It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Just read this and NOW I'm getting ticked off: how STUPID do they think we are???

health.usnews.com...

"Universal Flu Vaccine Shows Promise"

"Novel vaccines, capable of inducing long-lasting, broad immunity against divergent strains, including potential pandemic viruses, are highly desirable," Belshe said."

Is it me or it this as transparent as it sounds??? I know it doesn't say "they have it"...that will be tomorrow,LOL!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Odd. Some of the ones on the map, like for Texas, says the cases are just suspected, when we know there are confirmed cases there. 45 confirmed in New York, 1 confirmed in California, but the other California ones are conflicted. The icon for San Diego is red, and the status is confirmed, but it lists the cases as suspected.

Infected (Susp.): 7
Infected (Conf.): 0
Quaranten: 0

Is the blending of suspected and confirmed cases normal for the RSOE map? Or is my computer going wacky again?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

:Star for you! Where is Hx3? He always says that so perfect!

You are right! I imagine that may be the reason they made a 3 in 1 virus!

but at the same time, knowing all the dangers of vaccines, I would never accept one...like Tamiflu...worthless or worse! Good find!

reply to post by AquilaCat

That is strange, are you looking at the RSOE map? Maybe it is off a bit?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
From Twitter: Breaking News

Officials confirm 2 more swine flu cases at St. Mel school in Fair Oaks, California, bringing the total cases in the state to 13.
about 1 hour ago from BNO Headquarters

Until now, there are possible cases of swine flu in 23 countries. In depth coverage can be found at @mpoppel and @rodrigomx
about 4 hours ago from BNO Headquarters

Swine flu reaches Asia. South Korea confirms the first case, according to officials quoted by Yonhap.
about 6 hours ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ah yes...our wonderful Government sticking their noses ..in the Medical Industry...again. Pretty much giving up all powers of Congress to International Bodies thanks to the three idiots back in 2005. These guys are either real stupid, or real smart. I choose the former. I'd stay away from any flu shots if you are a healthy person...because if you saw the Ron Paul vid....more people died from the flu shot then from the actual swine flu itself back in 1976.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Thanks! I live close to St. Mels...only 20 minutes away...and a few other posters in this thread...thanks for the update!

Originally posted by antmax21
Ah yes...our wonderful Government sticking their noses ..in the Medical Industry...again. Pretty much giving up all powers of Congress to International Bodies thanks to the three idiots back in 2005. These guys are either real stupid, or real smart. I choose the former. I'd stay away from any flu shots if you are a healthy person...because if you saw the Ron Paul vid....more people died from the flu shot then from the actual swine flu itself back in 1976.

Right on!

Everyone! Please watch the Ron Paul Video!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
What are the updates
I havent seen any what happend to the confirmed cases that this page kept getting updated with?

Lets go people. Ive read alot of the posts and their either old,stale,dead

did everyone give up on this already

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
What are the updates
I havent seen any what happend to the confirmed cases that this page kept getting updated with?

Lets go people. Ive read alot of the posts and their either old,stale,dead

did everyone give up on this already

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KonigKaos

Hey there! We are up to date with these links below! Click on each link, to find out the various statistics, and maps!

maps.google.com...

Google Map on Swine Flu

Another Google Maps Swine Flu Locator

Many Google Maps on one Website

biosurveillance Veratect

Veratect on Twitter

Twitter Breaking News

BioSurveillance Typepad Chart/List

CDC Swine Flu

World Health Organization

Currenty at Threat Level 4

27 April 2009 -- The current situation regarding the outbreak of swine influenza A(H1N1) is evolving rapidly. As of 27 April 2009, the United States Government has reported 40 laboratory confirmed human cases of swine influenza A(H1N1), with no deaths. Mexico has reported 26 confirmed human cases of infection with the same virus, including seven deaths. Canada has reported six cases, with no deaths, while Spain has reported one case, with no deaths.

CDC Press Breifing

RSOE EDIS Pandemic Map
US, California: Two Additional Cases of Swine Influenza Confirmed in Students; Total of 13 Confirmed Cases Statewide
about 1 hour ago from web US, El Paso: Four Residents Being Tested for Swine Influenza
about 2 hours ago from web South Korea: Suspected Swine Influenza Case in Gyeonggi a 50-Year-Old Female Returned from Mexico Via Los Angeles
about 2 hours ago from web US, Colorado: Possible Case of Swine Influenza Detected in an Ouray County Resident Returning From Mexico.
about 3 hours ago from web Canada: Total of Eight Cases of Swine Influenza Identified Nationwide
about 3 hours ago from web US, California: San Diego County Reports Five Confirmed Cases and Two Probable Cases of Swine Influenza
about 4 hours ago from web US, California: Santa Clara public health officials testing 12 samples for swine influenza virus.
about 4 hours ago from web Australia, Tasmania: Health Minister Reports Two Suspected Cases of Swine Influenza
about 5 hours ago from web US, California: 20 people with "severe" influenza-like symptoms, some recently visited Mexico, according to public health officer.
about 5 hours ago from web Mexico: Canadian Hospitalized in Cancun With Severe Asthma Attack; Family Claims Canadian Government Blocking Return Due to Swine Influenza
about 5 hours ago from web

[edit on 28-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Excellent video set to watch, listen and learn how to protect yourself in this hyped up stage of flu spreading! Please listen first if you are thinking of taking a vaccine!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

Connecting the dots....

This last Sunday, April 26, 2009 (yesterday) the "Festival De La Familia" was held at CalExpo, the site of the California State Fair, in Sacramento, California.

