It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Yes they keep reporting that Mexico is being hit so hard by this, but yet the WHO doesn't seem to agree. So who's telling the truth and who's lying and why ?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

rheaweather: unconfirmed swine flu case in williamson county, tn!

J_Ohhhh: Swine flu causing some local schools to close..some in riverside and one in corona thus far.

Peru: Five Suspected Cases of Swine Influenza Nationwide - Lima (3), Cusco (1), Iquitos, Loreto (1). #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

US, California: One Suspected Case of Swine Influenza Reported in San Diego State University Student; Campus Remains Open. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Wish we knew...

The publish date and the conditions it describes days ago cought my eye...Hmmm

[edit on 4/30/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I have a question for anybody that is old enough to have had this done to them. It doesn't really have anything to do with this, but it just seems like a good time to ask, since we are also discussing vaccines here.

There are those of us that were (everyone i know received theirs the same way) given vaccines in school. I believe they were supposed to be smallpox vaccinations, i was very young so i'm not sure it was smallpox, they were given to us with a gun type injection system.

Everyone i know that received this vaccine still has the scar on their shoulder. No one has received vaccinations like this,with a gun type injector that leaves a scar, before or after us.

My question is for those of that received this vaccine, do you or your parents remember what the vaccine was supposed to be for ? And do you ever have this feeling that it was really about something else ?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Mexico orders economic shutdown; pandemic imminent
www.reuters.com...

MEXICO CITY/GENEVA, April 30 (Reuters) - Mexico's president told citizens to stay home from Friday for a five-day partial shutdown of the economy, after the World Health Organisation raised its alert level and said a swine flu pandemic was imminent.

In his first televised address since the crisis erupted last week, President Felipe Calderon told Mexicans to stay home with their families. The country will suspend non-essential work and services, including some government ministries, from May 1-5.

"There is no safer place than your own home to avoid being infected with the flu virus," Calderon said.

Mexico reported another 17 deaths potentially linked to swine flu, bringing the total to as many as 176. Ten countries have reported cases of the H1N1 strain, and Texas officials said a 22-month-old boy had died while on a family visit from Mexico, the first confirmed swine flu death outside Mexico.
More at Link...

Seems I remember the asian/hong kong flu?

Back in 67 or 68...parents have all passed sooo...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Yes but yet the WHO is saying only 7/8 deaths, i find it hard to believe that Mexico is lying and therefore putting on such a show to help carry out some lie.

I'm sorry that you have lost your parents

I was always told it was smallpox, so were my cousins and friends. I've been trying to find out, i'm thinking that now would be a really good time to do some intense investigating.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

That was a small pox vaccination. My age pushing 50 the size of the scar is smaller than a dime and larger then a pencil eraser . And it is almost invisible unless you look real close the pre 60s vac left a size of a quarter to silver dollar size the earlier you go back from 1960 the larger the scare is and more pronounced it is . My was administered with a gun like apparatus with multiple needles in it like a tooth brush but larger than a pencil .

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lostinthedarkness

I'm 47 and mine is about the size of a dime and still noticable, i was also told it was for smallpox. There have just been some things goin on with us that have us thinking it may have been something else, at least for some of us.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Little boy one of two Alberta swine flu cases
www.660news.com...

Switzerland confirms first case of swine flu r.reuters.com... minutes ago from Reuters.com

Well good luck with yer investigation...I look forward to waking to some results...

It's alcove time for this Borgie...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I have read the bases that were used during certain years can cause health problems the years i read were 50 - 65 .

30s on i have had a few problems . Unsure of if is related to the pox vac . But For me flu vac No thank you . Too many problems with vac over the years .

Hope that helps .

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Lostinthedarkness

Thanks, i had to have received mine after 65', i was born in 61'. One of my cousins in 62' and the rest all older, we're all one year apart. It's not just family members though, friends also. Just too many of us with the same problems. Hoping to get some more input and find out if any more people feel they have problems because of these "vaccines". Thanks again for your help.

Edit to add; forgot to say they used the same thing on us, large gun type injector with several needles. Why so many needles for one vaccine

[edit on 4/30/2009 by chise61]

[edit on 4/30/2009 by chise61]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Better get some alcove! I am not sure how this is going to look tomorrow, from the looks of things, I'd say this in coming down the tube something fierce!

Looks as if the border was quiet today! Says folks are scared from just one fatality.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Question asked many times...

Are masks effective? I found this answer to be the best explanation!

Q Do masks provide protection against swine flu?

A Yes, but probably not to the person wearing them. They help stop the virus being expelled from the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, but are much less effective at protecting the wearer from a virus picked up on the hands or circulating in the air. Wearing a mask thus becomes a public-spirited act.

Source

U.S. 66 confrimed cases Swine Flu
www.webmd.com...

