It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Has anyone mentioned cases in russia or china yet?

anyone know

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
FLASH: WHO has raised pandemic threat level for swine flu to phase 5: European Commission #swineflu2 minutes ago from twhirl

BULLETIN -- WHO: ALL COUNTRIES SHOULD IMMEDIATELY ACTIVATE PANDEMIC PREPAREDNESS PLAN.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

AP: WHO chief Margaret Chan says "it really is all of humanity that is under threat in a pandemic." @mpoppel is updating live.3 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Chan: Current WHO antiviral stocks are not enough, need more donations from companies and government donor support.3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

WHO's Chan: Higher alert is signal to governments, pharma industry and usiness community to take actionless than a minute ago from TweetDeck

Sky News Live video feed
news.sky.com...

Spain, Navarre: One Suspected Case of Swine Influenza Reported #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Guatemala: Three Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Dismissed in Guatemala City. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Ireland: 11 of 13 suspected swine influenza cases test negative. #swineflu11 minutes ago from web

US, Utah: Health officials report first probable swine influenza case. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Swine flu: Scots swine flu cases increase to 32
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Swine flu: Tamiflu for every front line health worker
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Hmmm...see how this is snunk in?
House approves $3.44 trillion budget resolution
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 4/29/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Ah shoot i was accidentally over on the 'other' thread and wondered what had happened, lol...

I made some good posts in between the war zone and one hit wonders, glad to be home.

Raised to level 5 Pandemic eminent

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
BULLETIN -- WHO: ALL COUNTRIES SHOULD IMMEDIATELY ACTIVATE PANDEMIC PREPAREDNESS PLAN.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

So what exactly dose that entail? Trying to find links to info as to what this means for us common folks.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
California Marine has swine flu; 30 quarantined
www.alertnet.org...

WHO’S CHAN SAYS FLU VIRUSES NOTORIOUS FOR RAPID MUTATION AND UNPREDICTIBLE BEHAVIOUR15 minutes ago from TweetDeck

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

That is exactly what i was thinking. They don't explain s**t!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
WHO | Pandemic preparedness
www.who.int...

State Pandemic Plans
www.pandemicflu.gov...

HHS Pandemic Influenza Plan
www.hhs.gov...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Israel, Tel Aviv And Kfar Saba: Remaining 3 Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Ruled Out By Ministry Of Health. #swinefluless than 10 seconds ago from web

Dominican Republic: One Suspected Swine Influenza Case Dismissed Santo Domingo. #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

US, Minnesota: State officials detect novel influenza A strain in Cold Spring resident; CDC testing. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Italy, Napoli: Two Suspected Cases of Swine Influenza Tested Negative #swineflu6 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I feel as if a conspiracy is coming true before our very eyes. I am not saying this is a conspiracy as such. But you know, the circumstances and everything.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
WHO confirms pandemic threat raised to 5 out of 6
www.reuters.com...

WHO Chief: Pandemic flu evolving quickly, important to take it very seriously1 minute ago from TweetDeck

WHO chief: Real question right now is how severe the pandemic will be3 minutes ago from TweetDeck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Italy, Arezzo: One Suspected Case of Swine Influenza Under Investigation #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Italy, Massa: Suspected Case of Swine Influenza Tests Negative #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

Buenos Aires: One Suspected Swine Influenza Case Dismissed; Facemask Supplies Sold Out. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

US, California: Pentagon confirms swine influenza in a marine at the Twenty-Nine Palms base. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Lithuania: First Suspected Case of Swine Influenza Reported. Case Recently Returned From Mexico. #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

Guatemala: Three New Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Identified; Huehuetenango (1), Izabal (1), and Petén (1).#swineflu4 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just in case anyone needs a refresher on what the various levels represent here is the HHS Pandemic Influenza Plan:

U.S. Department of Health & Human Services

Improving the health, safety, and well-being of America
Frequent Questions

Search:

Font Size Print Download Reader HHS Home|About HHS|Contact Us

HHS Pandemic Influenza Plan
Home: HHS Pandemic Influenza Plan

Visit PandemicFlu.gov for one-stop access to U.S. Government avian and pandemic flu information. HHS is responsible for Pandemic Influenza Planning, outlined below.

In 1999, the World Health Organization (WHO) Secretariat published guidance for pandemic influenza and defined the phases of a pandemic. Updated guidance was published in 2005 to redefine these phases. This schema is designed to provide guidance to the international community and to national governments on preparedness and response for pandemic threats and pandemic disease. Compared with the 1999 phases, the new definitions place more emphasis on pre-pandemic phases when pandemic threats may exist in animals or when new influenza virus subtypes infect people but do not spread efficiently. Recognizing that distinctions between the two interpandemic phases and the three pandemic alert phases may be unclear, the WHO Secretariat proposes to base classification on assessment of risk based on a range of scientific and epidemiological data.

Recognizing that at any pandemic phase, national situations will differ based on whether a country is affected or not affected by the novel influenza subtype, the WHO Secretariat recommends “national subdivisions” of phases based on whether a country is experiencing disease or has extensive trade and travel links with an affected country. National subdivisions of phases will be designated by national authorities. In the United States, pandemic phases will be defined based on the global phase and determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. During the pandemic phase, additional subdivisions may be defined based on the extent of disease. In actual practice, the distinction between the various phases of pandemic influenza may be blurred or occur in a matter of hours, again underscoring the need for flexibility.

