It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

The Daily Show...

Keep it comin Hx3_1963!

It is starting to look

Medical officials at Joint Base on alert for H1N1 flu virus

Golden Nugget of truth buried in an article...

The Defense Department's worldwide influenza monitoring program credited the medical staff at Randolph Air Force Base, Texas, for helping to identify the H1N1 virus detected in two 16-year-old boys in mid-April. Both boys have made full recoveries, and no additional cases have been identified at the Randolph clinic, a medical official there said.

Defense Department officials are monitoring the H1N1 outbreak closely, with their primary focus on protecting the military population, a senior Pentagon official said April 27.

The Pentagon is organizing a task force that would help with transportation, logistics and distributing medical supplies in the event of a pandemic, a news report said.
President Barack Obama told the National Academy of Sciences the emerging incidence of H1N1 in the United States "is obviously a cause for concern and requires a heightened state of alert, but it's not a cause for alarm."

www.mcguire.af.mil...

[edit on 30-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Swine flu: Park City parents calm and kids celebrating as schools close
www.sltrib.com...

Mayfest, Fort Worth ISD Shut Down Over Flu Worries
Cleburne, Fort Worth close entire school districts
www.nbcdfw.com...

Italy, Roma: One More Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Case Tests Negative; MOH Suggests One Week Self-Quarantine for Mexico Travellers#swineflu3 minutes ago from web

WILL COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCES THREE PROBABLE CASES OF SWINE FLUless than a minute ago from web

beagleone: FTW's Mayfest events are shutdown as health officials declared that all outdoor public gatherings must be canceled due to swine flu concerns
less than 20 seconds ago from TweetDeck

waltmac: @koolrazychic Yes, and there was just a confirmed case of Swine Flu in the Lewisville school district. No word of closures there or not yet.
less than 20 seconds ago from web

ShaunAhmad: 13 Cruise Ships redirected to Harbor Bay (San Diego) because they can't stop in Mexico (Swine Flu Central) $2 mil extra revenue for the city

I just saw on channel 5 news here in DFW area and they confirmed again that Mayfest and almost all outdoor events are cancelled. They also talked about the 26 confirmed cases here....but also said there are 13,000 samples still to test just from the state!!!! This was just on about 30 seconds ago!!!!

Edit: They also said they are asking to set up a field lab in Dallas.

(per buni11687)

[edit on 4/30/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

It would be a nice question to pose to your Governor, see where stands on the issue and if he is giong to make sure the feds stay out of state business.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Lithuania, Panevezio: Family of Three Suspected With Influenza A (H1N1) After Father Returns From U.S. #swineflu #H1N12 minutes ago from web

JUST IN: Corona Fire Department declares emergency because of swine flu
blogs.pe.com...

MzAngellic: Okay this Swine flu thing has me a lil concerned... 45 cases in NYC...
less than 10 seconds ago from web

ljensen1: @katpavisic I wasn't worried about the swine flu until my school sent me an email today telling us that it is likely to become a pandemic.

UTB/TSC to Hold Swine Flu Forum
www.krgv.com...

smart19323: I can't believe 2 people got swine flu in massachusetts! so close 2 home
less than 10 seconds ago from mobile web

Norway, Nordland Bodo: Two Individuals Suspected with Influenza A (H1N1) Infection Awaiting Test Results #swineflu #H1N12 minutes ago from web

City Continues to Monitor Swine Flu Outbreak
Illinois Department of Public Health Reporting 17 Probable Cases of Swine Flu in Illinois
www.naperville.il.us...

5 new swine flu cases confirmed in B.C.
www.cbc.ca...

Plano ISD Closes Wilson Middle School Due to Case of Swine Flu
www.pisd.edu...

Confirmed swine flu cases leap
www.cnn.com...
updated 2 hours, 57 minutes ago

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
St. Louis Health Director plans for Swine Flu shutdowns
www.kmox.com...

Swine flu: Seguin district closes
www.sanmarcosrecord.com...

Four new cases of swine flu — or influenza A — confirmed in Alberta
www.metronews.ca...

