It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
5 Ways to track H1N1 Swine Flu global spread
www.technospot.net...

Google Earth H1N1 KML add-on
maps.google.com...

Panic over swine flu is breaking out all over
www.cleveland.com...

[edit on 5/2/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I was out all day taking my ma to all the stores she needed to go to and i didn't see any signs of people showing any fear of this flu outbreak.

Kids were all outside playing (after the rain stopped) stores were crowded as usual, heard a couple people saying that they weren't tryin to catch this swine flu (as if there are those who are tryin to catch it
), and of course traffic was horrible
But it just seemed like another normal day here, i did notice that there didn't seem to be as many people waiting at the bus stops maybe they're avoiding mass transit right now.

We're still at 51 suspected cases and 3 confirmed cases.

www.chicagobreakingnews.com...

I found a discrepency in their numbers though
and it's on the Illinois Department of Public Health website, give me a couple of minutes to pull up some stuff and i'll post it.

[edit on 5/2/2009 by chise61]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

H1N1 flu : 8 more probable cases
www.newsbubbles.org...
Saturday, May. 2nd 2009 12:09 AM

Eight more suspected cases of the new flu virus were identified in Minnesota on Friday, bringing the total for the first full week of the outbreak to nine. The Minnesota Department of Health said that three of the new cases are from Hennepin County, and one each is from Dakota, Wright, Polk, Scott and Isanti counties. None of the people who contracted the new H1N1 virus required hospitalization. All are at home and expected to make a full recovery, health officials said late Friday night. That means, they said, that the new flu which is rapidly evolving into a global flu pandemic, is so far behaving like standard seasonal influenza. The new cases have not yet been confirmed by the Centers...

Swine flu comes to Lane County Oregon now has five probable cases, with two suspected local cases involving elementary school children in Eugene
www.registerguard.com...

Hong Kong at 'critical moment' in H1N1 flu infection
ow.ly...

Hmmm...
DHS Transcript: "Anyone Exhibiting Swine Flu Symptoms Will Be Evaluated Before Proceeding To Their Destruction
roguegovernment.com

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Something I was talking to xoxo stacie about...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by xoxo stacie

That seems to be the consensus I'm seeing as well...

The NAU Flu it's self might not kill you, it's the secondary/tertiary attacks and infections on a already compromised immune system...

Not a nice thought...and there's still that 2nd/3rd mutation angle as well

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Ok hopefully i can post this so it makes sense

They are reporting Illinois has 51 suspected cases and 3 confirmed cases, however on the Illinois Department of Public Health's website i saw that they are double counting cases.

www.idph.state.il.us...

Open that link and look at the first chart, top right in green. It list the cases by city, or county.

They have listed under suspected cases; 15 Chicago, 11 Cook county, 11 DuPage county, 8 Kane county, 3 Will county, and 1 each in Kendall, Lake, and McHenry counties for a total of 51 suspected cases in Illinois.

Here's where the problem comes in, they are double counting Chicago's or Cook county's numbers

You see the entire city of Chicago is in Cook county, therefore Chicago's numbers are included in Cook county's numbers, so why are they listing them seperately
Which would mean somebody's numbers are being double counted right ? Now if they're doing that here where else are they doing it ?

What do you think, can you follow my line of reasoning, am i making sense, have i lost my mind

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Really? Yesterday zombies, and today we are sending people to their destruction? Can I pick tomorrow AM's headline? I'm pretty sure I could write an article about ET genes piggybacking on the brand new nifty vaccine we will all take in November.

This morning's news:

Sparse supplies at Harris County’s public hospitals and clinicsforced doctors to reserve the medication for hospitalized patients and health care workers, officials said. The hospital district is trying to obtain more Tamiflu doses, said Dr. Robert Atmar, who chairs the district’s infectious disease committee.

So, does that mean that every story we have seen in the Houston area that says someone was recovering after receiving Tamiflu, was at one time hospitalized or a health care worker?

The cost of Tamiflu — $100 per dose — was a major factor in the hospital district’s decision last year to stock minimal reserves, Atmar said.

