It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Swine flu: two human-to-human transmissions confirmed in UK
www.telegraph.co.uk...

US, Massachusetts: Health authorities send sample from Framingham resident to CDC for testing. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

UK, England, Bristol: School Closed, Students Being Monitored and Given Anti-Viral In Response Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1)#swineflu2 minutes ago from web

UK, Scotland, Ayrshire and Arran: 29 Possible Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Under Investigation in Nine Health Board Jurisdictions #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

US, New Jersey: CDC confirms two new influenza A (H1N1) cases in Burlington and Somerset Counties; state total rises to seven #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

First confirmed swine flu case reported in CT
www.theday.com...

[edit on 5/1/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

VERY interesting post: I began suffering with horrible asthma symptoms less than 1.5 years ago,never having had it before.
Control them now with strict diet and exercise,no more of the horrible meds they tried to get me to take.
Was told it was "as if the outer lining of my lung-tissue had suffered exposure to something",no further elaboration...I have never smoked a cigarette or worked in any job that woud expose me to toxins.I do live rural and "stuff" is sprayed onto the fields but this was severe and rapid deterioration.
It just "started up..." confounded even the pullmonologist at the time as to why someone so healthy would have this happen.
Thanks for making me dig a bit deeper!

[edit on 1-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Confirmed number of global swine flu cases: 363 and counting
www.cnn.com...
updated 1 hour, 2 minutes ago

AP: District of Columbia officials say the city has two probable cases of swine flu3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Panama nabs American suspected of having H1N1 flu
www.reuters.com...

U.S. antiviral supplies tighten as prescriptions soar
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Personal note: Upscale mall near San Antonio was PACKED and couldn't even get a space near where I wanted to eat.Stores were semi-crowded.
Restaurant had a 1/2 hour wait for lunch,noted for fish fresh from the Coast,just a few miles from Mexico mind you.

Movie theater line was long and I didn't wait,many "pig jokes" everywhere but NO sign of a slow down of any sort anywhere today!
It's just life as usual for most and unless TPTB get on the tube and make a statement that "things aren't good" it will remain that way for the most part.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

It is the same over here in the UK people don't really seem to be taking it seriously. My family is more interested in laughing at jokes they receive on their mobiles about it.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Brazil: Seven Suspected Cases Nationwide, Minas Gerais (3), São Paulo (2), Rio de Janeiro (1), Espírito Santo (1).#swineflu #H1N11 minute ago from web

Brazil, São Paulo: Two Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Total of Seven Suspected Cases Nationwide. #swineflu #H1N13 minutes ago from web

FACTBOX: Countries slap bans on pork after flu outbreak
www.reuters.com...

Say what?!?
Inflatable mortuaries, 24-hour cremations and "express" funerals could all be used to dispose of thousands of bodies in a flu pandemic, Whitehall papers show.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Bolivia, La Paz: Three Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Dismissed in El Alto. #swineflu #H1N1less than a minute ago from web

US, District of Columbia: Two George Washington University Students Under Investigation as Probable Influenza (H1N1) Cases #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

US, Connecticut: CDC confirms the first influenza A (H1N1) case in a Stratford resident who had recently traveled to Mexico. #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

Fiji: Two Suspected Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Ruled Out #swineflu #H1N15 minutes ago from web

Mexico, Mexico State: State Governor Confirms Total of Five Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1)5 minutes ago from web

Japan, Tokyo: Infant tests positive for influenza A (H1N1) upon arrival at airport from the US; infant and 14 passengers isolated. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Influenza A(H1N1) - update 8.1
www.who.int...

Benin: Three Individuals Who Had Contact With Suspected Case Being Tested. #swineflu #H1N12 minutes ago from web

Benin: One Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Case Reported In An Expatriate Returning From Mexico. #swinefluless than 10 seconds ago from web

US, California: Health officials identify fifth probable influenza A (H1N1) case in a healthcare worker of Sacramento County. #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

US, Delaware: Five new probable influenza A (H1N1) cases at the University of Delaware; total reaches 17 #swineflu6 minutes ago from web

New York City says ready for flu crisis
www.reuters.com...

westseattleblog: mayor says city emergency ops center has been activated because of flu situation (#swineflu briefing under way now)
half a minute ago from web

Eight Amherst College students in isolation with unconfirmed swine flu
www.boston.com...

Swine Flu: China Quarantines 300 In Hong Kong Hotel
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hx3_1963, your so busy I want to make sure you saw this posters post

see below;

Originally posted by redhead57
I have been babysitting today so was away. So much going on.

As much as some people hate the friend of a friend stuff, I feel this is important. So..my best friend has a close friend that I know casually, but have given her a couple readings so I know she is of a good character.

She is some sort of VP at a local utility company and called my best friend this morning. This was their second Pandemic meeting and they were told to expect travel restrictions and for the state to shut down for a week to ten days sometime this month with the soonest being in 7 days. She said that they were told to have at least a weeks supply of everything on hand as travel would be restricted and no one was getting out. They are working on a way to keep things moving with a skeleton staff, expecting large numbers of employees unable to get to work due to illness or the shut down.

I am so glad to have finally heard something like this around here. The way the County Executive and Health Director were hedging yesterday this does not surprise me in the least. NOT AT ALL.

I have noticed all day they keep siting some low number of deaths in Mexico too like ten or something. They are likely talking about new deaths but the way it sounds to a casual listener......nothing is done that is not for a purpose.