Three Florida cases sent to CDC for swine flu testing
ow.ly...

riemix: so supposedly there is/was one case of swine flu in reno... huh. weird...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

You can bet the people that live in Mexio will be coming over for the ones in the US,LOL!

I bet they will.

I'm sure they won't cancel the ones here in Chicago either, hispanic population is way too big it'd start a damn riot.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
gabbagabbahey87: Scared because I have to go on a Flight tomorrow w/ my daughter and I don't want us to catch swine flu...I live like 3 hours from Mexico

Australia, Darwin: Two Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Ruled Out #swineflu #H1N1less than 20 seconds ago from web

Israel, Netanya: 75-Year-Old Woman Hospitalized; Influenza A (H1N1) Suspected. Health Ministry Deploys Doctors to Entry Points. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Some of those reports are disconcerting to say the least!

Why in the world would they need to declare an emergency?

Corona Fire Chief David Waltemeyer has declared a local emergency in connection with the outbreak of swine flu, following similar declarations by Riverside County and state officials.
The emergency declaration allows the city to qualify for assistance and to work with other agencies if needed, a news release from the Corona Fire Department stated.
Three Riverside County schools have been closed through May 6 because of possible cases of swine flu.

blogs.pe.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Mexico: Foreign Citizens “Rushing” to Leave Mexico Due to Influenza A (H1N1) Outbreak. #swineflu #H1N12 minutes ago from web

damontaugher: Trying to keep pace with the media attention to swine flu. Looks like there are two cases in Oxnard today.

NathanReitan: Sick, seven more cases of swine flu in seattle area.
less than 20 seconds ago from txt

1 confirmed case of swine flu in Quebec
Health officials say first case is mild and in the Montreal area
www.cbc.ca...

Peru, Callao: Previously Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Case Now Dismissed. #swineflu #H1N1less than 20 seconds ago from web

Scientists dig for lessons from past pandemics
www.cnn.com...

kissmedeadli: So i'm beginning to get really freaked out over the Swine Flu. Apparently it's spreading through Texas now. Great. :/

Australia, Western Australia: One suspected influenza A (H1N1) case had contact with confirmed New Zealand case. #swineflu #H1N11 minute ago from web

Australia, Western Australia: 8 suspected influenza A (H1N1) cases ruled out; six pending test results. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

It's SIT-X!!! Whaaaaaa... Hmmm...sorry...

They "know" things...in the "loop"...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I just spotted this. The child that was suspected to have the swine flu in the school that was closed here in Chicago yesterday is now in the hospital.

www.chicagobreakingnews.com...

Two more schools in Illinois have been shut down due to suspected cases, both in Kane county, which is two counties away from Chicago.

www.chicagobreakingnews.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
colleenmclark: just back from mexico, and OMG, i would just LOVE for one more person to make a joke about swine flu.

jwblick: Well I made it through the Miami and Chicago airports and so far none of my kids have swine flu. Cool. *FOOL*
less than 10 seconds ago from TwitterFon

sarahw0604: oh no, the swine flu is in iowa :S

Swine flu outbreak prompts sports cancellations
www.washingtonpost.com...

joestxgirl: seriously yall this is crazy, the county closed down all skools cuz of swine flu, and now they closed all parks!!!
less than 20 seconds ago from TweetDeck

Thailand, Nonthaburi: 56-Year-Old Male from Australia Being Tested for Influenza A (H1N1) after Running a Temperature At Airport #swineflu1 minute ago from web

WutUp: The swine flu is getting more real as it gets closer to home, 10 cases in SC and 1 possible case at school. Almost scary.

Swine flu scare at Hermitage Academy
www.helensburghadvertiser.co.uk...

Mexico, Playa del Carmen: 20 Argentine Tourists Forced to Remain in Cancun and Playa del Carmen for Influenza A (H1N1) Testing #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Japan's first suspected swine flu case linked to B.C.
www.vancouversun.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
UK, Wales: Seven New Suspected Cases of Influenza A (H1N1); Test Results for 19 of 27 Suspected Cases in Wales Still Pending #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

ParksPathToCash: There is a case of Swine Flu in Kentucky now. Just heard it on the local news in Louisville. Kentucky has 300,000 vaccines available.