Tough Decisions on Ordering Vaccine

Global health officials trying to gauge the severity of the swine-flu outbreak face a tough call on how quickly to move on creating a vaccine for the new virus.

As confirmed cases of the new A/H1N1 flu virus mount and spread around the world, health officials must balance the desire to stop the spread quickly with some serious risks of moving too fast.

Even with a full push, it would take months to get a vaccine ready, and the effort could force drug companies to cut corners or reduce production of regular flu vaccine needed for the winter. But waiting too long could allow the swine-flu virus to have a much more deadly impact.

Work has already begun on a vaccine. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta has the basic components for a swine-flu vaccine, and is studying the makeup of the virus to better understand a central mystery: why it has caused serious illness and deaths in Mexico but generally milder symptoms elsewhere.

online.wsj.com...

New York
Thursday 04-30-2009
School outbreak creates panic in New York City

www.independent.co.uk...

Mexico is in deep financial trouble due to the Swine Flu
04-20-2009
www.independent.co.uk...

Felipe Calderon, the Mexican president, has called on "non essential" businesses to take a five day holiday from May 1 to May 5 in an attempt to slow the spread of the deadly swine flu virus.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Mexico confirms 159 deaths, School closed until May 6th
www.bloomberg.com...

Swine flu confirmed case: London could become a 'breeding ground'
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Veratect on Twitter

Twitter Breaking News

World Health Organization Threat Level Chart

CDC Swine Flu Main Page

CDC Press Breifing Page

RSOE EDIS Pandemic Map

Sky News Live TV

2009 H1N1 Google Outbreak Map *Very Good Map*

Google Map on Swine Flu

Many Google Maps on one Website

BioSurveillance Typepad Chart/List

Timeline of Mexico Events

Flu Wiki

U.S. Dept. Health & Human Services

U.S Border Crossing Information

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
And for those who asked, and others who are interested, the original story that started this thread...
Was Posted on Reuters AlertNet, Not Alex Jones....

And in the article it is published that the CDC stated:

WASHINGTON, April 23 (Reuters) - Seven people have been diagnosed with a new kind of swine flu in California and Texas, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported on Thursday.

All seven people have recovered but the virus itself is a never-before-seen mixture of viruses typical among pigs, birds and humans, the CDC said.

"We are likely to find more cases," the CDC's Dr. Anne Schuchat told a telephone briefing. "We don't think this is time for major concern around the country."

The CDC's Dr. Nancy Cox said virus samples from the seven appear to carry genes from swine flu, avian flu and human flu viruses from North America, Europe and Asia.

www.alertnet.org...

I report...YOU decide. So there you have it! The CDC issued a statement and they have not retracted it.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Just wanted to add that while face masks stop you from getting any droplets from an infected person into your mouth or nose, they do not protect your eyes so if someone that is infected coughs or sneezes around you the droplets may enter through your eyes and infect you that way.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
CBS21_NEWS: More than 100 schools across the country, including Forth Worth, TX and Huntsville, AL tell kids to stay home because of Swine Flu concerns.

CruiseExpertBob: Canadian airlines and tour operators in Europe have temporarily suspended service to Mexico because of the swine flu outbreak.

Spain's Air Europa cuts 80 pct of Mexico flights
r.reuters.com...

EU ministers to discuss coordinating travel curbs
r.reuters.com...

Dutch confirm swine flu case in three year-old
r.reuters.com...

EU health ministers to discuss travel restrictions
r.reuters.com...

Switzerland confirms first case of swine flu minutes ago from Reuters.com
r.reuters.com...

UAE bans pork imports to combat swine flu
r.reuters.com...

FACTBOX-How swine flu spreads in humans
r.reuters.com...

Russia bans raw pork imports from 2 more US states
r.reuters.com...

ANALYSTS' VIEW-How serious is swine flu? Should we worry?
r.reuters.com...

FACTBOX: Measures in Asia against swine flu
r.reuters.com...

Denton County reports two ‘probable’ cases
www.dentonrc.com...

Mexico faces deeper recession on swine flu outbreak
www.reuters.com...

Netherlands confirm first case of swine flu in todler; 19 million flu medication ordered.about 1 hour ago from BNO Headquarters

Local School District Closed Amid Swine Flu Fears
www.clickondetroit.com...

Governor says Missouri has Probable Case of Swine Flu
www.wibw.com...

Swine Flu An Epidemic Of Losses For Mexico Economy
www.wibw.com...

6 possible swine flu cases in WA, 3 in Seattle
www.king5.com...

Pennsylvania's first probable swine flu case reported in Philadelphia
www.lehighvalleylive.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Peru: First confirmed case tested negative in first two rounds of laboratory analysis; symptoms included bloody nose. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Peru: First confirmed swine influenza case is a woman removed from a flight originating in California; made emergency landing. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

FACTBOX-Measures against swine flu in Europe
r.reuters.com...