I just want to know the real numbers, but with pneumonia being so often the cause of death from these flu's I doubt we will have a clue until this is really bad. I just pray it is not going to hurt alot of people, it is already painfully obvious that most of us are going to get this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Not good...thanks...I think...

How fast-moving swine flu hopscotched the globe
www.washingtonpost.com...

HCNews: Florida has a toll free number for residents and visitors to receive infor on swine flu. The Florida Flu Information Line is 800-342-3557
less than 10 seconds ago from web

IA health officials twitter swine flu updates
www.chicagotribune.com...
Updated: 50 minutes ago

NC nearly misses 'probable' swine flu case
www.reflector.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Say what?!?
Inflatable mortuaries, 24-hour cremations and "express" funerals could all be used to dispose of thousands of bodies in a flu pandemic, Whitehall papers show.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Did you check that out?

In the worst-case scenario, the bodies of the dead could also be stored in refrigerator trucks. Coffins would be reused to cope with the huge numbers of fatalities.

Department of Health projections put the total UK death toll from a pandemic as high as 750,000. It was confirmed in 2006 that officials have ordered millions of extra body bags as a precaution.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Yep sure enough did read it...kinda scary the things people think of all day eh?
Like this...

Mexicans turn to dark humor, creativity to endure swine flu crisis
www.fox4kc.com...

Tarrant County Tx Public Health Update
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.tarrantcounty.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

VERY interesting post: I began suffering with horrible asthma symptoms less than 1.5 years ago,never having had it before.
(snip)
It just "started up..." confounded even the pullmonologist at the time as to why someone so healthy would have this happen.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by irishchic]

Yes - most of the cases I know of (which are many) - started
about a year and a half ago as well.
Same scenario as yours - Sudden onset - no prior problems - and no reason why -
Lots of folks were started on asthma meds - inhalers -

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hmmm...

H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)
www.cdc.gov...

~

What You Can Do to Stay Healthy

# Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures.

# Develop a family emergency plan as a precaution. This should include storing a supply of food, medicines, facemasks, alcohol-based hand rubs and other essential supplies.

# Call 1-800-CDC-INFO for more information.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Star for You!

Seriously...that is the worst thing I have seen! I thought only Horror Science Fiction Authors thougt up stuff like that!

I just googled that..."Planning for Possible Influenza Pandemic: A Framework for Planners Preparing to Manage Deaths"

1st 2 pages on google come up E.U. Gov Sites, etc!.

Here is one...if anyone wishes to verify:
www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk... The PDF is actually open and not classifed IMO.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I stopped using them about a month after I was diagnosed: they made my vision blur,my hands shake,and I felt all "head-rushy and nausous" every time I used one.

Honestly a serious restriction of my diet and lots of exercise has worked wonders but the "damaged tissue" is still there.

The inhalers will kill you,IMO.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Yes wash your hands AFTER you have been everywhere in town first! Gotta spend that money!

Even in my little town PPL are PISSED that we bugged out for the week. The school is REALLY really mad.

It is like if they have to be part of the brave sheeple, they dont want others to be 'different'.

I cannot stress how bad this bothers me in this kind of climate. They will FORCE the antivirals on children and people soon and force them to continue to school, church. malls, theaters and the like.

I am MAD!!! My son HAD to go to school tonight after bugging out all week or be threatened to be held back! He has tested in the 89-90% and higher on his state and national tests all of his life!

I HATE this form of fricking controll, BUT people see this as THE False Flag.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I've been reading and lurking most of the day, but this involves what you guys are discussing, so here ya go!

Survival kit: Use this checklist to get ready for a pandemic.

In a disaster or during a health emergency such as a flu pandemic, keep in mind that neighborhood grocery stores and gas stations may run out of supplies. Essential services such as electricity, telephone and health care may be disrupted or shut down. Be prepared by assembling a survival kit to get you through tough times.

MSN Health

There is a decent survival kit list in the remaining parts of the article. I imagine several of us at ATS know this list inside and out by now!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I couldn't agree with you more. My children have already missed some school this year do to illness and moving. Now I cannot choose to keep them home, because it breaks the law. I almost find myself hoping that their schools will close. It would be one less worry for my family.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
reply to post by antar

I couldn't agree with you more. My children have already missed some school this year do to illness and moving. Now I cannot choose to keep them home, because it breaks the law. I almost find myself hoping that their schools will close. It would be one less worry for my family.

And this is clearly what needs to change. How can we be made to do what we think is best as parents? When did it become a crime to keep your child home from school if your better sense tells you to do just that?
We are run like mice in a political system made maze.
The true new world order will not allow this to happen.
We will be in charge of ourselves. The way it was meant to be.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Influenza A(H1N1) - update 8.1
www.who.int...

US, California: Health officials identify fifth probable influenza A (H1N1) case in a healthcare worker of Sacramento County. #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

Well, if my very recent experience is any indication (see page 64 of this thread), we are going to see alot more healthcare providers testing positive for this virus very soon.

I thought "First Responders" were supposed to take extra precautions in "emergency" situations?

Isn't the WHO declaring a "Level 5" world health emergency considered to be an Emergency Situation?

Of course, if you wanted to limit the health care available during a (the) Real pandemic emergency, you'd fisrt want to make sure that there weren't enough care providers healthy/available Before you released the actual viral coup-de-grace.

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join