhelmed Wednesday when samples began flooding in from around the state. Three more machines are being added, more staff is being trained to run on two more shifts and the lab will work seven days a week to catch up, McBride said.

The lack of test results does not change how doctors treat patients, but makes an accurate count of cases impossible.

"I'd like to know how many (cases) there are," said Dr. Pat Crocker, medical director of Dell Children's Medical Center in Austin. "We have heard disappointingly little from the state."
More at Link...

Ill. swine flu update: 85 probable, 3 confirmed
www.suntimes.com...

US, Utah: Health officials confirm first influenza A (H1N1) case in the state; child from Park City with recent travel history to Mexico.2 minutes ago from web

12 new A/H1N1 cases confirmed in Europe
www.philstar.com...

Confirmed case of H1N1 flu found in Des Moines County, Iowa
www.wqad.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
US, Virginia: Lexington: State Officials Confirm Influenza A (H1N1) in a Washington and Lee Student; Third Confirmed Case in Virginia #H1N13 minutes ago from web

Hmmm...

H1N1: Government May Soon Tell Australians to Stock 14 Days of Supplies
www.infowars.com...

Australians could soon be asked to stock their pantries with food and water and prepare for an emergency, according to the Federal Government’s pandemic flu plan.

A manual outlining Australia’s response says that when the World Health Organisation moves to phase five, which it did yesterday, Australia will be in its “delay phase”.

This phase recommends that the Government implement border surveillance. It also recommends people develop plans to stay at home. This includes a direction to stock pantries with supplies for 14 days.

A Government website suggests three litres of water for each person each day, dried and long-life food, toilet paper, batteries, candles, matches, manual can openers and water sterilising tablets.

Analgesics, masks, gloves, a thermometer, disinfectant and prescription medications should also be stockpiled.
More at Link...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Illinois will switch to less aggressive testing for swine flu.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Now how will they keep the numbers correct if they focus mainly on the hospitalized patients with severe symptoms

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join