Table C-1: Summary of WHO Global Pandemic Phases (WHO Global Influenza Preparedness Plan, 2005)

Interpandemic Period

Phase 1. No new influenza virus subtypes have been detected in humans. An influenza virus subtype that has caused human infection may be present in animals. If present in animals, the risk of human infection or disease is considered to be low
Phase 2. No new influenza virus subtypes have been detected in humans. However, a circulating animal influenza virus subtype poses a substantial risk of human disease

Pandemic Alert Period

Phase 3. Human infection(s) with a new subtype but no human-to-human spread or at most rare instances of spread to a close contact
Phase 4. Small cluster(s) with limited human-to-human transmission but spread is highly localized, suggesting that the virus is not well adapted to humans
Phase 5. Larger cluster(s) but human-to-human spread is still localized, suggesting that the virus is becoming increasingly better adapted to humans but may not yet be fully transmissible (substantial pandemic risk)

Pandemic Period

Phase 6. Pandemic phase: increased and sustained transmission in the general population

Postpandemic Period

Return to the Interpandemic Period (Phase 1)

Frequent Questions | Contact HHS | Accessibility | Privacy Policy | Freedom of Information Act | Disclaimers | The White House | USA.gov | HHS Archive

U.S. Department of Health & Human Services · 200 Independence Avenue, S.W. · Washington, D.C. 20201

[edit on 29-4-2009 by antar]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think I'm jumping off the fence today. This is getting "seriouser" and "seriouser" by the minute! Any more deaths outside Mexico?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Czech Republic, Prague: Three Swine Influenza Cases Test Negative; Health Minister Advises Against Purchase Tamiflu And Masks. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Iowa Gov. Chet Culver says state has 2 probable cases of swine flu.2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I realize this is a little late in the game to be asking this, but, when we have flu in the normal flu season, does it move around the whole world like this? I guess it would do to international travel, but what is so different about this one? The fact there isn't a vaccine?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I am not so sure but from other posts i've read this flu is mutating really fast so they can't get a vaccine in time. Don't quote me on this because i might be wrong, but that is my take on it from what i've read.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The Queens UK preparedness site for Professionals and first responders, well worth a look:

Pandemic Portal .Ca

Welcome
The purpose of this project is to develop a training and preparation framework for managing severe respiratory illness such as pandemic influenza for hospitals in Ontario.

A comprehensive learning portal complete with educational material, templates and assistive materials to permit hospitals to plan effectively for a pandemic of severe respiratory illness is being developed.

The audience for this pandemic learning portal includes both frontline healthcare workers who will be providing services during a pandemic and the managers and clinical leaders who are charged with preparing for an unknown pandemic and putting into place the appropriate guidelines, processes and safety procedures to be followed during a pandemic. In particular, close attention is paid to the needs of smaller and rural hospitals that have unique challenges in planning for a pandemic.

Please select the chapter of the table of contents on the left that you would like to view.

www.pandemicportal.ca...

The reason I post this is for educational purposes as we discover more about the possibilities of quarantines and remaining in home during this and subsequent waves of this global pandemic. Many of us will become the caretakers of our family and loved ones, so it is never too soon to start looking at how the plans in the hospitals are being made and to take information for home implementation where it applies.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by antar]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I don't know why it is being called swine flu that is just stupid, I read reports they don't even know for sure it is from pigs.

Why isn't it being called Mexican Flu? Is that too insensitive? That's what it is.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I have been reading Mexican newspapers for the last hour or so...just at random. I speak fluent Spanish, having gone through school systems in Colorado.
Hmmmmmm........
It is not the same story there!!! Not at all. Parents are upset that their kids are out of school. Medicinal vans are shown throughout the entire country..with no one participating. Only those dispensing "meds" are wearing the blue breathing covers.
It's a whole different aura than what is being presented by our news.
Of course, the people are discussing the economic ramifications of canceling Cinco de Mayo festivities; and it appears that smaller cities and towns are going ahead as usual. Almost all of the papers had front page sections devoted to maintaining a cleaner home and lifestyle..especially with all of the children not in school.

I was only able to get into about one of every five papers that I tried to link to.

Mexico City....well.....it's a huge, bustling metropolis....
There are many publications there. The main daily newspaper was pretty much msn in Spanish. The smaller ones were watered down versions. Still, nowhere near the chaotic pandemonium reporting that we are receiving.

I wholeheartedly believe that the world is being lied to in a huge way right now and that there is an undermining of powers at play here.
We have all been reading posts from fellow ATS'ers abroad......
Something does not jive at all....at all.

Peace...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Belgium: Five To Seven Suspected Cases Of Swine Influenza Reported. #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

ECUADOR TO RESTRICT ENTRY OF PASSENGERS FROM MEXICO TO THE COUNTRY- HEALTH MINISTER Reut16:57 04-29-093 minutes ago from TweetDeck

More than 100 U.S. schools closed because of swine flu
www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

All flues in nature start in the east, usually in the Asian countries and move west, this one however is reversed.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join