Will pandemic be mild, or kill millions?
r.reuters.com...

WHO issues advice to prevent flu spread in hospitals
r.reuters.com...

Fiji, Lautoka Hospital: Fiji’s First Suspected Swine Influenza Case Under Surveillance; Other Suspected Case Returned to New Zealandless than 20 seconds ago from web

FACTBOX: Country by country spread of new flu strain
r.reuters.com...

SE Asia health ministers to meet on swine flu threat
r.reuters.com...

Houston ISD is closing Harvard Elementary School and Hamilton Middle School indefinitely after two suspected cases of swine flu

Gov. Phil Bredesen said on Wednesday evening that Tennessee has an unconfirmed case of swine flu.

NRI from Texas arrives in Hyderabad with swine flu symptoms
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

#CHICAGO (AP) - The University of Chicago Medical Center says two of its employees have probable cases of swine flu. from TweetDeck

World Health Organization: Swine-flu pandemic 'imminent'
www.orlandosentinel.com...

In U.S., Swine Flu Fears Put Life On Pause
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Oh...by the way...mornin'!
(notice good was not included
)

Nicaragua: President declares a State of Emergency for the next two months in order to prevent spread of swine influenza. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Cancun airport flooded with tourists as they're trying to get back home...2 minutes ago from web

#FABIUS, N.Y. (AP) - A central NY school is closing for 2 days after preliminary testing showed a female student had contracted swine flu. from TweetDeck

Egypt: Suspected swine influenza case under investigation in Mayo City tests negative. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Netherlands: One Case of Swine Influenza Confirmed By Minister of Health #swinefluless than 20 seconds ago from web

Spain, Aragón: One Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Recorded #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Spain, Estremadura: One New Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Recorded,; Cumulative Total Reaches Two Suspected Cases #swineflu9 minutes ago from web

Spain, Valencia: 11 New Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Recorded,; Cumulative Total Reaches 23 Suspected Cases #swineflu10 minutes ago from web

Spain, Madrid: Four New Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Recorded,; Cumulative Total Reaches 16 Suspected Cases #swineflu10 minutes ago from web

Spain, Andalusia: 13 New Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Recorded,; Cumulative Total Reaches 24 Suspected Cases #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Mexico urges people to stay home as flu protection
news.yahoo.com...
19 mins ago

U.S.: Prepare for Long Haul
www.foxnews.com...

EU Ministers to Hold Emergency Flu Talks
www.foxnews.com...

Swine Flu Info HQ
www.foxnews.com...

CDC Flu Update
www.cdc.gov...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Morning Hx3_1963, already keeping up with all the info i see. Did you get much sleep? lil butt decided it was time for me to wake up, he ate and now is sleeping again. *lol* Figures.

So Mexico is urging people to stay home, which is not a bad idea but say they put that in place here. Who's going to pay our bills ? I dont know about most but a week off work with no pay, would put a real hurt on my finaces. Just curious if anyone has ran accrost anything that says what would happen if they require us to stay home.
And if you are stuck at home, what about the ones that need food, supplies, etc?
Most are not going to stock up, they dont even pay much atention to whats going on, let alone prepare.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It looks as if this has finally hit my area. This morning I found an article that surprised me ... but not much.

Gray said Texas law does not allow state officials to compel people to be medically treated or to compel people to stay in their homes under many circumstances.

This made me feel better, until I realized that it would probably fall under federal law rather than state law in this case.

She said physicians, emergency personnel and even parents do have a legal duty to report people who have a contagious disease once state authorities have declared they must do so. She said those reports are only to help contain disease and the information is confidential and cannot even be obtained by subpoena.

This is the bit that kind of blew me away. So be careful, ATS'rs. Even if we see mandatory vaccines and quarantines, we still have to report our own children for symptoms, or be considered law breakers!

What legal issues arise if Swine Flu spreads?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Confirmed numbers in Mexico: 99 infected by swine flu and 8 dead. The larger numbers cited earlier were SUSPECTED cases, as I noted Apr 272 minutes ago from web

Mexico: Health Minister confirms 50 new swine influenza cases and 1 death; totals reach 99 cases and 8 deaths nationwide. #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

Mexican Navy has opened its hospital in Mexico City to the general public, to broaden attention to suspected cases... good to know1 minute ago from web

US: CDC's Influenza Division Director states clinical presentation of swine influenza in the US "is looking a bit more" like that in Mexico.2 minutes ago from web

US, Texas: All high school sporting events statewide postponed until 11 May due to swine influenza. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Today is Children's day in Mexico... Kids are not amazed at all for having to stay home...5 minutes ago from web

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join