The annual event, celebrating the heritage of twenty different Hispanic cultures with food, games, music, and dance, was attended by aproximately 20,000 people from all over northern and central California.

How many of them have recently returned from visits to Mexico, or have friends and/or family who are recent returnees?

Just wait for the 5 de Mayo celebrations.

But, as Mexicans say: tequila kills everything. And before anyone mentions the worm, I'll tell you that tequila does NOT have a worm in it, that is the mezcal. (Worm's dead though, so I guess mezcal kills everything as well hehehe).

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
you know what this is bull#, whats the one way to let the govt take more power.. produce in our minds the fear that we are all going to die from an epidemic of the "deadly" killer flu thats killed about no one in America or anywhere else actually and were all like "ahh its the end of the world" and now we are playing into their hands, why do you think the msm is reporting this # so much and saying its gonna be of pandemic proportions and basically fear mongering it to death, so if you want to continue to be afraid of the deadly virus that can get you sick with the flu just like all other colds go ahead, but me im preparing for the next wave when it wont be this nice and well already be so comfortable with the govt helping us in a time of crisis theyll just kill us and get it over with saying that we were infected and no one will say # because they will be fearing for their own lives

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Any more information on New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sanofi Pasteur (Swiftwater, PA, USA) trying to make a vaccine but it will take time!

No reported cases according to paper in PA as of yet, but this area is close to New York and New Jersey borders and usually has heavy out of state traffic, im predicted a few days!

www.poconorecord.com.../20090428/NEWS/904280318

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Good morning, all. This morning is the first I've heard of any testing being done in my local area. The article doesn't say how many results are pending/suspected, but it does say that the samples are from four different hospitals.

The swine flu outbreak has showed possible signs of spreading to Houston, but the city is still waiting on results of the cultures it sent to the CDC. Houston Health and Human Services Spokeswoman Kathy Barton said late Monday she expects to get word Tuesday on the material collected from Memorial Hermann, Texas Children’s, St. Luke’s and Baylor College of Medicine’s clinic.

Houston Chronicle

As a side note, the Houston ISD is the largest in the state of Texas. If there are confirmed cases, it will put close to 200,000 children out of school.

(ETC: Sorry, still need coffee to make my reading skills work!)

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Cameoii]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I have been confused by the RSOE Pandemic map as well. Texas now has 6 confirmed cases and a few different quarentine status. I'm not sure why it hasn't been updated.

Houston Chronicle
cnn.com

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Twitter: swineflubrk

New Zealand and Israel confirmed cases of swine flu. Tweet to others about news @swineflubrk
43 minutes ago from web
Confirmed swine flu cases in the United States has increased from 20 to 50 - /dkk4tl
about 2 hours ago from web

Twitter: Breaking News

NZ Health Minister: We are assuming that all of the people [10 in total] who had tested positive for Influenza A, have Swine Flu.
about 3 hours ago from BNO Headquarters

FLU UPDATE -- Three of the 10 students, who travelled to Mexico on a school trip from New Zealand, have tested positive for swine flu.

FLU UPDATE -- Israel confirms first case of swine flu; British Airways is not canceling its flights to Mexico.

Sky News: World Health Organization says there are several swine flu cases in China.
about 5 hours ago from BNO Headquarters

The ones for New Zealand don't seem to coincide with eachother. 3 of 10 positive for swine flu, compared to all ten.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreaken1993
you know what this is bull#, whats the one way to let the govt take more power.. produce in our minds the fear that we are all going to die from an epidemic of the "deadly" killer flu thats killed about no one in America or anywhere else actually and were all like "ahh its the end of the world" and now we are playing into their hands, why do you think the msm is reporting this # so much and saying its gonna be of pandemic proportions and basically fear mongering it to death, so if you want to continue to be afraid of the deadly virus that can get you sick with the flu just like all other colds go ahead, but me im preparing for the next wave when it wont be this nice and well already be so comfortable with the govt helping us in a time of crisis theyll just kill us and get it over with saying that we were infected and no one will say # because they will be fearing for their own lives

I don't think the govt. is telling us were all going to die; from what I hear they report that the majority of cases are very mild. Personally I am glad they are informing us of a possible flu coming to my area, I am being more cautious, much more cautious like not going to crowded areas such as movie theaters, I'm using the drive-thru instead of eating inside, etc. If they didn't report on it, what would we say? That they want us to be caught unaware, right?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Totally agree! Well put.
Let's not be caught unaware. Know symptoms and safeguards.

I can remember as a child in the 1950's my mother, who never gave in to even the slightest cold, being in bed for 5 days with a flu, coughing horribly, with the family worrying she might die, it was that bad. Most flu in our family was mild, but not that time.

Here's what we need to know...how can this type of flu be prevented in the first place? Maybe this is what needs to be brought up in the news, the lack of sanitation at such farms, whether in China or Mexico or...Afterall, when the flu strains traditionally developed in China, there was time to come up with a vaccine/alert the world's population. Not so this time.
prevention: vigilance with better farm sanitation!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

I don't think the spread of these contagions can be stopped, not with the way humanity treats the animal kingdom now. What goes around comes around. 50 years ago animals were farm-raised and treated with care, but now, to supply the demand of the "we want what we want" society the animals are treated so incredibly cruel. Sorry not meaning to go off topic but your post got me going, I was just talking about that very thing over the weekend with some friends.

Glad your mom survived. I had the real flu just once, sick as a dog (sorry Gizmo) for a solid month, coughing hacking aching.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join