If the hospital must pay $100 for each dose, and Texas has 840,000 doses available, then Roche and GKS have made over 8 million dollars from one state alone. I am so in the wrong business.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Smoking may help stop the cytokine storm caued by the flu ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Illinois opens hotline for H1N1 flu

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=6791956

@ spinkyboo; I've had asthma for many years, but i have been having increasing problems with my asthma and sinuses for over a year now, along with the fact that i am becoming allergic to more and more things all the time recently. For over a year now i have this thing where i start to get sick then it goes away only to come back and go away again, it's like there's something in my system that i just can't get rid of.

Edit for spelling

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I think it's time we both went to bed (separately of course
)

*I think* they're counting Chicago a separate entity in its self...

Combined they're 26, which, with the rest of the numbers works out right...

Otherwise it would be Chicago 15...Cook Co (c15+cc11)=26...which would be (c15+cc26)=41 + the others...Hmmm
*frazzle* I'm off for Re-Gen

There...I've made it a bigger mess than what you started out with...happy?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Hey...

I only report this *stuff* ...not write it

glasgowken: I WAS shocked by the first case of swine flu ," said the chap in Edinburgh. "Who thought people from Falkirk could afford to go to Mexico?"
half a minute ago from web

Nite Nite...ZZZzzz... *conk*

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

ok we're both gonna make a mess of these numbers. I get what you're saying, but it doesn't make sense for it to be that way as Chicago's numbers are supposed to automatically go into cook county's numbers, just like they do with all the other counties. Why seperate Chicago ?

Oh well either you're right or i'm right

It's about time you get some sleep

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Good night.

In case it was missed over night:

2 May 2009 -- The situation continues to evolve. As of 06:00 GMT, 2 May 2009, 15 countries have officially reported 615 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.

WHO Update 9

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Cameoii]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

China says it will quarantine all those who travelled on a flight from Mexico with a man suffering from swine flu, in a bid to curb the spread of the virus.

The 25-year-old man flew to Hong Kong via Shanghai on Thursday, and was admitted to hospital.

Beijing said it would put his fellow passengers under week-long observation. It also suspended flights from Mexico.

Mexico: 101 deaths estimated, 16 confirmed
US: One death, at least 141 confirmed cases
New Zealand: 4 confirmed, 12 probable cases
Canada: 35 confirmed cases
UK: 13 confirmed cases
Spain: 13 confirmed cases
Germany: 4 confirmed cases
France: 2 confirmed cases
Israel, Costa Rica: 2 confirmed cases each
The Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Hong Kong, South Korea: 1 confirmed case each

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Countries with confirmed cases of secondary transmission
Mexico
US
Canada
Spain
Germany
UK

BBC News

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I am starting to come to the conclusion that the flu issue with Mexico is a hoax........Last night three different ATS members living in Mexico said this flu stuff was BS.......that they could not find anyone who knew someone who has died or even sick??? One of the members says he is going to video the town and hospital and post on youtube...hope so.......

I am starting to think this all started in the U.S. and this is an attempt to completely collapse the economy of Mexico along with the U.S if we move into level 6.......

Originally posted by pmbhuntress

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by infinite

Goodmorning to all, I see the UK stayed busy here last night or I should say night for me..........

Infinite, very interesting numbers, Pandemic? What pandemic? 40 cases wilth very few probable? Hhmmmmmmmm

Before I crashed last night, three different members reported from Mexico that all of this flu stuff was BS.......and they could not even find anyone who knew of someone dying......

They even reported that yes people were wearing mask and gloves but the ER's were empty (as far as flu) cases. And no deaths??

In the U.S., I have verified people being sick and linked deaths to the virus that the CDC is not reporting on the east coast.....

Have there been more reports that this is BS in Mexico and maybe this virus really started in the US in an attempt to completely destroy the Mexican economy? Just a thought?

My husband has family in Mexico and is calling them daily, so far they have seen nothing. I have a strange feeling this is one of those new ways the government wants to destroy Mexico. I truthfully believe its a bunch of BS. My daughter caught a virus 2 months ago we all got it. According to the Dr. it was a killer virus. It also had headaches and high fever. At that time it was effecting children and elderly mostly. There had been 27 deaths just in NC at that time. I believe its the same virus. Yet it was hushed up at that time. It was not the regular flu. We had already had both of those strains for the year. My 6 year old almost died from it. But is now fine.

