It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hmmm...after scanning the headlines it appears TPTB are going with the "fizzed flu/vaccine on the way" angle...all is good now...carry on...

US, Massachusetts: CDC Confirms Influenza A (H1N1) in Coast Guard Lieutenant Stationed at Buzzards Bay, #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

[edit on 5/1/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
We recieved an email from our head office for a major shopping centre complex here in Australia stating that there will be emergency procedures in place should the warning level for the Swine flu be increased....

evacuations and emergency service's to be called in the event of a group of customers becoming sick within a small area lol

paranoia is taking effect here in Newcastle OZ.....

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
US, Michigan, Ottawa County: A Total of Ten Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Detected #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

US, Tennessee, Nashville: One More Probable Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Registered; A Total of Two Cases at Harding Academy #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

US, Texas: Fort Bend County: Four Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Recorded #swineflu1 minute ago from web

US, Rhode Island, Providence: One Probable Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Under Investigation #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

Photos from Mexico by rodrigomx
twitpic.com...

Flu shutdown spoils Mexico's holiday weekend
www.reuters.com...

China suspends flights from Mexico
www.chinadaily.com.cn...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Anyone remember the post by cosmicpixie in regards to the Doctor in Comal county, Texas? I wonder if it would be possible to communicate with him and find out if he believes this strain to be fizzling out or not. We have been trying to contact my sister in law for her input, but no answer so far. This is one of the many times I wish I had a Doctor in the family!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

No answer? For how long? Hmmm...hoping nothing bad...

Tent city at Austin hospital opens to treat children with flu symptoms
www.keyetv.com...

A tent city is now up and running, treating children with flu-like symptoms at Austins' Dell Children’s Medical Center.

But while visits to the ER are up, doctors caution that's no indication of an epidemic.

“We have been very busy at Dell Children's Medical Center, seeing about 50 to 70 percent more patients than usual,” explained Dr. Pat Crocker, medical director of the center’s emergency department. “Right now, the patients we're seeing far and away have some other routine cold virus.”
More at Link...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

The hubby isn't too worried. He says she never answers her phone! I'm not sure if she would know anything new or not. She just finished training and I believe was set to be deployed in a few months.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
US, Macomb County: Two Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Detected #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Australia, Victoria: Eight Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Under Investigation #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

US, Michigan: Hillsdale: One Probable Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Detected #swineflu4 minutes ago from web
it's right under me!!!

Australian Capital Territory: Six Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Under Investigation #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Star 4 You!

Hummm...Check this out!
Will NorthCom take over in Swine Flu Outbreak?

He noted that NorthCom has prepared for a flu outbreak from Mexico. “Because Mexico is our neighbor and disasters do not respect national boundaries, we are focused on developing and improving procedures to respond to potentially catastrophic events such as pandemic influenza outbreak, mass exposure to dangerous chemicals and materials, and natural disasters,” he testified.

progressive.org...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

CosmicPixie has this thread,

Hope this points you in the right direction.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

No doubt "they" have plans in place to deal with all kinds of nasty things, only they, (ok us too
) could think of...

Speaking of Nasty Things...

"Swiped" this from one of the other "brother threads"...

Yep...my silly neighbors have done it now...NAU Flu all around me...have to get the BOB in the batters box now...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Fear machine in progress. RT @BNOStaff: AP: State health department says Missouri has 2 more suspected swine flu cases6 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Three U.S. carriers cut Mexico flights on flu fears
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Sometimes you just have to laugh in the face of doom and gloom.

Mexicans dealing with the crisis.

Mexico turns to humor, creativity to endure flu

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96654170e77e.jpg[/atsimg]

MEXICO CITY - Televisa is cutting all "nonessential" kisses from its soap operas. A song called the "Influenza Cumbia" is climbing the charts. Cringe-worthy swine flu jokes are spreading faster than the illness ever could.

As Mexicans lock themselves inside in fear of the virus, they can't help but have a little fun with it as well.

Maybe we should all learn from their example.

Laugh in the face of FEAR!

Mexican officials are claiming that the virus is "stabilizing"

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Yep your right. Downright bad! Like that "coordinated standard"
The Chest came out with...so all the hopistals have the same standard!