Utah_Guru: Governor Huntsman confirmed that Utah has the Swine Flu Virus. Everyone needs to protect from anyone that is ill.

Mona621: Swine flu......:-( in maryland and DC
less than 10 seconds ago from txt

DaDaLou: The first case of swine flu hit multnomah county today. Please be careful and wash your hands like crazy.
less than 10 seconds ago from txt

Man Is Toronto's First Swine Flu Case, As Canadian Total Soars To 34
www.citynews.ca...

bensouthwestmi: Swine Flu: Huntington Woods Elementary is being thoroughly cleaned, but not shut down. Ada Vista Elementary School is closed.

elitefencer: One confirmed swine flu case in Brighton and Livingston County. It's getting a little too close for comfort now...:/ #swineflu
real close 2 me...

Chile: Chilean Health Officials have Acknowledged 26 Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Nationwide3 minutes ago from web

allianceman: Someone at ND has come down with swine flu. Maybe this will make it so Obama will not speek there after all.

This is getting out of control faster and faster it appears...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
labeledamanda: aww swine flu is now in my state...i feel scareddd

Utah 'Health Czar' reassures public over swine flu worries
www.abc4.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Maybe a money grab? Capitalize on the panic by declaring emergencies,
grab some Fed money? Who knows, it just seems odd to me the reactions of governments.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Computational quantitative projections for swine flu dynamics in the United States
must have!
www.mercurynews.com...

Georgia Swine Flu Patient Was In Mexico
www.wsbtv.com...#-

Mexico, Jalisco: 70 Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Under Investigation; 80 Previously Suspected Cases Dismissed. #swineflu #H1N12 minutes ago from web

Confirmed Calif. swine flu cases rise to 16
www.mercurynews.com...

JadeAshley1: dude walking down Robertson Blvd. wearing a swine flu mask....really?? WTF!!
less than 20 seconds ago from mobile web

3 new cases of swine flu close 2 more Valley schools
www.abc15.com...

KSFYActionNews: Probable case of Swine Flu in Marshall County. Victim is on home isolation. Sample being sent to CDC lab in Atlanta for testing.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Yes maybe a money grab the thought crossed my mind as well.

My new avatar? Anyone? Mamma said mamma said!
Wash your hands first!

Really cool website! ...MHS Military Health System Website
www.health.mil...

DOD Pandemic Influenza Watchboard (Added to my *Best* List)
fhp.osd.mil...

Very Informative Dont miss these links!

[edit on 30-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Mmmm...sudzy...DOH!

First swine flu case confirmed in Kentucky, a second suspected
www.news-tribune.net...

stinabutt: I just walked by a group of students wearing medical surgeon masks. Damn you swine flu for making my peers look retarded.
less than 10 seconds ago from TwitterFon

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Travelers Screened at US/Mexican Border for Flu:

"Mexican citizens could be refused entry to the United States if they test positive for swine flu, although we haven't had any cases yet," U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman Mike Balero told Reuters from Washington."

Will no doubt get juicier on a political scale now?

Guess he didn't get the "name change" memo,LOL!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
"City to push for swine flu vaccine: Calls for Manhattan Project like brain trust to develop vaccine"
www.nydailynews.com...

Jordan: Five pig farms in Karak governorate ordered closed by the government due to influenza A (H1N1) concerns. #swineflu #H1N12 minutes ago from web

brilliantanyway: is thinking about buying a hepa filtration mask, because Swine Flu seems to have made it to campus.

miked8888: @Rachbobach did you see people wearn masks? i hope u dont have the swine flu

less than 20 seconds ago from txt

john_chilmark: Just got off the phone with PHR company, services employers - absolutely swamped by employers wanting swine flu outreach mat'l for employees
less than 10 seconds ago from TweetDeck

Swine flu cases in B.C. up to 11
vanblog.urbalicious.com...

Switzerland, Jura: Young Female Returning From Mexico and Her Contacts In Isolation Due to Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Children's Hospital Reports Several Isolations Related to Swine Flu
www.publicbroadcasting.net...

State labs: US swine flu cases likely higher
news.yahoo.com...
4 mins ago

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join