I believe its something that started here in the US. and just now we are seeing it. And hearing about it. A few others were talking in here about a week ago about them having a high fever with a virus, and this was over a month back. Sounds to me like the government is covering somehing up. It wouldnt be there first time to cover up something either.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Morning All, only in for a few min, then i have to "regen" *g* I'll be back up in a couple hours. Long day at work last night.
I see our fearless info god was very buisy last night. Man i would be lost without him. had a few pages to read to catch up when i got off work.

NEWS FLASH: Kermit the Frog Died today , His last words were "That Pig, She told me she was clean"

On another note, We have a unconfirmed report of a case here in montana. First one, although it was from a friend who talk to someone, So take that for what ya will. Could be real, could be a fib. Time will tell i'll keep a eye on it.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by severdsoul]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Israel, Tel Aviv: One New Influenza A (H1N1) Case Confirmed; Individual Recently Visited Mexico; Cumulative Total Reaches Three Nationwide2 minutes ago from web

Mexico: 39 Additional Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Confirmed, Including One New Fatal Case; Total Reaches 397 cases, 16 fatal. #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

BERLIN (AP) - German health officials say they have confirmed a sixth case of swine flu in the country.about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

Due to the progression of the ongoing Influenza A (H1N1) event worldwide, Veratect will focus Twitter posts on confirmed cases of Influenza A (H1N1) in the United States.about 3 hours ago from web

In Mexico, relatives say flu victims were pictures of health before illness
www.latimes.com...

Reporting from Mexico City -- First, one of Manuel Martinez's children fell ill. Then others in his family -- 12 people living under a single small roof in the state of Zacatecas -- became sick. Martinez, 42, was the last to catch the disease, and the only one in his family to die.

Daniel Lucio Fiscal, 35, a robust father of a small child, taught music in the elementary and high schools of San Luis Potosi. He took his family to a resort for Easter weekend, and then the headache and fever started. He died April 25.

Colleagues of college professor Jaime Alberto Ruiz Reyes at Mexico City's National Autonomous University knew that he was sick when he began missing class. The geophysical engineer and world traveler died nine days ago.
More at Link...

Lower Mexico flu death toll heartens nervous world
www.reuters.com...

Obama: US responding aggressively to flu outbreak
www.reuters.com...

RPT-Briton says he caught new flu during brief meeting
www.reuters.com...

ADB says prepared to assist Asian countries on flu
www.reuters.com...

ECDC SITUATION REPORT
ecdc.europa.eu...
Update 2 May 2009, 08:00 hours CEST

Within the last 24 hours, 12 new confirmed cases were reported in the EU and EEA/EFTA countries:

2 cases in Germany, 7 cases in the United Kingdom, as well as the first cases in France (2) and Denmark (1).

This brings the total to 39 confirmed cases in the EU and EEA/EFTA countries.

Three new occurrences of secondary human-to-human transmission (no travel history to affected areas) occurring in the EU were reported by Germany and the United Kingdom.

In Germany, a case was identified in a healthcare worker who had contact with a confirmed case.

In the United Kingdom, two cases were reported with no history of travel to Mexico.

This raises the total of cases with autochthonous transmission in the EU to 4, including the case previously reported in Spain1.

The new confirmed case from Denmark did not travel to Mexico but is suspected to have acquired infection in New York where he travelled.

Worldwide, 610 cases reported, 596 of which confirmed
More at Link...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Switzerland: Seven Aarau Canton government members with symptoms in isolation after flying from US with confirmed influenza A (H1N1) case.less than a minute ago from web

Italy, Massa: Regional Health Official Confirms One Influenza A (H1N1) Case With Recent Travel To Mexico; Health Ministry Has Not Confirmed7 minutes ago from web
------------------------------------------------------------
I'm really starting to have my doubts about this whole thing after Re-Gen'ing on it last night...

And going back to the "Back Door"...

Top Senate Democrat: Admits "Bankers Own Congress" on Radio

Hmmm...
Bioshield Two: And Now For Some Real "Pandemic" Insight... If You Dare

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I hear you my favorite Borg!!!

Can you possibly expand on those "doubts?" I'd like to hear what you are thinking because honestly,my brain is about fried.
I am sensing MANY are having some doubts but we're all just waiting for that next shoe to drop and it's so uncomfortable!

