It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

You forgot to mention 1 thing. Plenty of vitamin C. My brother turned me on to it after he had not been sick for 3 years. I tried it this year. I take 1 thousand milligrams in the morning and the same at night. I did not get sick this winter, nada, nothing. First time in 5 years! there have been clinical studies of people that took upwords of over 20,000 mg a day with no side affects. Everyone is different though, 2,000mg a day has helped me!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

There is NO Swine Flu Vaccine. PERIOD. They are working on developing one, but the last time, it had bad interactions with carriers of Gillian Barre and that was deadlier than the flu was.

Here is the CDC's page on the investigation

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Wow...it's scary to think that a healthy immune system might be part of your downfall. If you were young and healthy and went to the doctor with this flu, would they prescribe drugs to lessen the immune system?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I feel sick right now after reading all of this. Here in COLORADO the sky is sunny and warm, there is a light breeze. Seems like the perfect breeding-ground for a pandemic. Someone save plucky! I think I am beyond saving myself!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
reply to post by Aeons

Wow...it's scary to think that a healthy immune system might be part of your downfall. If you were young and healthy and went to the doctor with this flu, would they prescribe drugs to lessen the immune system?

Essentially the medications they give interupt specific immune responses. So for example, Tamiflu uses a chemical that was originally derived from star anise to interupt the the cytokitine (sp?) storm triggered by your immune system going into overdrive to kill off the pathogen.

[edit on 2009/4/24 by Aeons]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
On this note - I believe that the WHO is actually taking this very seriously.

Not because they say so, but because the pictures of the WHO rep talking to the media looks like the guy hasn't brushed his hair or slept for 24 hours.WHO SPOKEMAN

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If someone has already posted this in one of the other threads, I apologize! This regards the possibility of 'pandemic", this virus is currently classified as a 3 on the 1-6 scale....and is being considered for re-evaluation...... SCARY PEOPLE, VERY SCARY.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hey plucky, here's you Handy Dandy Flu Pandemic Guide

(pdf warning)

Lots of good info in that, everyone should save a copy

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

The Nick Nolte look is still in, if you think otherwise then you need to reassess your beautician aesthetics. Kidding...

I must admit, this is fresh doom, so I am a bit excited (sorry, I know people are dying, but there are people dying everywhere anyway and people can't get enough of Dancing With The Stars). But if this thing spreads, by next week, and Dustin Hoffman does nothing to help, we are all in trouble. Leave the major cities now!

Here is a pdf on how to survive the flu pandemic

www.fluwikie.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Go outside and get away from the computer for a while...get some fresh air and sunshine. Colorado is a great place, away from all the fracus!
Good for you!

I an posting this here, was on the original breaking news thread...
Original Post

In 1976 a new strain of swine flu started infecting people and worried U.S. health officials started widespread vaccination. More than 40 million people were vaccinated. But several cases of Guillain-Barre syndrome, a severe and sometime fatal condition that can be linked to come vaccines, caused the U.S. government to stop the program. The incident led to widespread distrust of vaccines in general

Scroll to the end of the article
www.alertnet.org...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Jinx you owe me a pop! A Pepsi, please.

Caffeine will not help the flu, but it sure will taste good as I fade....

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If there can be any humor here, then I just saw it. MSNBC had a correspondent from their sister station in Mexico on and he said we would be able to tell how serious Mexico thinks this is by whether or not they cancel the soccer matches this weekend! What a way to measure the atmosphere of this thing!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Mexico City cancelled their classes.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by redhatty

Jinx you owe me a pop! A Pepsi, please.

Caffeine will not help the flu, but it sure will taste good as I fade....

Actually caffeine is packed with antioxidants -
if you drink it within the 1st 10 minutes of brewing it.
So drink away! Organic.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
If there can be any humor here, then I just saw it. MSNBC had a correspondent from their sister station in Mexico on and he said we would be able to tell how serious Mexico thinks this is by whether or not they cancel the soccer matches this weekend! What a way to measure the atmosphere of this thing!

Not so much. That is a major indicator. Soccer/football is ravenous in Mexico. They would be smart to close that down as a preemptive measure. If not, who knows how bad it could get.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
Actually caffeine is packed with antioxidants -
if you drink it within the 1st 10 minutes of brewing it.
So drink away! Organic.

Oooohhh coffee I love coffee! I am so glad to know why I am a coffee snob...my body knows what is gpod for me as I always want it fresh!

Thanks for posting that Spinky!

Wow this is flu reporting is unreal...no one in the U.S. has died, but all this media attention. Imagine that?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Dang Plucky...Pepsi & Panic Sex...in the same day!!!

I'm lurking here as it seems Y'all have it under control S&F!

Hope Michigan is cold enough to kill it...

[edit on 4/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I was wondering when you were going to chime-chime. Panic sex only works when you are healthy...no sniveling, it ruins the moment. So, yeah, the New World Order wants to take that away from me.

I am wondering about this story and the next few weeks. With the incubation period being 5-7 days, I am wondering...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

We are having some coffee also, want a cup? And lets have it in one of those new spiffy depression cups!

Seriously though imagine what you could do with posting flu statistics
Hx3! With your capabilities, you could probably go to work for the CDC!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

CDC no likey me...I'm to analytical for them

Plus...they won't allow Depression Stooge mugs in isolation...

But...I do have advanced Borg Technology that might help them...for a price

I hope these precautions they're taking down there help slow its spread...

It "sounds" like a humanly contrived variant to me, but, what can I say...

[edit on 4/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join