[edit on 1-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

The odd thing about that is that I have been having allergy symptoms year-round, having a hard time breathing, and having some abdominal problems. I was tested for asthma, but everything was normal apparently. All I can remember is being that way and now suddenly, for the past few days, I've been feeling healthy. I can't remember the last time I actually felt healthy. Weird.

reply to post by Cameoii

Well... at least it's voluntary. For now, anyway.

Anyway, the results for that test here in Utah was supposed to come in today, but my mother told me this morning that the samples were just sent in yesterday, so we probably won't find out the results until Monday. She thinks the samples in Park City have been sent in already and will come in sooner, though.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
And as long as I'm at it...
For those who don't know about my avatar references...

Part 10 covers the lower part...@ 3:45 is one of the parts I can see happening...

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

White House says full pandemic "somewhat likely"
www.news.com.au...
May 02, 2009 07:35am

The White House says the World Health Organization is "somewhat likely'' to raise its flu alert to the highest level, phase six, which would signal that the world is in a pandemic.

"I think it is somewhat likely that in the next few days that the WHO will raise their alert level. I think most people anticipate that,'' spokesman Robert Gibbs told reporters at his daily briefing early today.

"That won't change our preparation because we have always planned for doing all that is necessary to ensure the protection of the American people,'' said Gibbs, who is President Barack Obama's lead spokesman.
More at Link...

Confirmed number of global swine flu cases: 367 and counting
www.cnn.com...
updated 9 minutes ago

US, Washington, Spokane: County’s Second Probable Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified in Son of County’s First Probable Case #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Flu fears alter life at U.S. universities
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Nice Video Set! I am looking forward to watching!
Like it how they say it is "likely" they will raise the threat level?

Somehow, even Zombies dont seem scary anymore!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Fer Real !!!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks new...I expect anythings possible at this point...

Zombies...UFO's...Asteroids...Earthquakes...NWO...Government Collapse...

Hmmm...

Reuters: Mexico Health Ministry says reduces estimation of deaths from new flu virus to as many as 101 people from 176half a minute ago from TweetDeck

OSU student may have swine flu
news.cincinnati.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Thanks for that link. I have discovered that the original email has been retracted by Dr. Gitterle. So I guess my
idea of contacting him now, wouldn't be to productive.

When I sent out an email to close friends and family a couple of days ago, I had no idea it would be edited, twisted and sent around the world. Unfortunately, it has. I intended only to help my close friends and family
understand the seriousness of this epidemic. I was not making an official public health statement. To set the
record straight, I cannot speak more highly of Comal County Judge, Danny Scheele, Comal County School
officials, Dr. Overman, and the tireless staff of our County Health Department. They acted with great
professionalism and temerity, in choosing to close schools for 10 days, and I believe it is already having
an effect on the spread of the virus. Likewise, hospitals in the region, including my own, have been doing
incredible work in managing the patient care mission created by this epidemic. Administrators in my hospital
system are truly rising to the occasion, and I am proud of their work. I also think that at the national level,
excellent decisions have been made to support the fight against this virus. One of those excellent decisions was
to make certain that ample supplies of appropriate medication are available to manage an epidemic such as
this. Finally, the media is responding with some really excellent reporting on a complex, emotion-laden subject,
without fanning the counterproductive flames of fear and paranoia. If there is a message I would like to convey,
it is to take this flu seriously, and stay safe. How? By supporting the decisions of our public officials, and paying
close attention to CDC and Health Department announcements and guidelines. If we do that, we can win this
battle.

"Finally, I want to clarify that I did not, and do not feel that the media is intentionally misleading
anyone; rather, I think that this is a confusing, rapidly evolving situation, and it is easy for even
trained professionals to become confused about the subtle distinctions between microbiologic
confirmation and clinical diagnosis. I applaud the judicious, thoughtful reporting I have been seeing.
I think the media has been by and large very responsible and helpful throughout this epidemic.
Likewise, the Health Department and CDC are not misleading anyone, I think that again, the same
technical communication issues apply."

The original text of the email can be found here. He doesn't really change his position all that much. Instead
he kind of sugar coats it.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Hummm.....

Well all I have to say, is while I dont know that doctor...it seems what he is trying to say is that the novel flu virus should be contained.

Hummm...still something is not right in the world with this whole
idea of this virus, the quarentines, the school closures.

For instance, when is the last time you heard of school closures for the flu?

Something is up. Only time will tell.

Thanks for posting that here.

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join