I feel like they are "making it up as they go along" just to see the reactions and the limits of how much BS people will actually swallow whole.

Do they quickly agree to meds and shots...oooohh....goody!

Carry on into phase two...

THEN they'll decide how it's to play out!

I'm hoping that the "Tupac sightings" on another thread turn out to be true so at least we'd have a gansta' among us we knew was a "real one",LOL!

[edit on 2-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Where did that number come from? Last I heard there were five possible cases in Utah. Three in park city, one in Weber county, and I'm not sure where the fifth case is. None of the tests have come in yet.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

FACTBOX-Measures against new flu in Europe
www.reuters.com...

US, Ohio: Reports Indicate CDC Has Confirmed a Second Influenza A (H1N1) Case In The State #swineflu #H1N13 minutes ago from web

Germany: Second Confirmed Domestic Human-To-Human Transmission Case in the Country #swineflu #H1N14 minutes ago from web

*Now that makes Germany...Spain...UK...Mexico...US...Nova Scotia as H2H Transmission? Level 6 near?*

Germany, Bavaria: Regional Ministry of Health Confirms Sixth Influenza A (H1N1) Case in Germany #swineflu #H1N15 minutes ago from web

Spain: All 15 confirmed influenza A (H1N1) cases country-wide have recently traveled to affected areas, excluding one case in Catalonia.9 minutes ago from web

Spain, Valencia: Two New Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Cumulative Confirmed Case Count Reaches Three in Province #swineflu10 minutes ago from web

US, Maine: Three new confirmed influenza A (H1N1) cases reported; York (2) and Penobscot (1) counties; #swineflu #H1N17 minutes ago from web
------------------------------------------------
This is most likely the "False Flag" everyone's been talking about...

At first this pandemic seemed reasonable, but...

A lot of Mexicans are "supposedly reporting" that they don't see/hear what we're being told/shown

In the Mexican Newspapers I've scanned, it shows hospital personnel in bio-garb, but, no masses of panicked, over-whelming patients

In a "Big List" of Mexican Newspapers...a lot seem "down" (Media Control for good or bad?)
www.onlinenewspapers.com...

Is this a way to collapse Mexico .gov to facilitate part of the NAU???

Is this a way to get at Mexico's Oil/resources???

Swine flu source spawns wild theories
www.reuters.com...

Then these things...

Obama reveling in U.S. power unseen in decades
www.reuters.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Barack Obama is reveling in presidential power and influence unseen in Washington for decades.

Barely 100 days in office, the U.S. president and his Democratic Party have firm control over the White House and Congress and the ability to push through ambitious plans.

Now, with the coming retirement of a Supreme Court justice clearing the way for him to appoint a successor, Obama already is assured a legacy at the top of all three branches of government -- executive, legislative and judicial.

On the corporate front, the federal government's pumping of billions of dollars in bailout money into banks and auto companies has given Obama the power to force an overhaul in those industries, a remarkable intervention in capitalist industries by the state.

Americans are giving him leeway as well. His job approval ratings are well over 60 percent, giving him political capital to undertake big challenges.
More at Link...

Barack Obama: First 100 Days
www.reuters.com...

And out of the blue?

U.S. Justice Souter resigns
www.reuters.com...

First Draft: Souter's retirement fires up Washington
blogs.reuters.com...

Hmmm...

Cyber chief needs to be in White House: experts
www.reuters.com...

U.S. health data czar sees role for government hand
www.reuters.com...

Sen. Reid optimistic on climate bill progress
www.reuters.com...

Commentary: Labor bill drama
www.reuters.com...

And you know all to well about all the doings on Wall St as of late...possible .Gov collapse/take-over to come?

U.S. regulators seize a bank to bankers
www.reuters.com...

Stress tests, Bernanke, flu to dominate week ahead
www.reuters.com...

UPDATE 2-Any Citi capital need seen as manageable-sources
www.reuters.com...

~

The most vulnerable could face new government capital infusions, which would extend Washington's reach over the sector and potentially put some CEOs' jobs on the line.

Just in todays headlines...Hmmm...To be Continued...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
That seems kind of ominous to me. I like Obama but should someone really have so much power. Isn't there some kind of balance?

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join