It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hmmm...opinions?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

RodrigoMx
twitter.com...

[edit on 5/1/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

How far back on twitter did you look? I am going to check, see if it is true.
I'll be back in a few.

Edit to add that it does make sense to do it over the weekend, and we are really already at a six according to the chart key, and I think that they changed the chart so it was not like from a 3 to a 6 in a few days.
This is really not adding up. Something is just not right.

bts~

[edit on 1-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

While you're doing that, I'm currently trying to maneuver around AP's site to see if I can find anything there.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Damn...I'd rather be dealing with a few ornery Zombies this evening than this insanity,LOL!

If they are REDUCING the # of dealths in Mexicothe suspected origin of the virus:

Reuters: Mexico Health Ministry says reduces estimation of deaths from new flu virus to as many as 101 people from 176
Poor wording,from Twitter.
Not as many as originally suspected?
And there haven't been reports of confirmed dealths in a while,right?

Then why oh why would they even REMOTELY be considering upping the Level to a flippin' 6?

Probably because it was the intent all along...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Gov. Linda Lingle says the World Health Organization is considering raising the pandemic alert level to phase 6, the highest level indicating a global outbreak of the swine flu.

Lingle says the possible move was discussed Friday on a conference call with federal and state health officials.

She says it is not an indication that the outbreak is more severe, or more people are getting sick or dying. It means the geographic distribution of the virus has widened.

News Flash
www.mlive.com.../base/national-10/1241232303247520.xml&storylist=health

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

WHO to raise alert level as H1N1 virus spread
ibnlive.in.com...

New Delhi: World Health Organisation (WHO) may raise its level of alert to a six depending the situation in Spain, which is the latest country to be hit by the H1N1 virus.

WHO decided to stop calling the disease swine flu in order to avoid confusion that the flu is caused by pigs.

Medical experts have already established that the disease spreads through human to human contact and not through pigs.

The name was changed after the agriculture industry and the UN food agency expressed concerns that the term 'swine flu' was needlessly misleading countries to order culling of pigs.

WHO will now refer to the disease using its scientific name H1N1 Influenza A.
More at Link...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

hummm. that is three news articles that pretty much say the same thing...
Time to stock up!

I would say we are in uncharted territory, waters, space. Outer Space.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
omfg, i wish that the media would make up its mind. Before it was saying on the news that there is 1 confirmed case in aus and that the guy and his friends have been given tami flu, and then about 30 min later they are doin a recap and say that there are no confirmed cases in aus...!!! Truth... please?

Cherry

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryDuck

Yes, I think that is pretty much the way it is going down.

Like Reuters publishing the statement from WHO saying they revised their chart...then Reuters retracts the statement, then WHO changes thier chart!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

So...the game is a foot now ???

I can't wait fer this load of carp to come out...

Good thing I'm stocked up...just hope the power/internet grid holds

And the quiet is deafening now...Hmmm...like before a thunderstorm...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Well if my tired brain serves me right, I would say that I remember the day or two before they changed the level to a 5 there were similar news articles. You remember the same?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Yep...very similar...a small blurb leaked and contradicting statements... then it came...

3 more probable swine flu cases in Orange County
mlive.com

Health officials warn college students about flu
mlive.com

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Interesting info on this thread:

"I live in Mexico Have a Apple service center and we get lot of people in our store and service and touch dozens of laptops everyday, we only disinfect the floor once a day and wash our hand every 30 minutes, we are not using N95s.

I am the administrator of 2 very large websites auto related and we have threads there that ask for ANYONE to post if they know someone sick or dead from the flu, with 5000 members jsut in the city NOT A SINGLE ONE.
\\I am not saying all this is a lie, I am saying that a lot of folks are getting on the EOTW bandwagon.

The doctor that put the info is full of it, I live within 2 minutes of 2 of the largest private hospitals and thre are no signs of alarm, nor ambulances or full parking lots, in facts they were quite empty.

So just take care be safe and dont belive that MExico city has dead people on the streets and dying by the thousands, that is simply BS.\

HEck I went to chillis last weekend and have worked even today...damn fear machine 24/7"

He is going to try and post on youtube tomorrow.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Hmmm...so maybe I won't need this then ???

Dang...I really wanted to use it at least once...

And still nothing...from anywhere...Hmmm...*chirp...chirp...chirp*

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Yep, something has not added up since day one........but there are sick people, I have confirmed that here in the US and the CDC is covering them up.

My source even with the CDC says its mutating.......

Maybe this thing never started in Mexico.........

So many conflicting stories......

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Really pretty colors though,LOL!

I hope to hell you won't have to use it but it's all just so dicey to me...

Almost impossible to make a sane determination,I predict a most interesting weekend one way or another!

Get some rest Hx3!!!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I agree,something has people sick and I too have thought that perhaps it didn't originate in Mexico?
I'd like just one flippin' day of honesty so I could possibly try to get back a little faith in how my country operates again.
It's going downhill fast for me in that department,I don't allow anyone or thing to treat me like I "don't matter" and boy are they ever!!!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I got a few hours of Re-Gen this morning and had a nice cold Exo-Skeleton Sonic-Shower a few ago...I'm primed fer now!

Hmmm...strangeness...

And...

@esjWBRU from deaths from H1N1 + flu-like illness + influenza A + other respiratory casesabout 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to esjWBRU

@esjWBRU I think was a mistake mixing all, so thats why media was in panic all week and countries are still in hysteria mode.about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to esjWBRU

@Matthewhurrican Nothing here... all is in Central Mexico. Im in Bajaabout 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to Matthewhurrican

@BetsC I think for the shut downs. BTW health minister mixed all flu-related deaths; confirmed by lab are less...17 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to BetsC

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I found this a bit deeper by digging into the WHO site.
It is a pdf file that has the Threat Level Pandemic Chart in it, but with a lot more info...such as what it really means for a Level 6.

www.who.int...

It is safe...I have opened it twice.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I just opened it and it wasn't five minutes later the door bell rang and acorn was there wanting to GPS my house...........

Well I am just practicing writing a post like this for when it happens....

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join